Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

january transfer window 2013

Aberdeen veteran Gavin Rae is hoping for a new deal at Pittodrie and for manager Craig Brown to remain in charge. (Sunday Mail)

Deserves a new contract, IMHO. He's nae the fastest ... infact, he's in the running for the slowest thing on two legs. But he's got guts, determination, skill and vision, and chips in with the odd goal now and then.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deserves a new contract, IMHO. He's nae the fastest ... infact, he's in the running for the slowest thing on two legs. But he's got guts, determination, skill and vision, and chips in with the odd goal now and then.

Agreed, would love to see Milsom and Ossie sign up new contracts as well.

Think Milsom will sign, but Ossie likely to be off to the Champioship I'd imagine

Think Raes lack of pace is main reason for not giving him a new contract. Cannot fault his effort but he is clearly a couple of yards off the pace of the game. Yesterday you could see him trying to get in to postions but was always to slow to get there especially when the ball was moving forward.

Edit: Mean to say is anyone else concerned by our lack of activity in this window. Most of the teams have strengthened or at least replaced players that have left. 

Speculation that Jason Brown will be heading after the tone of his tweets.

Morning tweeps, Every day is a new beginning, take a deep breath and start again.

The fans have been great to me @snow_7 as become a special person in my life, if I could I would thank everyone

I have enjoyed my time and really believe in the potential of the club

21 year old keeper from the Italian 3rd division who (as far as I can see) has only played 7 games. If its him we are bringing in then does not look like he is here to challange for 1st team position.

But more importantly than challenging for a place in the first team we'll be able to get away with paying him in peanuts.

:hammer:

while in the middle of a european push but blatantly in need of one or two outfield reinforcements, the backing our board are giving one of the most well-respected managers in scotland is nothing short of inspirational. there must be some really top managers out there just chomping at the bit to take over when brown goes.

while in the middle of a european push but blatantly in need of one or two outfield reinforcements, the backing our board are giving one of the most well-respected managers in scotland is nothing short of inspirational. there must be some really top managers out there just chomping at the bit to take over when brown goes.

Board did back Brown last Janaury and in the summer. He spent that money on ageing cripples (McGinn and Hayes aside) and renewing the contract of two shite goalkeeprs which has left us short now. For once not the boards fault.

True enough, but i'd also argue we needed some experience in midfield.  Not sure about Naysmith mind. I won't forgive him for renewing Clangers contract though, thats definitely a black mark on his record sheet.

edit: the more and more I think about it, the more underwhelmed I get.  Am I honestly to believe that a former EPL and current wales international GK is to be replaced by some no-one on peanuts?!? FFS aberdeen, sort it fucking out.  If you're going to be this pathetic, you may as well just promote the youth keeper.  That way at least we'll be saving money.  How long does Clangers have left on his contract by the way?  It would appear that this signing would mean we are not getting anyone in the summer...or is that just me?

Jute, are you saying Brown's signings over all have been poor? If you think we're a worse team after his transfer activity then maybe that would justify the board not backing him at this crucial point - even with wages for players leaving, if not with fees received for any players to add to the wage packet.

After all, if we are to finish in the European places with the personnel we currently have it'll be a miracle. Which makes this paradoxical. If they think he's done badly then he's not good enough to back him, yet they seemingly expect him to get us into Europe. If not, they're essentially giving up on Europe.

I think his signings have improved us and he needed backing this month. If that's wrong then we're basically drifting towards the end of this season totally rudderless.

Jute, are you saying Brown's signings over all have been poor? If you think we're a worse team after his transfer activity then maybe that would justify the board not backing him at this crucial point - even with wages for players leaving, if not with fees received for any players to add to the wage packet.

After all, if we are to finish in the European places with the personnel we currently have it'll be a miracle. Which makes this paradoxical. If they think he's done badly then he's not good enough to back him, yet they seemingly expect him to get us into Europe. If not, they're essentially giving up on Europe.

I think his signings have improved us and he needed backing this month. If that's wrong then we're basically drifting towards the end of this season totally rudderless.

No just pointing out that Brown was backed and gambled on players with previous history of spells out with injury. Fact that those players are now injured means gamble has backfired but we now have no money for replacements is not the boards fault.