Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Our "support" today

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe anyone can have the audacity to come out and criticise the support yesterday.  We were there, in good voice and let down by the manager and team.  If the team doesn't show up it is no surprise that we are going to get a bit shell-shocked and furthermore it picked up again when the team showed a bit more fight.

Shell-shocked sums it up. So much hope and expectation and it had completely evaporated by the 20th minute.

Supporters and players form a symbiosis, they feed off each other. We make noise, noise inspires players, players play well, we create more noise, etc etc.

The fans kept their side of the bargain yesterday and were there in numbers, offering great encouragement and noise before kick-off and up to the third goal. But when #3 went in folk were just stunned into depressed silence.

You can't create noise in a vacuum! We were given nothing to feed off yesterday from the team, who yet again completely shat it in a major match.

I stayed to the end, am not entirely sure why I did, and have absolute sympathy (envy!?) for those more sensible than me who left early.

Can't believe anyone can have the audacity to come out and criticise the support yesterday.  We were there, in good voice and let down by the manager and team.  If the team doesn't show up it is no surprise that we are going to get a bit shell-shocked and furthermore it picked up again when the team showed a bit more fight.

Spot on :thumbsup:

Personally stayed to the end, but did say after the fourth went in that would be astounded if we were still there at the bitter end.

My younger son is now starting to think he is a jinx on us.......three semi finals, three times four goals conceded.

I stayed till the end as well.  Not sure why, probably because we had spent a substantial time driving down and the pub wasn't really a viable alternative. 

Another thing was that at 14,000 there was more Aberdeen fans there than there had probably been at any home game this season.  It was a chance for the team to prove that the more "good times" fans to come and yet again many will have been put off.  Tis amazing how often Aberdeen do that.  I had bought six tickets.  Myself and one other are a season ticket holder.  Two of the others were season ticket holders but aren't now.  One because last season took it out of him, so he picks and chooses.  The other works a lot of Saturdays, so does the same.  The other two go to a handful of games a season.  4 of the 6 could be coming through the doors through the next few weeks if they had seen sufficient improvement from the past games they had gone too (think 3 of them hadn't been since McGhee left) and that is what is put on show. 

I know this is a different element of discussing the support, but there were a lot of people there who were maybe giving Aberdeen their first go in a while.  They are hardly going to be full of singing at 4-0 down.  I don't see how anyone at 4-0 down apart from the blindly drunk could really be...

My younger son is now starting to think he is a jinx on us.......three semi finals, three times four goals conceded.

One of our group is only 19, and after several pints last night got a bit emotional about the whole thing and was suggesting similar to your lad Al... I did tell him that i absolutely wished with all my heart that it was his fault, but instead I was absolutely sure it was the result of players with no back bone and the collective heart the size of a pea.

I stayed till the end as well.  Not sure why, probably because we had spent a substantial time driving down and the pub wasn't really a viable alternative. 

Another thing was that at 14,000 there was more Aberdeen fans there than there had probably been at any home game this season.  It was a chance for the team to prove that the more "good times" fans to come and yet again many will have been put off.  Tis amazing how often Aberdeen do that.  I had bought six tickets.  Myself and one other are a season ticket holder.  Two of the others were season ticket holders but aren't now.  One because last season took it out of him, so he picks and chooses.  The other works a lot of Saturdays, so does the same.  The other two go to a handful of games a season.  4 of the 6 could be coming through the doors through the next few weeks if they had seen sufficient improvement from the past games they had gone too (think 3 of them hadn't been since McGhee left) and that is what is put on show. 

I know this is a different element of discussing the support, but there were a lot of people there who were maybe giving Aberdeen their first go in a while.  They are hardly going to be full of singing at 4-0 down.  I don't see how anyone at 4-0 down apart from the blindly drunk could really be...

Think you've pretty much summed it up for me. A lot of those fans have probably had it taken out of them over the years, and whenever there is an opportunity for the club to show a potential turning of the corner, they go and completely throw it in the fans faces. Spineless is how I would describe the performance yesterday.

I stayed till the end, as I always refuse to leave before FT, but I was amazed there were so many left tbh. Nearly had an argument with a guy in front of me who said Maguire was pish etc...Some of our fans really do astound me.

Spot on :thumbsup:

Personally stayed to the end, but did say after the fourth went in that would be astounded if we were still there at the bitter end.

Tell him hes not the reason

Since hampden was redeveloped ive been there 3 times to see the dons. 0-4,3-4,1-4

Ive been to 3 semi finals to see the dons and only seen 1 victory and that was at dens park. we've lost the other 2 4-1.

I took an interest in the dons about September 1993. Look whats happened.

I left at 3, there were thousands outside when I left. The pub was absolutely packed when I got there.

I've never left a game early, but was sorely tempted on Saturday - not because I didn't want to support the team but cos I couldn't face watching them self-destruct even further.  I'm even contemplating not going to the game on Tuesday evening which goes right against my beliefs and having a season ticket I'm at EVERY home game come rain, hail, shine or shite football! 

I am aware that since Pa Broon took over we have seen a massive improvement in the game play and in turn the results, but I really am at a loss to explain what happened on Saturday at Hampden . . . . . .

:hammer:

Tell him hes not the reason

Since hampden was redeveloped ive been there 3 times to see the dons. 0-4,3-4,1-4

Ive been to 3 semi finals to see the dons and only seen 1 victory and that was at dens park. we've lost the other 2 4-1.

I took an interest in the dons about September 1993. Look whats happened.

Indeed.

Fuck off Tom, eh?

Cheers.

On a plus-note, 13,000 Dons fans helped make up an attendance (well, at kickoff at least) of 38,000. This from a Glasgow team who are in a three-horse race for the title vs a North-East Scotland team who were rock-bottom of the league until Boxing Day.

Fast-forward 24 hours, and another Glasgow team who are still well in the mix in the aforementioned three-horse title race come up against a short-train-journey-from-Glasgow team who are two wins off 4th place. Between them they can only muster 23,000 fans. That's fuckin shocking!!

Think you've pretty much summed it up for me. A lot of those fans have probably had it taken out of them over the years, and whenever there is an opportunity for the club to show a potential turning of the corner, they go and completely throw it in the fans faces. Spineless is how I would describe the performance yesterday.

I stayed till the end, as I always refuse to leave before FT, but I was amazed there were so many left tbh. Nearly had an argument with a guy in front of me who said Maguire was pish etc...Some of our fans really do astound me.

But Maguire was piss poor on Saturday? What would your argument have been, that it was acceptable to be offside so much and to lose every 5-50 even 60-40 in his favour?

Sums up my thoughts too. I stayed to the end simply because most of my mates were staying but I wouldn't find fault with anyone who did leave early.  There was a girl two rows in front of us screaming her head off at people leaving at the fourth goal. "Stay and show your support!" etc, screamed at a ridiculous level and with a great amount of venom.  Support what though? There was nothing there to support.

I had a similar arsehole in the row behind me going nuts at the folk streaming out after the 4th goal. We were a ball hair away from leaving ourselves. I hate fans with a chip on their shoulder because they stay till the end or think they're better fans than other just because they're quite happy to stand and watch utter horse shit.

i also had the audacity to vent my rage by the way of a few "boos"....only to get told i was being rude by none other than handsome malcolm!

cheek!

The same handsome malcolm who had a decent crack at winning that luxury night in the cells before reaching hampden?

Surely not?

I stayed till about 85 minutes, as i climbed the stairs a guy jamp up and launched a tirade at the ball boy for not putting the ball back in quickly enough then sat down and said to his mate "fits the point of the multiball system then, little cunt must be a tim."  I could help but point out as i walked past "aye mate cos that was our biggest problem today" No doubt i was labelled a part time supporter by them for not caring enough

But Maguire was piss poor on Saturday? What would your argument have been, that it was acceptable to be offside so much and to lose every 5-50 even 60-40 in his favour?

I should have clarified, he was talking generally and clearly had a dislike for the player. Maguire played nowhere near his capability and his corners were woeful at best, but he was far from the worst player on the park.

You don't think the Aberdeen support is passionate? Then you don't have a clue.

Have you ever sat in the home support for any other team? Our fans are still no more than crisp packet rustlers. If your idea of passionate is singing the same 3 or 4 utterly shite songs repeatedly for about a third of a game every week then obviously I don't have a clue.

Define passionate

Scottish people are passionate about football, whether its watching it on TV, talking about it on forums or attending matches. Just because someone doesn't sing at a game doesn't mean they are not passionate. Its totally wrong to associate pissed up singing with passion. What I define it is when you see the looks on people's faces at 2:50 as they walk in to Hampden.....when your team comes on the big screen at Hampden and 14,000 folk roar their approval. That 12,500 odd still remained despite their team being 4-0 down. That 1,500 were so sickended they left early. These are estimates but for someone to declare Aberdeen fans are not passionate about football is the biggest pile of shite i've ever read anywhere.