Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Films

manc_don

The south park inception episode goes into my top five south parks of all time.  Went to see inception a few months back with a friend.  Now maybe i just naturally find things not to like in films that others rave about but ultimately inception bored the shit out of me.  It had some nice ideas but i just didnt see what all the fuss was about.  Later that week a boy at work was trying to convince me it was the best film ever made.....................  a film about trying to collapse a business empire?  sheesh.  I was so fucking delighted when matt and trey got stuck into it.

Thought the social network was ridiculously average too

The south park inception episode goes into my top five south parks of all time.  Went to see inception a few months back with a friend.  Now maybe i just naturally find things not to like in films that others rave about but ultimately inception bored the shit out of me.  It had some nice ideas but i just didnt see what all the fuss was about.  Later that week a boy at work was trying to convince me it was the best film ever made.....................  a film about trying to collapse a business empire?  sheesh.  I was so fucking delighted when matt and trey got stuck into it.

Thought the social network was ridiculously average too

Agreed. Didn;t think Inception was particularly good.

And I hear what you're saying about The Social Network. That's why it was "only average" on my list.

By the way one that I've seen recently that I forgot to put on that list.. Buried. Horrible film. I was so bored.

• 3 weeks later...

Harry Potter 7 Part 1 is brilliant - best film so far  :thumbsup:

I thought it was quite poor. I was sceptical when I heard they had split the final book into two films. I'm not convinced they couldn't have made just the one.

Also, is it just me or does anyone else think Daniel Radcliffe is a poor actor??

Really! Have you read the books cause I thought it was the closest one yet to the story - I haven't been a huge fan of the films so far

Me neither. Think I've seen the first two films and then just watched The Deathly Hallows a week ago. No been a big fan of the films, give me the books anyway!

Anyone seen Unstoppable yet? I quite like Denzel Washington so was going to go and see this. That 127 hours looks a very good watch too.

• 3 weeks later...