Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

MacNamara could leave in Jan???

YMW

To be honest what of I have seen of the guy I have not been that impressed. Legs look to have gone and he seems to struggle against anyone with pace which is a bit of a problem when your full back. Might not be a bad thing if we can rid and maybe get some cash for him.

Aye, as we observed during the Killie game. Not a bad player, good passing etc. but he was soooo slow and couldn't turn.

I wouldn't be sorry to see him go, especially if we make a small pot on him. I don't think he is good enough now to spark the team, he is nothing more than a solid professional who might bring a bit of stability and experience. Thats all well and good but can we actually afford that luxury in our squad ? As has been said, he was never going to be able to play the full back role due to his age/pace so a central defensive role or a sweeper was looking like the best options. From what I have read/seen he is not much good in central defence and we don't really play the sweeper game that often. Add to that this growing concern I have about players not being all that interested in playing for aberdeen and 'engineering' moves from our platform and.........

Net result = no great shakes. If he wants to go, give him a push.

Is part of his role not to bring on our young defenders Diamond and Considine (and others) with his experience?

That being the case I'd rather see him stay a while yet.

I seem to remember Brewster being called slow and past-it.......and we were sad to see him go?

McNamara keeps getting skinned though, which is concerning.

Is part of his role not to bring on our young defenders Diamond and Considine (and others) with his experience?

That being the case I'd rather see him stay a while yet.

I seem to remember Brewster being called slow and past-it.......and we were sad to see him go?

McNamara keeps getting skinned though, which is concerning.

Not seen him in an entire match so difficult for me to judge, but do you think he's giving 100% for whatever reason?

Personally just think he is way past his best.  Main attributes were his pace and his engine and now his pace has gone and his age is catching up.  Probably not going to justify hefty wage he is getting here and next season will be even slower and legs going even more.

• 2 weeks later...