Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alternatively he'll sign on with the minimum of fuss and we'll punt him to the first party that offers £250k with the cash being utilised to reduce long term debt. ::)

MBT.....not the only one who has got the first correct, just hope the second part of mine doesn't come true.

I was in a customer meeting in the Weeg when I got the text, and let out a very loud YES

Some guy who claims he follows the howkers, says in response, is he the boy that Celtic let go. Just goes to show how current he actually is on Scottish football. ::)

Disappointing comment IMHO.  What about a new top class keeper?

Think he's maybe just emphasising the importance of McGinn committing his future to the club rather than saying "Don't get your hopes up for any more decent signings".

Hope so anyway!

• 3 years later...

Not bothering starting a new topic on this one but the P&J reporting that he's going to sign a new deal.  Would be delighted if this is the case.  :thumbsup:

Aberdeen midfielder Niall McGinn is ready to commit his future to the club.

The Northern Ireland international is out of contract at the end of the season but is ready to begin talks about a new deal after expressing his desire to stay at Pittodrie.

McGinn, who scored his club’s first league goal of the season in their 2-1 win against Partick Thistle on Saturday, is in no rush to leave Pittodrie.

He said: “I spoke to the manager before the Euros but I wanted to get that out of the way and the European games done and the season up and running first. I am sure we will get something sorted out soon.

“I’m in the last year of my contract but I’ve enjoyed my time here and long may it continue. I’m close to 60 goals here and I want to keep plugging away and score a few more.”

The former Celtic midfielder showed his value to the club with a fine free kick to open the scoring against the Jags and hopes his goal will earn him another chance at free kicks on a regular basis.

He said: “I was working on my free kicks during the week. Peter Pawlett felt confident he could hit the target and score but he was unlucky with his effort. When the second one came up I wanted to have a go and I was delighted to see it hit the back of the net. Hopefully, that’s me on free kicks for another week at least.

“We’ve been working on things such as working a better angle to get a cross. We could have got a few more goals which would have meant not inviting pressure on us towards the end, but we got two goals which was good.”

The win sets the Dons up nicely for a Parkhead test on Saturday when they face champions Celtic for the first time this season.

McGinn believes it is a game his side can face with confidence.

He said: “We’ve shown over the last couple of seasons we’re more capable of beating Celtic. They’ve strengthened and have brought in a great manager and we are under no illusions as to how difficult it will be. But it’s nice for us and we will be confident against them.

“We’ve got experience from the European games which will help us at Parkhead. It will be a tough game but one we are looking forward to. Since I arrived we have improved massively every year and we want to maintain that consistency on the pitch.”

Just catching up on this news. It's a shame he didn't turn up against the Tims but I'm very happy that he looks to be staying on.

In a game where the team spirit to win the game didn't turn up, it's harsh to single out him. He at least created the opportunity which led to our goal. Even if his slow turn embarrassed the defence.

That's just it. Celtic are shit. We are shitter.

• 4 months later...

With Niall now having scored 4 in his last two games, it's going to be interesting to see how he performs against the dhims on Wed....

I've no shame in admitting that i have accused him of not putting in 100% against them in the past, so i'd love for him to stuff my words down my throat.

C'mon min, keep up the good work against those horrible bastards!  :thumbsup:

I dont wanna take any credit for this but....

Im the new burd he met and I took one for the boys.

Thank me later.

P.s. loving the new tits

Message board rules dictate that any mention of 'burds' must be accompanied with a photo! Get it up!

And new tits, eh? Simmies could be heading your way.  ;D

• 2 weeks later...