Wednesday 19th June 2024

Euro 2024 -  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland v 🇨🇭Switzerland

kick-off 8pm

Will Brown resign?

‘Aberdeen FC players must show they are up for battle’

Craig Brown’s blast as he dismisses talk of quitting

By Charlie Allan :wave:

Published: 26/09/2011

CRAIG Brown isn’t for quitting – but today he warned some Aberdeen FC players could pay a heavy price if their results don’t improve over the next few weeks.

The Aberdeen FC manager has brushed aside any notion of walking away after a dismal start to their campaign that has seen them shamed in the League Cup by lowly East Fife and win only one of their opening nine SPL matches.

He warned some of his under-achieving players they might not be so lucky if they are still at the wrong end of the league by the time the transfer window opens in January.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Willie Miller in the papers this morning saying Brown won't be sacked.

Not sure why the Head of Youth Development is saying that, though.

Another symptom of the diseased culture at AFC plc.

The musical positions syndrome? Or perhaps the invisibly interchangeable syndrome, like we wouldn't notice. It's the same disregard for the customers that spawned shite fitba for many years and also the same place from whence the divisive PR and the insults towards the fans came.

Sandy Clark was recruited as "striker coach", so we were told. The cynics thought jobs for the boys, empire building by the fat oaf, making him feel more important. Then at the AGM when we weren't scoring goals, someone had the temerity to address Miller to ask what contribution Clark was making. The sneering contemptuous risposte by WM was unfortunate and unnecessary but the jist of it was that he wasn't the striker coach at all but the reserve team or U19 coach now. First we heard.

Another symptom of the diseased culture at AFC plc.

The musical positions syndrome? Or perhaps the invisibly interchangeable syndrome, like we wouldn't notice. It's the same disregard for the customers that spawned shite fitba for many years and also the same place from whence the divisive PR and the insults towards the fans came.

Sandy Clark was recruited as "striker coach", so we were told. The cynics thought jobs for the boys, empire building by the fat oaf, making him feel more important. Then at the AGM when we weren't scoring goals, someone had the temerity to address Miller to ask what contribution Clark was making. The sneering contemptuous risposte by WM was unfortunate and unnecessary but the jist of it was that he wasn't the striker coach at all but the reserve team or U19 coach now. First we heard.

Anyone who saw Sandy Clark play would have known that him taking a "strikers coach" position was preposterous in the extreme.

Anyone who saw Sandy Clark play would have known that him taking a "strikers coach" position was preposterous in the extreme.

His "style" of sniffing out goals being built predominantly on arse and elbows.

Which begs the question - WHY did AFC employ him instead of using the money more wisely on a footballer?

JC already had Jimmy Nic. He ended up with Clark and Leighton too. His boss's boss, SAF when he was here had Erchie Knox only and he was doing much more besides managing players - there being no DoF position - and yet Willie Miller thought it was all right to have more than twice as many in the management team including himself?

This was stupidity in the extreme and yet some couldn't see the limitations of the fat orange arsehole. Everyone in world football can see it, thus why this blustering charlatan has ended up being ended with football. When he was at AFC, we comfortably averaged five figures per home game. It was obvious that this was the first and last gig that Calderwood was ever going to get playing in front of this many customers but because of his, his successor, and his successor's successor also being inept at worst and not-the-right-man-for-the-position at best, we're no longer averaging anything like five figures.

Good management that, right the way down the line, for years and years and years, day after day after day after....

I thought Sandy Clark was always the First Team coach!?  He was believed to be focussing on the strikers but I'm pretty sure First Team Coach was his title.

But if people want to massage that for their own agenda then fair enough  :wave:

If we could actually afford a strikers coach, I'd like to see Scott Booth back.

I thought Sandy Clark was always the First Team coach!?  He was believed to be focussing on the strikers but I'm pretty sure First Team Coach was his title.

But if people want to massage that for their own agenda then fair enough  :wave:

Yep or shearer

Can't believe folk are still bumping their gums over what Sandy Clark or JC did or didn't do at the club.

Those were practically the glory years compared to the living nightmare we currently face.

Nail on head.

And for some of our younger fans, they might turn out to be THE Glory Years.  :-[

No, he was employed as a coach specifically with responsibility for working with the strikers only. Don't go throwing about accusations about agendas and unfounded misrepresentations. It's not our fault your knowledge of AFC is flawed. The first any of us heard he was "reserve team coach" (even though we don't have a reserve team) was at the AGM. The country mannie wouldn't have asked the question if he didn't know that SC was striker coach.

For the hard of understanding who reckon this is banging on about the past, some context and enlightenment:-

bb made a good point re WM's new role, supposedly

rs made the parallel with SC's changed role, another symptom of the disease at AFC

Glory Years without any form of glory?

Bizarre.

It's all relative.

If you didn't enjoy coming within a ball hair of beating Bayern Munich and Locomotiv Moscow at Pittodrie, humping Copenhagen, trips to Greece and Dnipro, partying in the squares in Madrid, standing in a sea of red at the Allianz then I'd suggest you go check for a pulse.

Of course some dour fucker will start blethering on about cup defeats but I can't say I remember too much about the games themselves.

When I think back about those years then I only tend to remember the good times.  Going a season without the Huns beating us also springs to mind.

Can't say much is jumping out at me either side of those 'glory' years.

It's all relative.

If you didn't enjoy coming within a ball hair of beating Bayern Munich and Locomotiv Moscow at Pittodrie, humping Copenhagen, trips to Greece and Dnipro, partying in the squares in Madrid, standing in a sea of red at the Allianz then I'd suggest you go check for a pulse.

Of course some dour fucker will start blethering on about cup defeats but I can't say I remember too much about the games themselves.

When I think back about those years then I only tend to remember the good times.  Going a season without the Huns beating us also springs to mind.

Can't say much is jumping out at me either side of those 'glory' years.

Pretty much my best days supporting Aberdeen tbh.

It's all relative.

You're right, it is all relative. I can remember real glory, and what you mention above doesn't come anywhere close to it.  A couple of nice trips (which would have been nice for many despite what happened on the pitch), a couple of great nights to remember at Pittodrie... I'd swap every single bit of it for a trophy. That's glory.

You're right, it is all relative. I can remember real glory, and what you mention above doesn't come anywhere close to it.  A couple of nice trips (which would have been nice for many despite what happened on the pitch), a couple of great nights to remember at Pittodrie... I'd swap every single bit of it for a trophy. That's glory.

I agree that trophies are the be all and end all, however, personally I'm in the catgory of supporters who have seen no better. My first Dons game was in the Aitken era - 'a couple of nice trips' is the best thing I've got as a Dons fan.

Sure I'd swap it for a trophy. I just hope I see us win one.  :-\

No, he was employed as a coach specifically with responsibility for working with the strikers only. Don't go throwing about accusations about agendas and unfounded misrepresentations. It's not our fault your knowledge of AFC is flawed. The first any of us heard he was "reserve team coach" (even though we don't have a reserve team) was at the AGM. The country mannie wouldn't have asked the question if he didn't know that SC was striker coach.

For the hard of understanding who reckon this is banging on about the past, some context and enlightenment:-

bb made a good point re WM's new role, supposedly

rs made the parallel with SC's changed role, another symptom of the disease at AFC

Did you see Clark's job description like? The "strikers coach" shite came from the Evening Express - Shocker! The guy at the AGM was obviously one of those idiots who believes everything the EE prints despite them having proved over decades to be absolute bullshitters.

And we did have a reserve team when Clark was here. It was the season after Calderwood left that the reserve league was scrapped.

Dinna let facts get in the way though.

Again, all relative.

I've seen us lift trophies and to be honest a bus trip down to Hampden to pick up one fleeting cup now and then wouldn't really float my boat either.

I'd prefer consistancy and nobody outside the OF has really managed seal that deal.