Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Here comes the rumour mill

Think he is Jute.

Maybe ambiguous in my post, in that the permission was from Mad Vlad rather than Killie

Ah that would make sense then. Pretty sure Killie had already said it would take a hefty bid for them to allow Bryson to leave and could not see the Diet Huns getting that  sort of cash from Mad Vlad.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah heard that as well  :-\

There is that much press speculation just now dinna ken if its right or no.  Hope McGhee goes for Hart but we will have to wait and see. 

Cant mind where his alegiance lies in Scotland, most probably one o the auld firm . .

Northampton striker Adebayo Akinfenwa claims interest from SPL sides

May 31 2010

NORTHAMPTON goal machine Adebayo Akinfenwa is refusing to rule out a possible move to the north of Scotland after revealing interest from the SPL.

The ex-Millwall frontman, who netted 17 times last season, claims he is being chased by several SPL clubs - two of whom "couldn't be further away" from his home in south London.

Akinfenwa is a free agent after choosing to leave Northampton Town at the end of the season but admits he would prefer a move to a club in or around the English capital to be nearer his family.

"I've had three or four Scottish Premier League clubs contact me about going there and doing something," he said.

"A couple of those clubs couldn't be further away from London so I'd have to seriously think about it, but it's nice to be sought after and nice to be wanted.

"Right now, I'm just letting the interest come in and when I come back from my holiday then I'll sort out my future."

The powerful striker netted 17 goals for the Cobblers last season and, in two years, hit an impressive 37 goals in 88 appearances.

Akinfenwa has also played for Swansea City and Torquay United.

Us and ICT I guess then ;)

Aberdeen FC on the trail of Akinfenwa

McGhee in bid to snap up striker

By Ross McTavish

Published: 01/06/2010

ABERDEEN FC have joined the race to sign striker Adebayo Akinfenwa.

The hitman’s agent, Dean Baker, today revealed he has received an inquiry from Aberdeen FC manager Mark McGhee for his client but no firm offer.

The Pittodrie side have turned their attentions elsewhere having admitted defeat in their bid to sign Kevin Kyle.

Akinfenwa is a free agent after his contract with Northampton expired and he rejected a new deal.

Northampton striker Adebayo Akinfenwa claims interest from SPL sides

May 31 2010

NORTHAMPTON goal machine Adebayo Akinfenwa is refusing to rule out a possible move to the north of Scotland after revealing interest from the SPL.

thumbnail.aspx?refId=2274083&refRef=img&style=full

A big loon!

Michael Hart has warned Hibernian and any other suitors that he will only quit Preston for the same money he is on at Deepdale.

Former Aberdeen defender Hart came close to joining Hibs in January before Alan Irvine was replaced as North End manager by Darren Ferguson.

Hart, who had been frozen out under Irvine, then found himself back in the side, only to be axed again and placed on the transfer list.

The 30-year-old admits to frustration over his time at Preston and would welcome a move to Hibs.

But he is prepared to sit out the final year of his contract if he is unable to agree a similar deal elsewhere.

Hart said in the Sunday Mail: "I was closing to leaving before Darren came in - either on loan or a transfer. Hibs were there or thereabouts and the deal was almost done the morning Alan got sacked."

Hart, who joined Preston two-and-a-half years ago, added: "At Aberdeen, I played every week and I need that again to prove my worth. But I have a decent contract at Preston and I'm 30 now.

"So I'm not going to walk away from it unless I have something else on similar terms."

Hart has not given up hope of resurrecting his career at Deepdale, saying: "I'll see if I can change the gaffer's mind in training and maybe come off the transfer list.

"But if I'm going to sit in the reserves I'd rather move on. Until I get the release papers, though, I'm not pushing for anything.

"Hibs are the ones who have shown an interest but I've not spoken in depth with them. They're a great club and John Hughes is a great manager. So if that came about then great."

At 30 and a footballer I would be thinking of the money