Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons - Siroki Brijeg (Thursday) 19:45

First game of the new season, and club have announced that over 11,000 tickets have been sold for it so far.  I’d hope we’d be pushing for the 15,000 come the game at least.

Haven’t watched any of the pre-season games but i'd imagine most of the positions pick themselves. Presume it might be the following?

Lewis

Logan / AOC / Reynolds / Consi

Tansey

Shinnie /  McLean

Christie

Rooney / Stewart?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably wouldn't argue with your team selection.

Guess it does pick itself given Stockley's suspension, as only change to that might have been him in place of Rooney.

However McInnes might just fancy throwing in Maynard as he will be a complete unknown entity to the Bosnians as well as our support  :dunno:

Out

Work

Picking up a stream if available (anyone please feel free to point me in right direction)

Bed

3-0 ( Stewart, Tansey & Rooney (pen)), although no necessarily in that order.

Would expect the team to be:

Lewis

Logan O'Connor Reynolds Consi

Shinnie Tansey

Christie McLean Stewart

Rooney

Which isn't bad at all, I reckon Christie could be more useful than McGinn, although Stewart not as good as Hayes, so we're probably about as strong in the front four as last season as things stand.

Still to decide if heading up to this but probably will. Assuming Wright is still injured would probably go with the team set out by wee toon. Team looked in good shape physically at the friendly against St Johnstone and will hopefully not be caught cold like teams were last week. Would like to see us finishing the tie in the home leg.

Fuck it In

Travelling up to game

Y

Travelling back

3-0 Rooney x2 McLean

Someone claiming we've shifted 17k tickets for tonight.  If that's true, that is incredible given the figures at the start of the week :thumbsup:

In/out: out

Prematch: work

match: home, hopefully watching a stream

post-match: bed

Prediction:  2-0 dons, Logan and MacKay-Stevens

Just back from Pittodrie, picking up my tickets. Guy reckoned they'll sell around 16K. Pretty decent given zero away support. First time I've seen the new away kit too. Not as shite as I first thought.

Pretty shite. I doubt any of you affluent Donstalkers would ever lower yourselves to shopping at Home Bargains. Obviously I don't either but I, er, heard that the new Dons away top and their uniform are almost fucking identical.

New Dons away kit:

Uniform-home-bargains.jpg

Home Bargains staff uniform:

aberdeen-17-18%2B%25286%2529.jpg