Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Celeb Deaths

fatjim

I can remember when celeb-deathing was an honourable sport, when players respected their oponents and the officials. It's every man for himself these days, win at all cost.

Mercenaries are ruining the beautiful game.

• 2 weeks later...

Slipknot bassist Paul Gray just pegged it

Apparenlty Slipknot are now being referred to as a 'Legendary' US Metal Band

Never understood Slipknot myself. Always found them horrible in every single way that I can think of.

How would you rather they were referred to? French Symphonic Orchestra Slipknot  ???

I would prefer people think before they used the terms 'legend', & 'legendary'

AC/DC, Rolling Stones, Black sabbath can all be described as legendary. Bunch of cunts in boilersuits and masks cannot

They should never be directly referred to nor allowed out in public unless it's for a gig.

Sting and Gene Simmons only get to be celebs because they were singers. Nicky Wire wrote a lot of lyrics so he gets dispensation also...for now.

Phil Lynott?

Phil Lynott?

If they are the singer it doesn't count. In that situation they're only playing bass so that they aren't standing at a mic wi nothin to make phallic gestures with AND to everyone's benefit the band doesn't need to have an out and out bass player.

Slike the sex pistols without sid vicious were nothin special and sid couldn't even really play bass. He was a celeb for his personality and image. The bass was just an unfortunate add on.

Bass players are the ones who tag along wi rockstars getting groupies left right and centre without actually doing anything. Bastards.