Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Calderwood poll - what now?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Article from Charlie Nicholas ref Calderwood:

WHY FUSS OVER CALD?

Jimmy Calderwood's not made the sort on inroads he should have at Aberdeen.  I was surprised there was such a big fuss to get Willie Miller to give him a new contract because it's not as if he has brought a trophy to Pittodrie!

The European run was great but everything else has been a real disappointment.

They are just above Inverness and Hearts who have had one of their worst seasons ever and that has been a big blow after last season's third place finish.

The manager has threatened to move on half his team - even though he signed every one of them!

Jimmy has made a lot of blunders in the transfer market and when players sign for the Dons it's not long before they want to get away and it seems to be from the manager rather than the club.

Calderwood needs to bring some proper direction to the club and make progress or he will never win over the Aberdeen support.

My old club have a great youth policy and surely it shouldn't be too hard to find a good balance between that and some decent experienced players to give you a base to build on.

He can't keep chopping and changing.

Nicholas is a complete buffoon with so little real interest in Scottish football (even including the Old Firm) his opinions are totally irrelevant.

He appears to have JC down to a tee. I agree with pretty much everything he's written there.

Nicholas is a complete buffoon with so little real interest in Scottish football (even including the Old Firm) his opinions are totally irrelevant.

I never said I disagreed with what he said. What I said about Nicholas still stands though.

What senior players that Calderwood signed have wanted away "from the manager" though? If Nicholson and Miller go it will almost certainly be for money.

I never said I disagreed with what he said. What I said about Nicholas still stands though.

What senior players that Calderwood signed have wanted away "from the manager" though? If Nicholson and Miller go it will almost certainly be for money.

Unless he knows something we don't. He is best mates with Willie Miller, afterall.

Don't agree with the buffoon bit.

Lovell, Seve (so I've been told), Crawford, and Soutar all want away from the manager.

Imo Nicholson wants a move away so he can play down south at a higher level. Not too sure if it's about the money.

It is indeed very odd. Almost as if someone else wrote it for him.

:lolabove:

He has an article on Scottish football every week.  It's not really that odd though is it?  He used to play in Scotland, he's Scottish, and is a football pundit.  He's surely going to keep track of what's going on in the SPL?

• 3 weeks later...

So the detractors have been long giving it "no cup runs" when we finished 3rd.

And whilst the cup form was diabolical to say the least it has been resurrected to great effect this season.

UEFA last 32, semi of the League Cup and now a semi in the Scottish Cup, after beating the holders.

Still clearly not good enough for some.

Guest Caroline B

I'm indifferent about Calderwood. Sometimes better the devil you know, then again sometimes better with a new set of eyes. Ach.......Just toss a coin  ???