Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Calderwood poll - what now?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

End of the season, but as I said in another thread, I don't know what sort of state we'll be in after that. In fact, I fear it. All the progress he has made has been totally wiped out. Be it his own doing or the boards, or even a combination of all involved, I don't know.

He was already trying to deflect the flack onto the board pre match as apparently he was saying that if he still had Hart, Anderson, Heikkenen and MCnaughton then none of our defence would have been playing in munich......great for player morale no doubt but also clearly a dig at the board for not stumping up.

Last season and the start of this I was very critical of JC but decided on getting behind him given our reasonable league position and good cup form but deep down I feared that was just papering over the cracks.

JC has persisted with his tinkering and the horrific pre season "preparations" meant we had no pairings anywhere on the park....particularly in defence and this has cost us dear.

At the moment I feel he should go..unfortunately we can't afford to sack him.....so we need him to do the honourable thing and fall on his own sword.  Problem is his ego is so big he won't take any blame for this.

.......fuck I'm depressed

We cant afford to sack him now.

Worryingly after the game he says he will want to major restructure during the summer. I dont trust him to buy players.

Here is why........

Calderwood said: "I don't think Stuart has got too much to prove. I don't want to sound big headed but I expect him to prove my judgment of him right. I have heard a lot about him and I have tried to sign him twice before. In the two days he has been here he has only substantiated what I thought of him.

http://www.thisisnorthscotland.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=149670&command=displayContent&sourceNode

We cant afford to sack him now.

Worryingly after the game he says he will want to major restructure during the summer. I dont trust him to buy players.

Here is why........

http://www.thisisnorthscotland.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=149670&command=displayContent&sourceNode

we can't afford a major restructuring....and although the board have to take some blame JC's questionable signing policy and total disinterest and a proper youth and scouting set up means we can afford his "major restructuring" even less. 

I'm almost speechless at how badly this season has turned out.

OK half decent Euro run... ish...

Piss poor defeat to DU in semi at Tynie...

Being gubbed black and blue by every team we play in the league... 3-1 to fucking Killie who couldnae buy a win recently... WTF?!?!?

The most bizarre 'rotation' policy and worst substitutions imaginable... I really am at a loss at to what has gone wrong.

My only conclusion so far is that Calderwood has been having us on the whole time... bluffed his way into third place and UEFA cup last season and has so far shown no aptitiude for handling the weight of expectation that that has engendered.

We seem to be in freefall at the moment, with no real light at the end of the tunnel.

Really hoped that we would never go through such a trough again, but it looks like we had maybe just better get fucking used to it.

Gutted.

>:D

apparently he was saying that if he still had Hart, Anderson, Heikkenen and MCnaughton then none of our defence would have been playing in munich

Eh? Anderson and McNaughton wanted to try their hands in England. Heikkinen hated the city. No amount of money can solve those three reasons for leaving. JC is pointing the finger at everyone else but him. Yet he is the common denominator in ALL our defeats. HE choses the defence. HE choses the formations. HE decides to remove Walker and bring on Duff. HE decides to sign Duff in the first place!!!! These horrendous defeats are down to him and him alone!

Eh? Anderson and McNaughton wanted to try their hands in England. Heikkinen hated the city. No amount of money can solve those three reasons for leaving. JC is pointing the finger at everyone else but him. Yet he is the common denominator in ALL our defeats. HE choses the defence. HE choses the formations. HE decides to remove Walker and bring on Duff. HE decides to sign Duff in the first place!!!! These horrendous defeats are down to him and him alone!

You know that, I know that, the 500 others at Rugby Park certainly know it too.  Does JC? Do the board? Infact do the press?  It'll all be our fault again.

I wasn't a big fan of his appointment, I soon changed my mind after him taking us to 4th, 6th, and 3rd.  So far this season I've defended him all the way, I even had an argument with Jutes about it during half time in Munich.  However my patience is now running thin.

I reckon we should give him until the end of the season, see how next season starts, and take it from there.

I wasn't a big fan of his appointment, I soon changed my mind after him taking us to 4th, 6th, and 3rd.  So far this season I've defended him all the way, I even had an argument with Jutes about it during half time in Munich.  However my patience is now running thin.

I reckon we should give him until the end of the season, see how next season starts, and take it from there.

I spoke to you in Munich during the game?? I was capable of speech during the game??

As for the poll above I have voted for let him see out his contract as we cannot afford to sack him or his hangers on so we are stuck with him. Only hope of him going before that is some other club coming in for him.

I spoke to you in Munich during the game?? I was capable of speech during the game??

As for the poll above I have voted for let him see out his contract as we cannot afford to sack him or his hangers on so we are stuck with him. Only hope of him going before that is some other club coming in for him.

Yes you managed a couple of conversations!  You also slapped me every 10 minutes with your prgram  :-\

one option that is missing would be "Gardening Leave"

basically keep paying him his salary - but remove him from the position of manager (ala Gretna and the alexander/irons situation)

advantages would be - no large lump sum payout, and jimmy would really be forced to find another job (and then get off the wage bill - or risk 3 years out of the game and have no reputation at the end of it.

And if he tried a stunt like rowan alexander - his reputation would end up in the bin too!

So Gardening Leave gets my vote {although in know that in reality it would be suntanning in magaluf leave}

Absolutely. No matter how bad things are domestically at the moment Calderwood took his team in to Europe and exceeded expectation on that front. There is no way the board are going to sack him.

What the kneejerkeers don't seem to understand is, we were mere points off of 3rd place behind Motherwell who were playing well.  Then someone, who isn't JC, decided to sell off some first team regulars at the last minute and expected him to rebuild the squad with fresh air.

Given the choice and backing I'd have fully expected JC to buy in players to challenge the likes of Clark.  Instead he loses Clark and has to replace him with, well, nobody.

He's going to get the opportunity to strengthen the squad but not until the summer.  Until then, we the fans, have been short changed by half a season.

For me, this season is over bar the sweetie wrappers.

I wouldn't say it's quite over for me yet.

A wee challenge to make the top 6, not what we'd hoped to be challenging for at this stage but shit happens. If we secure the top 6 then i think from 3rd-6th will be quite close together anyway and the team who is on form after the split will take Europe.

Also still in the cup which has a LOT of shite teams still in it. Yes, we have Celtic, but that's maybe the motivation we need instead of letting teams like United take the piss out of us in semi finals.

We need to pull our fingers out NOW, and hopefully a win on Wednesday will kick start the season again.

Absolutely. No matter how bad things are domestically at the moment Calderwood took his team in to Europe and exceeded expectation on that front. There is no way the board are going to sack him.

The only way they will sack him if is the attendance drops to a point which makes it more economical to sack him rather to continue with the poor crowds. That is why I have quit going for the rest of the season (well I say that for the third time  :thumbsup:)

The other option is if they can sack him for gross misconduct and dont have to pay him compensation. You could try sneaking Dan Smith into the back pocket of his troosers and claim he was trying to steal him when he heads back hame one night.

The only way they will sack him if is the attendance drops to a point which makes it more economical to sack him rather to continue with the poor crowds. That is why I have quit going for the rest of the season (well I say that for the third time  :thumbsup:)

The other option is if they can sack him for gross misconduct and dont have to pay him compensation. You could try sneaking Dan Smith into the back pocket of his troosers and claim he was trying to steal him when he heads back hame one night.

::)

Dinna be stupid min.

;)

one option that is missing would be "Gardening Leave"

basically keep paying him his salary - but remove him from the position of manager (ala Gretna and the alexander/irons situation)

advantages would be - no large lump sum payout, and jimmy would really be forced to find another job (and then get off the wage bill - or risk 3 years out of the game and have no reputation at the end of it.

And if he tried a stunt like rowan alexander - his reputation would end up in the bin too!

So Gardening Leave gets my vote {although in know that in reality it would be suntanning in magaluf leave}

He's unable to look for a job if he's on gardening leave. We'd also have to pay someone else the managers salary as well as JC's. All seems rather pointless to me.

::)

Dinna be stupid min.

;)

Hello min  :wave:

He's unable to look for a job if he's on gardening leave. We'd also have to pay someone else the managers salary as well as JC's. All seems rather pointless to me.

The other option is (stealing fae the boy on abz mad) hire a hitman! Far Nigel Pepper when you need him  ???