Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Madrid Countdown.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be daft and I maybe stupid but I`ve went for 2-1 Dons at my local independent bookie!  Miller to score the winner sometime in the last ten minutes!  Zander if he plays to nod us in front early on!

History twenty five years on has got to repeat it`s self!

Cheers!

SeeBass

Right, from my memory, this is apparently how the herald thinks we're going to line up:

Langfield,

Diamond, Macnamamarrararara, Considine

Hart, Nicholson, severin, clark, Byrne,

Young,

Miller

Not too happy about this alleged cull of the players who haven't performed in the previous two games...

Right, from my memory, this is apparently how the herald thinks we're going to line up:

Langfield,

Diamond, Macnamamarrararara, Considine

Hart, Nicholson, severin, clark, Byrne,

Young,

Miller

Not too happy about this alleged cull of the players who haven't performed in the previous two games...

Eff Eff Ess!!

No aluko and no Jeffrey De Playboy? Might have been handy playing those two as:

A. Aluko can actually run with the ball at his feet, a whacky concept, I know, but supposedly it's what a lot of teams are trying these days.

B. JDV knows how to keep the ball and pass it and cross it. Again, a crazy concept but it may just be worth a try.

IF that line up starts tonight, it says everything about JC's friends in the team. We're going to be up against it no matter who we field tonight.

In other news, there was supposedly trouble last night in Madrid. All I can say is: Fannies.

To be honest i don't know why anyone is surprised at this line up.  The "culling" of players was never going to happen against Athletico - Calderwood was using that threat as a means to give a rocket up the arse of underperforming individuals like Severin and Clark, letting them think they might get dropped so that they really get stuck in tonight when they are given their "reprieve". 

I don't agree with it, but that's the way i read it knowing what we do about calderwoods blind loyalty with certain individuals.

De visscher and Aluko would have given very solid attacking base, but judging by that team we're already going over there to sit in, and against a team like Atletico, that's tant amount to suicide if you ask me. :

To be honest i don't know why anyone is surprised at this line up.  The "culling" of players was never going to happen against Athletico - Calderwood was using that threat as a means to give a rocket up the arse of underperforming individuals like Severin and Clark, letting them think they might get dropped so that they really get stuck in tonight when they are given their "reprieve". 

I don't agree with it, but that's the way i read it knowing what we do about calderwoods blind loyalty with certain individuals.

De visscher and Aluko would have given very solid attacking base, but judging by that team we're already going over there to sit in, and against a team like Atletico, that's tant amount to suicide if you ask me. :

Believe me, I am in no way surprised at this either. The guy is full of hot air.

Atletico have had 3 matches at home finishing 4-3 (won 2, lost 1), it shows they're weak at the back. At least give ourselves a glimmer of hope by playing guys who can get us up the park quickly and put them on the back foot. I'm in no way advocating a gun-ho approach, but with Miller as the lone front man we'll be lucky to get within 40 yards of their goal. We're on a hiding tonight.