Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a shite state of affairs when Oxford can be, potentially, financially more lucrative than the team that's second in the top Scottish League.

Maybe he just fancies a change of scene. Everyone seems to ignore this when talking about footballers. It'd be no different to me fancying a job abroad. The financial gain will be minimal I expect, but I suspect Oxford is a nice place to live. If only there was a poster on here that could confirm...

Maybe he just fancies a change of scene. Everyone seems to ignore this when talking about footballers. It'd be no different to me fancying a job abroad. The financial gain will be minimal I expect, but I suspect Oxford is a nice place to live. If only there was a poster on here that could confirm...

Oxford is lovely, i still think the new Pittodrie should be moved here ;)

The general view here seems to be that the McGinn rumour is pish, although it would give me a reason to go watch football here.

Whilst it's not been confirmed, I said weeks ago he's probably already made his mind up. Same applied to Jack & Taylor.

I'm rather excited to see how McInnes replaces these players, all key members of the first team squad. O'Connor is a ready made replacement for either Taylor or Jack, more likely Taylor though, would be chuffed going back to a CB pairing of O'Connor & Considine.

Would like to see Michael Devlin at Hamilton signed. In terms of Jack, I would actually take Abdul Osman at Partick Thistle, big physical holding midfielder.

No idea who I would like to see replace McGinn, we won't give Scott Wright or Frank Ross the opportunity, so maybe a season long loan from an English team for one of their fringe wingers? Fuck knows, time will tell.

im sad to hear that nialls leaving, he never did repeat the 20+ goals in his first season but he was great player non the less, i think we should give Scotty Wright a run or Frank Ross, if not then why not try looking abroad for a player like norway or holland..

Also if jack does go then why dont we try get Frazer Fyvie back!! ive always liked him, and Taylor im nae sure if o'conner can replace.

Looks like McGinn is off, McInnes has been quoted as saying so anyway.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/aberdeen-mcinnes-mcginn-jack-taylor-tansey/?utm_content=bufferf7929&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Derek McInnes has indicating one of his key players is nearing a Pittodrie exit while praising pre-contract signing Greg Tansey.

The Dons are bracing for life without Northern Ireland dynamo Niall McGinn, who McInnes says is drawing English Championship interest.

The manager also confirmed captain Ryan Jack and centre-back Ash Taylor have requested more time to consider their futures.

Speculation has intensified over the future of playmaker McGinn in recent days, with Bolton rumoured to be a possible destination.

And McInnes now seems to resigned to a future without the 29-year-old, admitting “it looks like Niall may be moving on.”

The attacker has scored 12 goals this season and has been an integral part of McInnes’ Pittodrie revival.

As a possible move to offset the loss of the Northern Irishman, the club have confirmed the pre-contract signing of Tansey.

The Inverness midfielder’s arrival was announced this morning and he is set to join the Dons on June 9.

The 28-year-old has long been on the Dons radar, with McInnes adding he was delighted to have completed a deal.

The Aberdeen manager added: “He’s a player I’ve admired for a long time. He’s a brilliant signing.”

McInnes also said there have been no new developments on the futures of Jack and Taylor.

The pair have both been linked with exits as their contracts run down but the manager said they are just staying in a holding pattern right now.

“Ryan and Ash have asked for a little more time” was his response to questions on the duo’s contract renewal talks.

Ahead of tomorrow’s game against Dundee, Aberdeen will be without Jayden Stockley, due to suspension, and Mark Reynolds who is recovering from a hernia problem.

Here's hoping a little more time leaves Jack set on staying.

As for Taylor, well ...  :wave:

On the BBC site now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39445213

Damn, i was hoping this was a standard "SunSport understands", like these previous understandings:

DEREK MC-IN QPR next manager: Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes a shock contender for Loftus Road club

SunSport understands the Championship outfit have been impressed by his work at Pittodrie

Kenny Miller’s Rangers future hanging in the balance as club put talks over new contract on hold

SunSport understands that Hibs and Aberdeen are just two of the clubs now monitoring Miller’s situation.

Norwich star James Maddison is on his way back to Aberdeen

ABERDEEN are set to be given the green light to take attacker James Maddison back on loan. SunSport understands a deal for the 20-year-old to return to Pittodrie will be completed by the time the Premiership campaign resumes after the three week winter.

Well, this is going to be a big test for McInnes this summer then - first key player lost since... Anderson?  Robson?

I'm amazed he's managed to keep the core of our original 2013 team (McGinn, Jack, Hayes, Rooney, Considine, Logan*) together for so long to be honest, it was inevitable we would lose someone eventually, i just hoped it would be at retirement age again  ;)

(* i'd include Reynolds in there except we may not have lost the man but we do seem to have lost the player.  Flood, Pawlett and Langfield weren't key by the time they left)

McGinn is the one player I do feel we have to spend to replace. At our best Hayes and McGinn run riot from wide areas and that's what makes us good, we can smash you from either wing and this will be a loss. Any recommendations on a replacement??

Jack? Fucking hell, you're either really fond of O'Connor or really hate Jack. He'd be a terrible replacement for Jack.

I disagree ( obviously  :laughing: )

O'Connor is a pretty steady player, shown time and again he can pass the ball, shown he can win tackles & generally brings the same composure that Jack does. I agree with Manc's statement there about him being a bit slow, but he's a sitting midfielder, he just needs to protect the back four, something he'd do at a canter. When I said about him being ready made, I never specifically meant he's as talented a player as Jack, but he does the basics that Jack does.

It's irrelevant now anyway, as Tansey will be his replacement.

If I recall O'Connor started in midfield here and that's why he was signed but was absolutely gash. Really struggled for pace in midfield and got caught out of position. He played there early season when our form was inconsistent to say the least. Shinnie became a permanent midfielder and O'Connor then got moved to central defense and our form improved. He was then the scapegoat for the cup final and hasn't been seen much since. Just my opinion but I don't see him as a midfielder at all.

if we can get a replacement in that actually plays against the celtric then who cares if McGinn leaves. i have posted up numerous times that guy would never really try against them.

Yet he will play against hearts/huns.  :dunno: funny that.

It's true that McGinn hasn't had an outstanding game against Celtic of late, but then, who has for us? I don't quite get why he's the one who is singled out for this particular slight.

McGinn is our best player and that we've managed to hold on to him for as long as we have is surprising.  When McGinn is on it, we look like a team who will steamroller the opposition.  This will be where McInnes has to really earn his money, McGinn will be the biggest loss we've had in years in my opinion, but at least the "doesn't play against Celtic" crew will be happy.  Every cloud, and all that...

It's true that McGinn hasn't had an outstanding game against Celtic of late, but then, who has for us? I don't quite get why he's the one who is singled out for this particular slight.

McGinn is our best player and that we've managed to hold on to him for as long as we have is surprising.  When McGinn is on it, we look like a team who will steamroller the opposition.  This will be where McInnes has to really earn his money, McGinn will be the biggest loss we've had in years in my opinion, but at least the "doesn't play against Celtic" crew will be happy.  Every cloud, and all that...

Pretty much sums up my view on it too BB.  I'm hopeful and intrigued to see how we resolve this problem, McGinn's don't come around very often.  We've been fortunate to have him as long as we have, shame on Aberdeen for not having more available women, allegedly, bloody brexit  :D

A lot of folk are raving about Scott Wright but i've certainly not seen anywhere enough of him to make any sort of informed call.  I just hope McGinn helps us seal 2nd spot and win that trophy that has been eluding us for so long.

Hits the nail on the head for me.  :thumbsup:

Gutted but not surprised, at least he's not going to fucking hearts! All the best Niall and thank you so very very much for the memories.

MacKay Steven might be on the radar as a replacement but i would personally like to see youth given the chance

Gutted but not surprised, at least he's not going to fucking hearts! All the best Niall and thank you so very very much for the memories.

MacKay Steven might be on the radar as a replacement but i would personally like to see youth given the chance

Hits the nail on the head for me  :thumbsup: