Wednesday 19th June 2024

Euro 2024 -  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland v 🇨🇭Switzerland

kick-off 8pm

Dons vs Inverness

So that's it over for McGhee surely. Still a legendary Dons player for me, but a poor manager. Statistically he is probably our worst ever manager. Good luck in whatever he does but with less than 6000 there tonight, I don't think the board can afford not to bin him.

Seems to me like a replay of the Willie Miller days . . . .shit hot player . . .shit manager . . . same words, different name  :hammer:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So that's it over for McGhee surely. Still a legendary Dons player for me, but a poor manager. Statistically he is probably our worst ever manager. Good luck in whatever he does but with less than 6000 there tonight, I don't think the board can afford not to bin him.

If Roy Hodgson knows what is good for him he'll be straight on to wiki to check out McGhee's record. Statistically speaking Aberdeens worst ever manager has a 100% record in winning the Champions league when appointed first team coach at Liverpool.

I thought the players battled well tonight, but didn't get any breaks from a very inconsistent referee.

There is a togetherness about the squad but also a real lack of quality in certain positions. Ifil is a joke, I know that's hardly ground breaking news but I've honestly played with and against better defenders in the amateur leagues.  I wasn't impressed with Folly tonight, thought he looked really ordinary and failed to stamp any authority on the game.  Velicka took his goal very well but got pushed about too easily.  Otherwise it was decent, Mcardle and Diamond played with real commitment, Jack and Robertson didn't look out of place, Maguire and Aluko were busy and both showed good touches.

And a word about that cunt Butcher, someone I've quietly respected as a manager in the past, for him to come on the park and celebrate like that at the final whistle while his colleague in the opposite duggout is on the brink of the sack is disgusting. I hope it's you in that position one day Terry, and I'll be laughing my cock off when it happens.

Folly was very poor, aluko is not fit, diamond and mcardle looked ropey. For all this supposed 'effort', ther was zero quality. It was headless chicken stuff most of the time, a serious lack of composure and nobody willing to take responsibility. There were no positives to take from the game. I genuinely felt sorry for mcghee at the final whistle but when I heard his interview that sympathy evaporated. If he was satisfied with that performance then it is a clear sign that he is not up to the job, as if we needed any more confirmation. I do not expect him to be in the job by saturday.

It's not a nice feeling wishing anyone to lose their job and his face at the end of the game was a sad picture, but it hasn't worked out, and it isn't going to.

Folly was very poor, aluko is not fit, diamond and mcardle looked ropey. For all this supposed 'effort', ther was zero quality. It was headless chicken stuff most of the time, a serious lack of composure and nobody willing to take responsibility. There were no positives to take from the game. I genuinely felt sorry for mcghee at the final whistle but when I heard his interview that sympathy evaporated. If he was satisfied with that performance then it is a clear sign that he is not up to the job, as if we needed any more confirmation. I do not expect him to be in the job by saturday.

It's not a nice feeling wishing anyone to lose their job and his face at the end of the game was a sad picture, but it hasn't worked out, and it isn't going to.

Theres a differance between not being fit and not being interested. Aluko is the latter.

Saw the pen a couple of times on SSN last night.

Now, maybe it's because it was after midnight and I was shattered, but I couldn't see anything that warranted a penalty.

Tokely got lectured about holding on to Diamond in the 2nd half before a corner was taken, instead of just letting play go on and giving us a penalty.  Inconsistency is what we hate most about referees, he was also quick to book our players but left the card in his pocket for their numerous fouls.

Theres a differance between not being fit and not being interested. Aluko is the latter.

That may well be true, but he is definitely not fit and so it is very difficult to judge him.

In general I am disappointed with the lack of fitness in the squad.  I thought against Falkirk a couple of weeks ago the players were very very tired after the Saturday game and it looked like more of the same last night.  There was plenty of effort when we had the ball, but a real lack of quality with the end product and at this level effort is a minimum requirement, but quality marks out the haves from the have-nots.  When we didn't have the ball, we didn't press them and we let them have too much cheap possession.

Saw the pen a couple of times on SSN last night.

Now, maybe it's because it was after midnight and I was shattered, but I couldn't see anything that warranted a penalty.

Makes up for the penalty they should have had when Robertson took the guy down a few mins later then.

if your refering to the one where the guy ran into him then we would be due about 30000 penalties this season. Anybody who thought that was a pen is off their fucking rocker and should maybe think about watching netball.

I believe Penfold is already an avid Netball fanatic.  :thumbsup:

if your refering to the one where the guy ran into him then we would be due about 30000 penalties this season. Anybody who thought that was a pen is off their fucking rocker and should maybe think about watching netball.

He's talking about the one when Roberson chopped down Hayes inside the box, a couple of minutes after ICT took the lead.  Looked like a pen to me, ref gave a goal kick. I even mentioned it in my half time post from the game last night in this very thread.