Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Madrid Countdown.

Well fuck me. That's awfully similar to the line up/tactics for the Celtic game. Ok, Atletico have shown they're maybe weak at the back, but they've also scored a heap of goals themselves there. Byrne's probably still in Glasgow looking for McGeady, such is the woefulness of his positional sense. Clark's like a fucking cockroach - a nuclear holocaust couldn't shift him from the team. And MacNamara? Jesus Hercules Christ. Hope he proves me wrong, but i just cannot see him being anything other than a liability tonight.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrifyingly, someone has just posted this on BNP Chat:

EE has revealed the team, nicholson did not train yesterday and looks very likely to miss out. Seve up front for a physical presence along with miller in the hope that they can hold the ball up. I can see the logic considering we may be making a lot of clearnaces rather than passes from defence, unless, foster is playing who will try and make nice wee passes across the 18 yard box. Defenders clearing their lines means that you have to have strikers who will offer a some physicality against their defenders. if you don't have the class up front, which we don't, then next best thing is to defend from the front. get it right up them!!

Back 5 of Hart, zander, touzani, considine, byrne

midfield of smith, jackie mac, dek young

miller and seve up front.

Jesus christ i hope that's a wind up. :tumbleweed:

Edit:

Oh fuck, it's true:

http://www.thisisaberdeen.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=202847&command=displayContent&sourceNode=232188&home=yes&more_nodeId1=148325&contentPK=19109431

That has to be the slowest frontline the world has ever seen... :hammer:

I can see the sense in playing Seve up front. After all, we never pass it through the midfield anyway, so why not just play 8 at the back and 2 up front...? I'm very afraid. I hope this is just Jimmy at the mind games in some vain attempt to gain some kind of advantage, and not that infamous tactical tombola returning with a vengeance....

To be fair to Miller, Touzani put him off by also attacking the ball and getting in front of him. Thought Miller had a great game.

Collectively the team must have broken a mirror as there wasn't much luck to be had and thon wee Argentinian up from was diving about all night, Hart should have stayed on his feet but the ref was a home banker.

Well played lads.

On a side note who was the BBC one presenter. By fuck he was a strange one.