Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons - Siroki Brijeg (Thursday) 19:45

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd presume Wright was named as a sub as he needs to declare a full squad and has not much players available.

Wright has had 0 minutes so far this summer.

For what it's worth I'd also rather see Wright play and get a game regularly as with lots of young players.  They need the experience.  However, it's clear our manager is not a fan of youngsters being played - full stop.  Wright will probably go out on loan when Maloney comes in.

YAS!! I land in Cyprus on the 2nd...

Assume 2nd leg is the 3rd?

As things stand just now it would be the 3rd August, however any changes to dates, switches of venues etc will be announced by 6.30pm tonight.

Now I might be wrong here but I think one of the teams they ground share with is also in the competition ???

Actually to answer my own question AEL Limassol are in competiton because they played the mob that beat Scotland's newest representatives and have been drawn away first leg as well if they get through meaning one of the games is going to either be switched or have a date change.

Yes. AEL and Apollon dislike each a lot.  We would be able to use the AEL fans bar in the city centre in Limassol, they'd probably make Dons fans welcome. It's pretty much next to all other bars anyway.

Although on the walk to the ground Dons fans would have to walk past Apollon fan bar which is not far from the stadium.

As the stadium has one side blue/yellow and one side blue/white (Apollon) we will be in the blue / yellow sector i.e. AEL area.

Austria Wien state on its website likely to change fixture dates and they play AEL.

Lots of third round talk but next week will be a real struggle. They looked so much sharper than us, fitter, much better passing and connecting, and missed chances in a game they arguably should have won. Thought they were the better team away from home and we go to their place, travel, and play in an oven. Ugggg.

Can we do enough in training in a week to fix this??

1st half was ok.

2nd half awful.

We have been extremely lucky v Shkendija + Fola. 

Fear we are out.

Hemmin, you're a right cheery bugger.

Thought the game clearly illustrated how much defending Hayes and McGinn did for us down the flanks - we were wide open at times.  Hopefully McInnes gets the new recruits schooled in their extra duties before next week.

Hemmin, you're a right cheery bugger.

Thought the game clearly illustrated how much defending Hayes and McGinn did for us down the flanks - we were wide open at times.  Hopefully McInnes gets the new recruits schooled in their extra duties before next week.

I said this yesterday, exposed big time in the spaces ahead of the fullbacks. Think this is a big fitness issue as well as understanding their role - Stewart and Wright aren't fit, I'll give GMS the benefit of the doubt having never practiced with us (plus he's not fully match fit). Christie had a very good game but I don't recall him defending. Hayes and McGinn knew their roles and were very fit.

Rethinking my line up for next week. I'd be really tempted to put Shinnie at left mid - he'll get back and has the engine to push forward - and have a central 3 of Tansey, Christie, and McLean. As much as Kenny didn't play particularly well yesterday I'm a realist and he's not getting dropped.

Were they ripping our defence apart though?

From what I saw in the highlights, their attacks were still covered by our defence and I think we have enough atm to beat them.

I honestly think Maynard is a threat to them.

COYR

We can do this then be fit enough to go into the next round against beatable opposition with confidence.

DM will sort this out so don't worry guys.

8)

Apollon is playing some UEFA games currently in Larnaca in the newer AEK stadium although AEL will play in Limassol. It's likely that we will be playing in Larnaca if we get through which is a shame as Limassol is nicer but 75km away. 

Alternatively, Apollon might decide to play us at Anorthosis Famagusta also Larnaca ground which is bigger.