Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Managers in England

57 minutes ago, baggy89 said:

Newcastle should be a big club.
No hunnish-ness involved, neither projected nor real. They’re a proper working class football club. With a history of glorious failure. Stadium in the city centre, passionate local fan base, no southern affiliations (they fucking hated Ashley et al for being cockney wide-o’s). Absolutely no way they would let their club get liquidated EVER, even if this Saudi experiment goes tits up. 
On fan base alone they’d be top? 1?  They could double the size of St James’ and still fill it (with a hint of success). The only way to win anything anywhere now, is with billionaire sponsors, they’ve got the billionaires of billionaires. 
It’s a risk but let them enjoy it. 

On the money Baggy 

1 hour ago, baggy89 said:

Newcastle should be a big club.
No hunnish-ness involved, neither projected nor real. They’re a proper working class football club. With a history of glorious failure. Stadium in the city centre, passionate local fan base, no southern affiliations (they fucking hated Ashley et al for being cockney wide-o’s). Absolutely no way they would let their club get liquidated EVER, even if this Saudi experiment goes tits up. 
On fan base alone they’d be top? 1?  They could double the size of St James’ and still fill it (with a hint of success). The only way to win anything anywhere now, is with billionaire sponsors, they’ve got the billionaires of billionaires. 
It’s a risk but let them enjoy it. 

Meh. You could replace Newcastle with Aberdeen in that argument. They're not a proper working class team. If they were, they'd be walking away from the Saudi dictator. Even yer Man United weirdos went full on new team when the glazers arrived - and they hadn't murdered journalists.

I've nothing against Newcastle. The only EPL game I've seen was at St James', it's a cracking ground in the best location. 

Actually, I forgot one fucking obvious point when I was calling Newcastle Huns. They've just been bought by the fucking royal family. You couldn't get more Hun. It is literally the equivalent of Prince Charles buying your club. If Prince Charles was also the leader of the Tory party. It's the staunchest thing this side of the moon. 

I've heard working class Sunderland are asking Jeff Bezos to pay his workers a little less so that he can make them the biggest, biggest team in the best league in the world.

• 4 weeks later...

Huns desperately whoring Gerrard now, leaking stories through the BBC so their followers rubbish it. Hopefully they continue to do what they've done with Morelos and allow their desperation to price themselves out of a payday, that's if Villa actually even make an enquiry. 

Heard a few people say that Villa would be a great opportunity for Gerrard but have to wonder how far you can really take a club like that.  These are the same people who were telling him to avoid Newcastle, where he would have had buckets of cash and the sky was really the limit.  Much easier to make a total arse of it at Villa if you ask me.  Hard to see them ever becoming a top six team but not impossible to be dragged into a relegation dog fight.

5 hours ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

Heard a few people say that Villa would be a great opportunity for Gerrard but have to wonder how far you can really take a club like that.  These are the same people who were telling him to avoid Newcastle, where he would have had buckets of cash and the sky was really the limit.  Much easier to make a total arse of it at Villa if you ask me.  Hard to see them ever becoming a top six team but not impossible to be dragged into a relegation dog fight.

I get what you're saying about Newcastle but I think Villas owner's wealth is only eclipsed by the Saudi's at Newcastle and the Emirati's at City. 

• 2 weeks later...

I see they are appointing an interim manager until the end of the season.  It is staggering that they are effectively writing off the season after just 12 league games of a 38 game season.  Can't see why a massive club like Utd would need to wait until the end of a season to poach someone else's manager.  If they want someone like Rodgers, Pochetino, Simeone etc, just pay the cash and get him in.  Also why you would you sack Solskjaer but leave his assistant in charge for the next few games and expect things to improve is just stupid.

• 1 month later...