Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

MacNamara could leave in Jan???

YMW

Heard from a good source that Jackie MacNamara could be leaving the club in Jan, the main problem seems to be the travelling from his home near Edinburgh up to Aberdeen is pretty inconvienent and he is not willing to move up to Aberdeen on a permanant basis.

He will look for a club in the central belt and he isnt to bothered about the wages!!

This isn't great news for us as i think he has been a good addition to the squad and can play in various postions, hopefully we will make the group stages of UEFA Cup and he may change his?????

Let us get a few more notches in the W column and this should shore things up.

If the original post is correct, I really can't see that winning more games will solve anything. He's talking about moving to a club in the central belt, I don't think any of it is down to ambition - either on his part or ours - it's just geography.

Getting a few more wins on the the board would defo be a bonus, my point regarding the Uefa Cup was that hopefully if we did get to group stages, he would put any move on hold until next summer?

Do the group stages not only go up until the end of the year? In the unlikely event that we make it through to the groups, and then qualify from the group, I'm not entirely sure that would even keep him. You have to remember, McNamara has played on a much bigger stage than that.

The group stages do finish just before Xmas, my mistake! yes he has played on a bigger stage but hopefully if we did make and show abit progression in the the league and league cup he would stay until the summer, as i dont think we could get a better replacement in the January transfer window with the little funds that we will have available??

Hopefully he will stay at least until the summer as he has looked good, so far this season!

The group stages do finish just before Xmas, my mistake! yes he has played on a bigger stage but hopefully if we did make and show abit progression in the the league and league cup he would stay until the summer, as i dont think we could get a better replacement in the January transfer window with the little funds that we will have available??

Hopefully he will stay at least until the summer as he has looked good, so far this season!

Obviously hope he does stay, just not entirely optimistic about it unfortunately.

Let us get a few more notches in the W column and this should shore things up.

If the original post is correct, I really can't see that winning more games will solve anything. He's talking about moving to a club in the central belt, I don't think any of it is down to ambition - either on his part or ours - it's just geography.

I think if the location thing is what is being said, it's a smoke screen to say "I'm not used to chasing.  I don't like it.  I'm not comfortable..." so it's an excuse.

Get ourselves into the top 6 and back into contention for Europe next year; and get to the group stage of the UEFA Cup and he'll have comfort and be where he's used to being.

I think if the location thing is what is being said, it's a smoke screen to say "I'm not used to chasing.  I don't like it.  I'm not comfortable..." so it's an excuse.

Get ourselves into the top 6 and back into contention for Europe next year; and get to the group stage of the UEFA Cup and he'll have comfort and be where he's used to being.

I don't think so, Drew. He was happy enough to play for Wolves for 2 seasons where there was no chance of European football, so that can't be too big a factor at all for him.

I'm a little confused... has Aberdeen or indeed his own house moved since he signed for us resulting in the 2 being further apart??  ???

Now I'm not against players wanting to move on if their unhappy (in principle) or in the example of Brewster... but I'll be raging if Aberdeen let one of our best players move onto one of our main competitors (lets say for arguments sake Killie, Hibs or Hearts) when he's under contract! Weakening our squad & strengthening an opponents in one easy step  >:D

Forgive my scepticism, but Wolverhampton's hardly down Costorphine Road, and i do think Aberdeen's a good bit closer. It's not like he'd never been here before he signed. I'm prepared to be proved badly wrong, but i'm going to file this under P, for Pish.

I would guess he wasn't commuting from Edinburgh to Wolverhampton though...

He moved here from Wolverhampton. My question ... why the hell did he go and get a place in the central belt? If this is true, sounds to me as if he just wanted the move back to Scotland and grabbed the first club that could say yes to his wages. Now that he's here, he's engineering a move to a central belt club.

If he was serious about moving to the Dons, he'd buy a house in Banchory. Not the central belt!! Aaaaaargh, it's Craig Hignett all over again!!!

craig hignett had a house in banchory funnily enough....just a shame he had no family in it.

Fair enough jackie might want to move back to the central belt when he retires and buys some property with that in mind but surely his family should be based in the NE while he is working here. 

Hignett never even got to see his house finished, such was the speed of his return down south. My ex lived out there, and i think it was Scotty Booth that eother bought hignett's or built one right beside it.

Forgot to look up Jackie Mac's address at work yesterday, but i'm still pretty sure this rumour's pish.

To be honest what of I have seen of the guy I have not been that impressed. Legs look to have gone and he seems to struggle against anyone with pace which is a bit of a problem when your full back. Might not be a bad thing if we can rid and maybe get some cash for him.