David Moyes 33/1

Sven Goran Eriksson 33/1

Roberto Di Matteo 33/1

Bob Bradley 33/1

Jurgen Klinsmann 33/1

Jimmy Calderwood 40/1

Graeme Souness 50/1

Kevin Keegan 50/1

Martinez seems an odd one.  He's done well at Wigan, but surely Liverpool should be aiming for a really big name if they really want to be back amongst the big boys.

Roberto Martínez 6/4 - No. A third of a good season at Wigan after losing just aboot every game up until March or April is not LFC football club management material.

Rafa Benitez 2/1 - No.

Brendan Rodgers 11/4 - Too big a job too soon. Swansea will go down next season.

Andre Villas-Boas 3/1 - Fuck no. I'd rather re-appoint King Kenny on a 27 year contract.

Fabio Capello 9/1 - No.

Frank Rijkaard 10/1 - No.

Jose Mourinho 14/1 - Yes please.

Josep Guardiola 14/1 - Yes please.

Paul Lambert 14/1 - Good manager but not ready.

Martin O'Neill 16/1 - No.

Louis Van Gaal 16/1 - No.

Claudio Ranieri 16/1 - No.

Carlo Ancelotti 20/1 - No.

Guus Hiddink 20/1 - Yes please.

Harry Redknapp 20/1 - No.

Sami Hyppia 20/1 - No.

Didier Deschamps 20/1 - No.

Marcelo Bielsa 20/1 - No.

Laurent Blanc 25/1 - No.

Steve Nicol 25/1 - No.

Jurgen Klopp 25/1 - Hmmmm.

Gus Poyet 28/1 - No.

Steve Clarke 33/1 - lol.

David Moyes 33/1 - If no other cunt will take it.

Sven Goran Eriksson 33/1 - No.

Roberto Di Matteo 33/1 - No.

Bob Bradley 33/1 - No.

Jurgen Klinsmann 33/1 - No.

Jimmy Calderwood 40/1 - JMG.

Graeme Souness 50/1 - No.

Kevin Keegan 50/1 - I will love it if he doesn't get the job.

No danger klopp would take the step down from Dortmund.  disagree about Martinez too, keeping Wigan in the premier league for more than one season is a great achievement.  Withthe style that they have done it in too, well you have to take your hat of to that.  That said Liverpool fans would probably spit the dummy like they did with hodgson and run it for him from the start.  What is the consensus from the fans?  Are they all bleating for benitez?

No danger klopp would take the step down from Dortmund.  disagree about Martinez too, keeping Wigan in the premier league for more than one season is a great achievement.  Withthe style that they have done it in too, well you have to take your hat of to that.  That said Liverpool fans would probably spit the dummy like they did with hodgson and run it for him from the start.  What is the consensus from the fans?  Are they all bleating for benitez?

They're well within their right to voice their opinion on any appointment and by the looks of things those who did speak out against Hodgson weren't wrong, were they? Or is it the fault of the fans that didn't welcome him that he had such a terrible record?  ::)

Some want Rafa back but not me. And I dare say Ancellotti is a decent manage but he doesn't inspire me. Personally I'd pick Mourinho if I could pick anyone.

They're well within their right to voice their opinion on any appointment and by the looks of things those who did speak out against Hodgson weren't wrong, were they? Or is it the fault of the fans that didn't welcome him that he had such a terrible record?  ::)

Some want Rafa back but not me. And I dare say Ancellotti is a decent manage but he doesn't inspire me. Personally I'd pick Mourinho if I could pick anyone.

Do you honestly think that the stick Hodgson took from the fans from day one the fans wasn't detrimental to team performances?  He was on a sticky wicket from the start because most were raging at the sacking of Benitez.  With the right backing from the support from the outset Hodgson could have done a good job at Liverpool imo.

I can't see Mourinho going to Anfield though i can absolutely understand why you would want him to.    I think your right about it being a wee bit too soon for rodgers but not convinced they will go down next year with him in charge.  Liverpool need to appoint someone who REALLY knows the EPL, if you could get Moyes to leave Everton and he was given decent financial backing by fsg i think you would be back in the hunt for a champions league spot next season, a cert for a spot the season after and challenging for the title optimistically a year after realistically two to three years after that.

I don't honestly remember there being such outrage at the appointment of Hodgson. Some of my pals that follow LFC were touting him long before he got the job. I was pleased with the appointment myself tbh be honest. I dare say there were those who weren't pleased but I don't think you can blame them for a manager having such a poor win percentage. I and most others agreed that Rafa had to go.

When AFC appointed Broon there were many who disagreed. He's "too old/negative/shite". I don't blame those fans for Broon's poor results. I blame the unbalanced squad, the down right delusional shite spouted by Broon to anyone who'll listen and the baffling and negative tactics for his poor results.

If you're manager of a football club you have to man the fuck up, show strength and prove the doubters wrong. It's your job to shut them up. If the fans that didn't like him caused such shite results then he's not good enough to be in charge anyway. That's how I see it anyway. Look at Pardew. 99% of folk laughed or were devastated (depending on who they supported) when he was given the Newcastle job. Just about every NUFC fan/follower that I know facepalmed. Pardew went about his job and ended up having a storming season and proving them all wrong and shutting them up in the process. Roy getting the boot was his own fault and the correct decision.

disagree about Martinez too, keeping Wigan in the premier league for more than one season is a great achievement.  Withthe style that they have done it in too, well you have to take your hat of to that. 

Don't really agree with the sentiment of this to be honest.  His team were getting pumped every week for a long, long time and while it is remarkable they survived with a great run at the end of the season, it took him far too long to realise what his best side was and far more importantly, a very long time to realise what shape suits his side. 

I certainly don't think he's necessarily a bad manager per se, but I certainly don't think he's as great a manager as some make out.  A very good manager would have halted their awful run of form way before he did. Also, had their season been reversed and they'd picked up the majority of their points in the first half of the season instead of the second, there isn't a chance he'd be high up that list.  In fact,  he may not even be on it at all.