Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Loan Signings

Can I ask what is it with all the loan signings this season?  Who was the last person to join us on these type of terms?  I can`t remember having one guy on loan never mind three in the same campaign in my 17 years as a Dandy.

I`m not doubting Maybury, Walker or Aluko are worth their places at the club but does this reflect the way we ight go in the future for new captures?  You know quantity not quality?

SeeBass 

Fuckin hate loan signings. If they're shite, we tend to sign them. If they're any good for us we get told by the owner club that the player is a "valuable part of the future of the club" and we cannae sign him

... either that or friggin Preston offer sixteen times the wages that we can.

Can I ask what is it with all the loan signings this season?  Who was the last person to join us on these type of terms?  I can`t remember having one guy on loan never mind three in the same campaign in my 17 years as a Dandy.

I`m not doubting Maybury, Walker or Aluko are worth their places at the club but does this reflect the way we ight go in the future for new captures?  You know quantity not quality?

SeeBass 

Maybury, Walker and Aluko all had great games last night.

Maybury we might be able to get on a permanent deal.

Walker we might be able to extend his loan into next season.

Aluko's probably raised his profile too much and I would be amazed if he were still here beyond the end of the season.

I think Free & Loan players to the club have caused all the unrest & disputes about wages,players  on free.s can negotiate a better  weekly wage if no trasfer fee is paid to previous club ,Hart & Clarkie couldna accept this and left.and i think more will be going come May .

Aluko's probably raised his profile too much and I would be amazed if he were still here beyond the end of the season.

It wouldnt surprise me if McLeish recalled him today, given he was at the game yesterday!

Alternatively, the Birmingham/Boro might decide that a another full season (hopefully playing in european competition) will aid their development...

these sorts of players tend to go two ways - they either make it big at their respective clubs or the loan ends and they get sold.

Here's hoping that they or similar are at AFC next season :fingerscrossed:

I think Free & Loan players to the club have caused all the unrest & disputes about wages,players  on free.s can negotiate a better  weekly wage if no trasfer fee is paid to previous club ,Hart & Clarkie couldna accept this and left.and i think more will be going come May .

Look Barry, just sign yer feckin contract and stop yer whining!

;)