Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Match thread for Copenhagen v Atletico & Panathinaikos v Lokomotiv

So we need Panathinaikos to win or draw. If Loko win it's all over.

If Pana win/draw and Atleti win then any sort of win over Copenhagen will do

If Pana win/draw and Atleti-Copenhagen draw then we need to beat Copenhagen by 3 goals

If Pana win/draw and Copenhagen win then we need to beat Copenhagen and hope Panathinaikos beat Atleti (with some additional goals to bring the goal difference round)

Is this correct?

Guest Nellie The Don

So we need Panathinaikos to win or draw. If Loko win it's all over.

If Pana win/draw and Atleti win then any sort of win over Copenhagen will do

If Pana win/draw and Atleti-Copenhagen draw then we need to beat Copenhagen by 3 goals

If Pana win/draw and Copenhagen win then we need to beat Copenhagen and hope Panathinaikos beat Atleti (with some additional goals to bring the goal difference round)

Is this correct?

Does it go straight to goal difference after points, or is it the individual result between the teams?

If the latter, then any win over copenhagen would do in the highlighted scenario.

True, I'm not sure if it's GD or head-to-head. Will have a look.

Edit: It's goal difference:

If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of all the group

matches, the following criteria will be applied to determine the rankings:

a) superior goal difference from all group matches played;

b) higher number of goals scored;

c) higher number of goals scored away;

d) higher number of wins;

e) higher number of away wins;

f) higher number of coefficient points accumulated by the club in question,

as well as its association, over the previous five seasons

I asked this on an inferior website a few days ago and someone said it was GD before head to head.

That must be a banning offence.

I never actually realised it was this week for these games.

I really hope standing in an exposed section of Pittodrie five days before Christmas is going to be meaningful......

I didn't realise these games were tonight either, fantastic.  The results we need are not all that unlikely really, wouldn't the Copenhagen game on the 20th be fantastic if we could still be in with a shout of qualification?

Hope, hope, hope.  :AFC2:

Apparently they're being shown on a well known medical website.

Has anyone used it?

Any problems when you have to download the wee bit of software eg viruses or spyware?

My computers fairly new so a bit wairy.

Not had any problems with viruses or spyware. Only problem for me was that if it's a game which is being broadcast through Sopcast, I couldn't find what channel it was on. Most of the games use the TVU download and that works perfectly.

I'm a tad worried about Copo, I think they are a much better team that people think. Wasn't all that impressed with Atletico either so thats the game to worry about for me.

Copenhagen looked a very useful side away to Loko. I watched that on the aforementioned website. That prick of a captain of Loko's was sent off, and some of the tackles Loko were putting in were awful. One of which was so bad I'm sure the Copenhagen boy must have a broken ankle.

But, as good as Copenhagen looked in that game, all their good work was done outside the area.

I'm a tad worried about Copo, I think they are a much better team that people think. Wasn't all that impressed with Atletico either so thats the game to worry about for me.

Agree that the Danes may be a better side than people think, though to be fair, that's really only based on them beating Moscow, which from having watched the brief highlights, was a game that the Russians could easily have won, and bear in mind Copo's goal came from a penalty.

As for the second point, I don't know how much of that was maybe down to Madrid underestimating us/playing within themselves, combined with the fact they were on their own patch leading to complacency

I suspect they will have a full team out for what will be viewed as a tough away tie, and will go about the task properly. At least I hope that's what'll happen anyway.

Agree that the Danes may be a better side than people think, though to be fair, that's really only based on them beating Moscow, which from having watched the brief highlights, was a game that the Russians could easily have won, and bear in mind Copo's goal came from a penalty.

As for the second point, I don't know how much of that was maybe down to Madrid underestimating us/playing within themselves, combined with the fact they were on their own patch leading to complacency

I suspect they will have a full team out for what will be viewed as a tough away tie, and will go about the task properly. At least I hope that's what'll happen anyway.

Well you've talked me round brother, bring on the freezing night in Pittodrie  :thumbsup: