🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Tonights tipple

manc_don

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Dry night for me tonight. Was out last night celebrating koningsdag at the Dutch pub in China town last night. Felt like death all day!

Dry "tonight"? Pet subject of mine this.

This week I was AFD Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. AFD = Alcohol Free Day's.

I was a state on Wednesday though. I can spik shite for a living, which will be a surprise to some of you but by fuck I gave it laldy on the phone to my mates and trusted clients that night.

In 1980, I got a cold or flu or something and as I was lying in my bed like the whiter piner that I was, realised that December 9th was my first day without alcohol that year. For some reason December 18 was my second AFD of that year but with a grandfather dying an alcoholic, it alerted me to the dangers of habit.

In our first 12 months in Oz, my wife and I imbibed every single day. Ok, it was a bottle of wine between us most nights (to go with something else) but we wised up after then and deliberately engineered AFD's into our repertoire after that. Habit can be a killer. Discipline is a saviour.

Having some Bordeaux the noo after 4 pints in my local. Will be mashed by 10!

" Fit  you drinking the night crazz ? Funny you ask !

I'm having a couple of glasses of Pinot Grigio , oh are you ? yes.

Then I'm having a couple of Jack & Gingers.

Oh Jack & Gingers , lovely  ! is it your Birthday Crazz ?

Funny you should ask , as it happens it is .

What did you get for your birthday Crazz

Thanks for asking.

Like My good wife on her birthday back on the last St Johnston home game when she fell down a couple of steps and broke her ankle!! I fell down the stairs in the house (not pished I hasten to add) and  bye fcuk nearly break both legs  !!

Mega bruising coming through now  and sare as fcuk

Fukc sake Crazz you gype  Happy birthday.     

Ald Cnut

Happy birthday  :thumbsup:

Ah rocket, just didn't fancy it tonight. Will be back on the bevvy tomorrow night.

I've had plenty of Fridays and Saturdays AFD. Your body tells you. Temple and all that.

It's not important in the overall scheme of things. Apart from for the indisciplined losers who never reach their potential by reason of succumbing to taking too much of the grape and the barley.

There are times I miss a nice glass of wine, a good pint or a dram of malt (Glenfaclas or Lagavuillin depending on mood)

However, I know these days that one leads to two leads to too many which is why I had to stop (took some doing, lot of help from family friends, rehab and AA) At least I haven't done any lasting damage health-wise  ;D

I'm nae here to be holier-than-thou, enjoy yer drinks lads and lassies  :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...