Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Managers in England

Bad news for fans that were looking for the appointment of Jose Mourinho. He's just signed a new four year deal with Madrid.

Aston Villa are said to be disappointed but will now focus their search elsewhere.

It's all very well taking the piss out of Villa, but by the sounds of things Martinez has taken the Villa job instead of Liverpool.  Obviously decided to go with the bigger club.  ;)

Good pal of mine is a reading fan, he reckons this will be a disaster as Rodgers success had come at clubs where the set up is in place already. At reading he had 2 do that himself and it didn't work at all.  Huge gamble by fsg, if the two i would have gone martinez every time. 

Good pal of mine is a reading fan, he reckons this will be a disaster as Rodgers success had come at clubs where the set up is in place already. At reading he had 2 do that himself and it didn't work at all.  Huge gamble by fsg, if the two i would have gone martinez every time.

This is 100% my thinking too. The improvement at reading when McDermott took over was instantaneous. See also Watford.

If Steve Clarke stays I'd see him having much more of a chance but I'd be utterly astonished if this doesn't end in disaster. And I heard £5m to get him from Swansea. Crivvens!

And I heard £5m to get him from Swansea. Crivvens!

Aye, hefty release clause.

Either or both of Rodgers and Martinez could very well end up very good managers, they seem to be well thought of coaches but are they really what you would have picked to take on such a huge worldwide club as Liverpool? It is an enormous jump.

Aye, hefty release clause.

Either or both of Rodgers and Martinez could very well end up very good managers, they seem to be well thought of coaches but are they really what you would have picked to take on such a huge worldwide club as Liverpool? It is an enormous jump.

Forgive the following diatribe, but it all kind of shows up the current state of management and clubs themselves in imo. My last two cents on the matter.

The bulk of managers could roughly be classed in two categories; serious managers who care about building their team and achieving goals (i.e. O'Neil, Moyes, Guardiola, Craig Brown, Mourinho); and fly-by-nights who are happy just to be taking a pay check and establishing themselves as one of the 'boys' in what is generally an industry full of jobs for the boys (i.e. Ranieri, McLeish, Curbishly*, Big Sam*).

The way Martinez goes about it, he seems like he belongs in the first category - probably walked out on Swansea early but would've been less likely to if it hadn't been Wigan that were in for him, still left Swansea a superb foundation, and he's paid his dues to Wigan considering the 2 years in EPL I don't think many people expected them to be good enough to survive.

Rodgers I could be wrong about but he seems to me more like the second type of character. Whored himself out after a couple of abject failures and then got lucky to land the Swansea job, where his main contribution was replacing the disruptive influence of another fly-by-night in Paulo Sousa.

Sensible then for Martinez to choose Villa, who have a decent core, less primma donnas and lower short-term expectations than Liverpool. Somewhere he'd get time to build.

And sensible for Rodgers to choose pool, who will look good on his CV, ensuring him he'll keep getting jobs no matter what, and who have no CL football in early season, meaning Rodgers will also get more of a grace period than at most 'big' clubs. Somewhere he'd get more time before being sacked.

* At Charlton and Bolton I think these guys were more like the first category, but after that their attitudes seem different about the value of hard work over money.

Good post.

The jobs for the boys thing is a very good point and something I've talked about for some time.

Total wastes of time, eg Paul Jewell, Mickey Adams, McLeish, Allardyce, Ranieri (got another fucking gig at Monaco now!!), McClaren et al. Gravy train. The fucking lot of them.

Ell eye vee, eee are pee, double o ell, Liverpool FC.

They had their success many decades ago. That's their fill.

Disgusting city full of horrible work-shy minks.

Employing Dalglish was laffably predictable.

They deserve what's coming, a massive decline into the nether regions of football nothingness.

We, on the other hand, declined into football nothingness without just cause.

Our fans are North east and therefore high on integrity.

Hud on.

We got hijacked by a cunt who wore wigs.

AFC deserves what it gets. We failed to deal with the cancerous wee cunt.

Ell eye vee, eee are pee, double o ell, Liverpool FC.

They had their success many decades ago. That's their fill.

Disgusting city full of horrible work-shy minks.

Employing Dalglish was laffably predictable.

They deserve what's coming, a massive decline into the nether regions of football nothingness.

We, on the other hand, declined into football nothingness without just cause.

Our fans are North east and therefore high on integrity.

Hud on.

We got hijacked by a cunt who wore wigs.

AFC deserves what it gets. We failed to deal with the cancerous wee cunt.

Burst open next weeks prescription already R_S?

Burst open next weeks prescription already R_S?

My medication is constant and unwavering.

Positivity, integrity and clarity.

I sell it in bottles to people whom it doesn't affect.

Nothing to do with the dirt-cheap placebo-esque nature of my ingredients.

They're so stupid to appreciate the power of the mind.

Forgive the following diatribe, but it all kind of shows up the current state of management and clubs themselves in imo. My last two cents on the matter.

The bulk of managers could roughly be classed in two categories; serious managers who care about building their team and achieving goals (i.e. O'Neil, Moyes, Guardiola, Craig Brown, Mourinho); and fly-by-nights who are happy just to be taking a pay check and establishing themselves as one of the 'boys' in what is generally an industry full of jobs for the boys (i.e. Ranieri, McLeish, Curbishly*, Big Sam*).

The way Martinez goes about it, he seems like he belongs in the first category - probably walked out on Swansea early but would've been less likely to if it hadn't been Wigan that were in for him, still left Swansea a superb foundation, and he's paid his dues to Wigan considering the 2 years in EPL I don't think many people expected them to be good enough to survive.

Rodgers I could be wrong about but he seems to me more like the second type of character. Whored himself out after a couple of abject failures and then got lucky to land the Swansea job, where his main contribution was replacing the disruptive influence of another fly-by-night in Paulo Sousa.

Sensible then for Martinez to choose Villa, who have a decent core, less primma donnas and lower short-term expectations than Liverpool. Somewhere he'd get time to build.

And sensible for Rodgers to choose pool, who will look good on his CV, ensuring him he'll keep getting jobs no matter what, and who have no CL football in early season, meaning Rodgers will also get more of a grace period than at most 'big' clubs. Somewhere he'd get more time before being sacked.

* At Charlton and Bolton I think these guys were more like the first category, but after that their attitudes seem different about the value of hard work over money.

My former mole in the Villa camp insists the players were a shower of fucking cunts.

Louis Van Gaal is needed at Liverpool before Rodgers has a hope of success.

Not happy with this appointment at all. Hope he proves me wrong like.

Liverpool jumping in too early again. see also; Henderson, Jordan and Carroll, Andy.

Lambert has allegedly walked away from Norwich.

I had hoped Lambert would stay at Norwich for another season.  If he had managed to keep them up when the second season is notoriously difficult for recently promoted teams, then I think he really would have cemented his standing and would probably have a better choice of jobs than Villa. They are on a downward spiral with a rather mundane squad and an owner who no longer seems that keen on spending money on it.