Wednesday 19th June 2024

Euro 2024 -  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland v 🇨🇭Switzerland

kick-off 8pm

Scottish Cup

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be a ticket scramble for this one. Their away end holds about 1,600 so unless they give us two stands then there will be a lot of disappointed Dons fans.

Time for the MPB (Madrid Panic Button) to show its face  ;D

panic-button.png

I thought where cup matches are concerned the away fans are entitled to a percentage of the grounds capacity (30% rings a bell)?  If that's the case then we'll get more than 1,600 surely?

I thought where cup matches are concerned the away fans are entitled to a percentage of the grounds capacity (30% rings a bell)?  If that's the case then we'll get more than 1,600 surely?

I think 30% sounds excessive, but it is surely in their own interest to open up another section for travelling support. Could be the first game I've been to at the New Paisley Superdome with any kind of atmosphere.

I think that is correct but is it not 20% which is 1,600 in 8,000 ? They may give us half of one of the other stands which take about 2,500 each. Can't see us getting anymore than around 2,800 tickets and I'm pretty sure there will be more demand. Possibly very limited public sale.

Its 10% that your entitled to, I think, in any case they will defo release both stands to Aberdeen, imo anyway. I'm not fussed, my good mate runs a SC  ;D

Pretty sure it is 10% as well.

Would think St Mirren would like to give us extra tickets as I cannot see them having more than 3,000 at the game however whether Straclyde Polis will allow them to is another matter.

Normal away end plus one side of pitch would be good. That would mean around 4,000 Dons fans in the ground and guarantee a wall of noise supporting our team. Not sure they would be willing to give up home advantage for a few dollars more though.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/SFAPublications/SFAHandbook/12%20CupCompRules.pdf

Not sure if that is out of date but in item 41 it says up to 20% for visiting allocation, which as I said is the capacity of the away end at St Mirren, probably designed for that rule in advance.

Normal away end plus one side of pitch would be good. That would mean around 4,000 Dons fans in the ground and guarantee a wall of noise supporting our team. Not sure they would be willing to give up home advantage for a few dollars more though.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/SFAPublications/SFAHandbook/12%20CupCompRules.pdf

Not sure if that is out of date but in item 41 it says up to 20% for visiting allocation, which as I said is the capacity of the away end at St Mirren, probably designed for that rule in advance.

They'll probably wait and see what kind of interest there is amongst the home support.  If, as most are predicting, they struggle to sell then they'll probably release more to AFC.

Do they give the OF more tickets?  I thought they made appoint about refusing to give them more than the 1 stand when they opened.  Crazy to think folk are talking about 4000 at Love St (sic) when we had about 4000 at Pittodrie yesterday.

Anyhooo I shall be there regardless and given our less than impressive record there I envisage  pretty tough game, possibly a replay.

Do they give the OF more tickets?  I thought they made appoint about refusing to give them more than the 1 stand when they opened.  Crazy to think folk are talking about 4000 at Love St (sic) when we had about 4000 at Pittodrie yesterday.

Anyhooo I shall be there regardless and given our less than impressive record there I envisage  pretty tough game, possibly a replay.

I'd probably take a replay to be honest.

Confident we'd beat them here and likely to get a TV fee.

Think they give the OF behind goals and half the stand up the side that holds 2,500, probably gives them around 2,800-3,000 tickets.