Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Summer Transfer chat

Intuition, guess or are you in the know?  If the latter, when?

Just what I was told today by someone who should be in the know.

Other than the suggestion that Milne would deal at £6m, I have no further info to pass on.

Time will confirm or otherwise. I would be betting at even money that my source wasn't bullshitting.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure about the validity of this report, but it does seem a left back may be on his way in...

Derby County defender Max Lowe is poised to join Scottish Premiership side Aberdeen on loan.

Lowe started the season as Derby's first-choice left-back after impressing new boss Frank Lampard in pre-season.

The 21-year-old, who has come through the youth ranks at Derby, started the opening two Championship games of the season against Reading and Leeds.

However, the recent arrival of Scott Malone from Huddersfield has pushed him down the pecking order in Lampard's first-team plans.

Craig Forsyth has started the last two Championship wins against Ipswich and Preston at left-back meaning Lowe is third-choice in the battle for a place in the starting XI.

Derby's English defender Max Lowe (L) jumps against Leicester City's Ghanaian midfielder Daniel Amartey ® during the English FA Cup fourth round replay football match between Leicester...

Lampard is willing to loan out Lowe so that he can continue his development with regular first-team football this season.

A number of clubs have expressed an interest in taking Lowe on loan, but Aberdeen have moved quickly to agree a deal with Derby for the defender.

I do have a feeling McKenna will be away.

No chance, we wont sell McKenna to the tims, not even for £6m

(hoping to fuck that statement doesn't age quickly over the next couple of days)

I would hope that our manager sees that there is a real gap in having either

a) A actual real mannie left back or

b) Cover for the left back that isn't Shinnie.

c) We are away to accept a £3m bit from timmy for Considine 

Do not get why we are signing another defender. Unless one is leaving of course...

I don;t get why we are only now starting to look at signing defenders. It's been one of the weakest positions in the team for the past few seasons. Fitting center backs all across the back 4 when somebody is injured or suspended has been absolute madness. 

Record also suggesting we have made an approach for Ryan Gauld, loan deal.

Thon Peter O'Rourke from Sky Sports, who only tweets confirmed deals, ran with the Lowe deal, albeit it was from that HITC, not sure how accurate they are or have been.

EDIT TO ADD - If Lowe is coming in, Considine has been our LB for years, Shinnie is obviously a natural LB, so it's not like we need one, something definitely on the horizon in terms of a player out. Also, we've signed Ferguson, Gleeson, Ball & Forrester, all midfielders, so it's not like we're short in there either.

From some Portuguese site re.sapo.pt

Aberdeen submitted a proposal to Sporting for loan from midfielder Ryan Gauld, the Renaissance knows.

Gauld arrived at Sporting with only 18 years and with the label of "Mini Messi" Scotch.

Four seasons later, the midfielder has not yet avenged Sporting's main team and is preparing for a new loan, after not convincing lions coach José Peseiro.

Last season, Ryan Gauld was loaned to Desportivo das Aves, where he made 23 appearances and scored a goal.

I don;t get why we are only now starting to look at signing defenders. It's been one of the weakest positions in the team for the past few seasons. Fitting center backs all across the back 4 when somebody is injured or suspended has been absolute madness.

We operate a small squad and already have Shinnie, Considine and Hoban who can all play left back so would have thought another left back was lower down on the list of priorities than a creative midfielder for example.

Surprised at the reaction to this.  We have been saying for years that we need to sign another lb if shinnie is playing cm.  Hoban is a cb who can play fb but he's no quicker than considine which is his big weakness when playing lb.  In other words I'll be very happy if sign an actual lb who is going to play lb.

If we bring in this lb/lwb and Gauld who can play anywhere in the forward midfield three (if memory serves). I think it will have been an excellent window. We seem to have cover all across the pitch. Assume also that Ball and the possible Gauld will be loans with opportunity to sign at end of season. Add in the young lads, the mix seems good too.

Welcome aboard loon. Could this mean McKenna getting shifted today/tomorrow? Would be leaving it late if so.

Considine done an admirable job at left back over the last few years, so this guy (albeit a totally different type of player we'd assume) will have to be good.

Wonder if he can play midfield?

Loan till January is a bit of a puzzler. Doesn't really make a lot of sense unless the club are playing down the length of absence McKenna will be missing for. Or as Rico has said, if McKenna is offski tomorrow.

If DM was really serious about going with a conventional left back/wing back surely the loan would have been for the full season?

Will Reynolds be back by January?

Makes sense to have 6 defenders.

1 RB (Logan)

1 RCB (Devlin)

1 cover for RB/RCB (Hoban)

1 LCB (McKenna)

1 LB (Lowe/Considine)

1 cover for LB/LCB (Considine/Lowe)

Reynolds replaces Lowe when fit.

Loan till January is a bit of a puzzler. Doesn't really make a lot of sense unless the club are playing down the length of absence McKenna will be missing for. Or as Rico has said, if McKenna is offski tomorrow.

If DM was really serious about going with a conventional left back/wing back surely the loan would have been for the full season?

I suspect that Derby want to see how their other 2 left backs are playing come January and then re-asses the situation. Lowe signed a 3 year extension with them just before coming here, so he's still in their plans. If we have him and don;t play him then he'll go elsewhere, if he's playing regularly but not required back at Derby for the second half of the season then he maybe extends the loan.

Will Reynolds be back by January?

Makes sense to have 6 defenders.

1 RB (Logan)

1 RCB (Devlin)

1 cover for RB/RCB (Hoban)

1 LCB (McKenna)

1 LB (Lowe/Considine)

1 cover for LB/LCB (Considine/Lowe)

Reynolds replaces Lowe when fit.

That's about it I suppose. Reynolds very much the square peg in that scenario of course. As TC says, the introduction of Lowe (if he's more than backup) would involve a change of style that would be awkward to revert from in January, as Reynolds just provides a shitter left back version of Considine rather than an attacking player. Still, it's important for the next few games while McKenna is out at least (unless he misses the weekend game and McKenna returns after the international break!) as it retains Shinnie in midfield and we get the chance to assess the guy and see if he's an improvement until January - then we re-visit. As it stands, we've either got this guy as backup to Considine or we envisage signing another left back in January (and Reynolds just comes in handy if McKenna leaves or we get more injuries).

It's just a real shame that we've had to sign 2 "senior" players in our fullback positions as cover because we haven't been able to produce a good one from youth.

This will have been dictated by Derby. If DM went hollering and demanding a season long loan, they'd have just let him go to another club who accepted the loan till January.

See where all three parties are in January and review it.