Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons - Siroki Brijeg (Thursday) 19:45

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very disappointing performance overall. Thought Christie was excellent going forward but never tracked back enough to provide defensive cover which left Considine exposed and Siroki tried to exploit that for most of the game. Not impressed by Mackay Stevens last night. Lots of pace but no end product. Thought Stewart looked decent when he came on and maybe should have started. When is McInnes going to realise Rooney is a not a winger. Just play him through the middle and let him do what he does best score goals. Thought Maynard looked like a striker who has only scored 8 goals in last 2 seasons. Not impressed. Not sure what we were doing constantly kicking the ball long into right hand corner last night. What ever it was it didn't work and by passed our midfield. Siroki looked organised and fit but no more than that. However they did clock early on how weak the ref was and exploited that to break up play. They would have Elbows red carded in minutes if he plays next week.

The tactics is Lewis kicks ball to Considine who heads on. 

3rd Round Draw we will face potentially:

Gent (BEL) coefficient 35.480

Sparta Praha (CZE) 48.135

Astra Giurgiu (ROU) or Zirë (AZE) 17.870

Everton (ENG) 29.192

Marítimo (POR) 14.866

Apollon Limassol (CYP) or Zaria Balti (MDA) 10.710

IF and a big if, we get through then obviously thel owest ranked team would be probably be best option.

From glamour point of view then Everton it is please.

From drinking point of view then Sparta or Gent

Take it the draw is live on UEFA web site

Right, are you waiting for this?

Christie was man of the match by a mile.

Pity he's a Celtic player.

Back to normal mode.

McLean is a fuckin fanny, every fuckin touch resulted in someone else having to clear up the mess.

Rooney woeful but really doesn't need to be put out wide.

If he is going to be taken out of the strikers position then just take him off.

Not impressed with GMS but early days.

Nice to be back to the fitba though, 2-2 over there.

What's glamorous about fuckin Everton?

How the hell do they pick these groups out, what's wrong with everybody just going into the hat?

DD you and I are old school and fondly remember the good old days when abody just got chucked in the hat and drawn out...none of this seeding pish.

However we all know tv money dictates football nowadays and we ain't going back to the old days. It is the TV money that a tie against an EPL side in Europe throws up that this makes potentially a glamorous tie.

Softening your approach to Christie yet  ???

I have nothing against Everton, don't see them as glamorous though.

Imagine coming from Liverpool.......shame.

Let's get them in the group stages instead.

Actually, let's just get through this round and take the tie we are given.

Al, I can't see any sense or reason in this group whatsoever.

I have nothing against Everton, don't see them as glamorous though.

Al, I can't see any sense or reason in this group whatsoever.

Can't disagree with your comment.

Can anyone actually explain how they come up with these groupings  ???

Ok few points.

1. What does it take to let Wright have a fucking game?.hes lively and ipens gaps up in defence every time ive seen him play.

2.DD u hate Christie yer u welcomed GMS.isnt he from Celtic? Lol

3.id drop Rooney and get him on at 70mins.far more in 20 mins than 90.get Maynard on for 70.he was unlucky last night and just needs sharpening up but the point is..he got into those positions well from what i saw. Thats instinct  :thumbsup:

4.drop mclean if he was that shite. DM is far too loyal.if u play that bad ur dropped.simple.

5. I think we will beat them next week.they didnt have that much up front by the looks of it and it was a stonewall penalty. Rules are rules

Can't disagree with your comment.

Can anyone actually explain how they come up with these groupings  ???

UEFA competition at every level is set up to favour strongest teams, from the more successful countries, getting through.

Unfortunately, the bigger nations hold a lot of political clout when it comes to UEFA competition and given influence of important financial partners i.e. business wants to see big boys getting through, then draw is based on the coefficient of club/nation.

It's a branded competition with big money available and huge financial pots of money from sponsors. 

However, the groups are randomly created ensuring an effective mix of teams at lower and higher end of coefficient hence Gent 45. and Apollon 10 - see www.uefa.com

Obviously, there are a lot of Aberdeen fans think every draw is rigged in favour against us and every draw is biased towards Celtic and Rangers (I know this as I met some of them last night in the pub) but its a fair draw with range of potential fixtures.

No No No

I don't hate Christie, I hate borrowing him from Celtic.

By going cap in hand to a team in our own league asking for a shottie of one of their players we are admitting our inferiority.

Also ........ach I've been over all this.

No No No

I don't hate Christie, I hate borrowing him from Celtic.

By going cap in hand to a team in our own league asking for a shottie of one of their players we are admitting our inferiority.

Also ........ach I've been over all this.

You'd think you'd be long enough in the tooth to know that Celtic are miles bigger than us as a club???  It's not a question of inferiority begging for players its just that they are miles bigger a club with a huge squad.  It would be rather foolish of our manager to not get v.good loan players in from most the successful team.

What do you think McInnes would think about your attitude towards Christie - clearly the best player now in the squad? What would he say to you?

He'd say "Hiya Donsdaft min"

However he wouldn't give a toss about what my attitude is to anything he decides.

I've had my little protest by refusing to watch the team with Christie in it from Xmas until last night.

I'm still very much of the opinion that by allowing loans between clubs in the same division we are turning the SPL ( or whatever the fuck it's called now) into a nursery ground for the big club.

Let's say you live in Dingwall and your son is a pretty handy wee player.

Ross County have helped nurture him from an early age.

Normally, if Celtic come calling, you would be mightily impressed but worried just what sort of chance your loon is ever going to get to play 1st team football.

You MIGHT advise your son to accept his home towns offer, get some first team games in, then if he's good enough Celtic will come calling again.

However

If Celtic come calling and immediately say that if he signs they will farm him out to Ross County anyway, your decision is made for you.

Not good for Scottish football in my opinion.