Saturday 26th October 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Dundee Utd

Redweb: Northsound 2 nets AFC commentary deal with SPL

mizer

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20110727/northsound-2-nets-afc-commentary-deal-with-spl-_2212158_2403221

Northsound 2's Superscoreboard has returned to the air for the new Clydesdale Bank Premier League season, bringing Aberdeen Football Club fans live commentary from every game, home and away.

The audience will be able to keep up with all the Dons' goals as they happen across the country, as well as inside analysis and commentary on and off the pitch.

Presenters Dave Macdermid and Steven McMenemy will be commentating on every home and away AFC match, while Gary Muircroft will host the Superscoreboard show each week with regular updates on all the action also being broadcast on Northsound 1.

Gary Muircroft, Programme Director at Northsound Radio said: "I am delighted that we have secured live Clydesdale Bank Premier League commentary on Northsound Radio for the 2011/2012 season.

"There is great optimism in the North-east for Craig Brown's Aberdeen team after his recent signings and pre-season tour. It's fantastic that Northsound listeners will have the chance to hear every kick of the ball on Northsound 2."

The commentary deal is being sponsored by Rainbow City Taxis.

Lynne Duncan, Sales and Marketing Manager at Aberdeen Football Club added: "The commentary team is already very well known to subscribers to Red TV, AFC's internet channel and, with games now being broadcast both on the internet and mainstream radio, Dons supporters throughout the world will be able to follow the action from start to finish.

"Additionally, the Northsound commentary deal significantly strengthens the partnership Northsound and AFC have enjoyed for several seasons and opens up substantial new opportunities."

Neil Doncaster, Chief Executive of the SPL said: "It is great to be announcing this commercial deal with Northsound 2.

"These deals not only drive more investment into our clubs, but also broaden the coverage of the Clydesdale Bank Premier League for fans. We look forward to working with Northsound 2 over the coming season."

Follow all the action on Northsound 2 at 1035MW or visit www.northsound2.com Superscoreboard will be live on air at 2 pm this Saturday, ahead of the Dons match with St. Mirren in Paisley.

Am I right in thinking Northsound stopped commentating from games when RedTV commentary started?

Only 3 do unlimited data. O2 used to but not it's an "unlimited 500mb" you get.  :hammer:

Yeah Im on a unlimited contract with vodafone - which has a limit on it too. They also offered me a complimentary phone for a fee £20 while my phone was in being repaired  ::)

Fantastic news. Over the past few seasons, my following of the Dons has declined as, although finding live TV matches online was easy as pie, finding a way of (nae exactly legally) streaming the radio coverage to NZ was near on impossible. Aye, I know I should've subscribed to RedTV, but I'm a Scrooge and dinnae like paying for anything on the internet!

The return of NS2's commentary means I can now listen to the games again. Friggin fantastic!!!!! :thumbsup:

Thats exactly what O2 have done to me. They did give me a new phone for free though.

I complained about it and they said "it's always been 500mb" but I don't think it has. It's only the last 2 or 3 months that I've been getting warning messages saying I'm about to go over my limit of my "unlimited" data. I've had an iPhone since the start of 2009 and never had this problem. What annoys me the most is they still call it "unlimited" data. If 3 weren't really shit with their network coverage I'd move to them in a flash.

Does this mean Dons games won't be on Radio Scotland?

They should still be on Radio Scotland!! Mind you it always tend to be the O.F on 810 mw if they play at 3 on a Saturday!

Dons are usually on 92-95 fm if you live in the North East! Meaning I tend to get stuck with Hibs, Motherwell or St Mirren every week  :(

Good news I can get it on N/S 2 now  :thumbsup:

Been meaning to post this up here, found this a couple of weeks ago and its pretty decent

http://xtremisreaction.wordpress.com/2011/01/08/how-to-watch-the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-in-the-uk/

Its really easy to do and basically lets you watch stuff where your not supposed to. For example i can now watch south park episodes through the american offical south park site.  Unfortunately it wont work for the streams on bet 365 as i think you have to have an overseas registered account for it to work.  That said its still pretty useful and takes all of a minute to set up.  Its not ilegal either, the add on comes through mozilla.

hope some of you find it useful

I complained about it and they said "it's always been 500mb" but I don't think it has. It's only the last 2 or 3 months that I've been getting warning messages saying I'm about to go over my limit of my "unlimited" data. I've had an iPhone since the start of 2009 and never had this problem. What annoys me the most is they still call it "unlimited" data. If 3 weren't really shit with their network coverage I'd move to them in a flash.

I've been with 3 for 5 years now and lately their coverage has been garbage - most nights I can't get a reception in my flat - I need to wait until January to move tho  :hammer: