Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Managers in England

The timing of this seems postively bizarre.

To have survived all the shit thrown at him last season, have them sitting third in Championship, and then allegedly resign doesn't sound right. Think it'll be more a case of forced to resign I'd imagine.

Saying this morning that he was forced out.

• 3 weeks later...
Hartlepool United first-team coach Neale Cooper has resigned 10 months into his second spell at the club.

Tuesday's 2-1 loss at Bury sent United bottom of League One and extended their run of games without a win to 12.

Cooper, who was also Pools boss between 2003 and 2005, won only seven of his 40 games in his second spell in charge.

"The club wishes to thank Neale for his commitment and dedication, and wishes him every success in his return to Scotland," a club statement read.

• 4 weeks later...

Excellent!!

I actually think he's a pretty decent manager.

Could be a disaster though as I don't think Chelsea fans are taking to him, maybe got something to do with one of his older quotes:

''We don't need to give away stupid plastic flags to our fans to wave, our supporters are always there with their hearts and that is all we need. Its the passion of the fans that helps us to win matches, not flags. Chelsea fans lack passion."

I actually think he's a pretty decent manager.

Could be a disaster though as I don't think Chelsea fans are taking to him, maybe got something to do with one of his older quotes:

''We don't need to give away stupid plastic flags to our fans to wave, our supporters are always there with their hearts and that is all we need. Its the passion of the fans that helps us to win matches, not flags. Chelsea fans lack passion."

It was still completely true though.

I'm not sure baout this. I think it could be a good appointment. Truth is you never know what you get with Rafa but he's capable, that's for sure.

very sound business move. Rafa's the only person who could come in and rescue Torres. If it doesn't work then Torres goes in the Summer and Abramovich doesn't have to pay compo to change manager for once. if it does, maybe he still sells Torres but makes a lot more of his money back, and doesn't pay compo to change manager for once.