Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Here comes the rumour mill

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumours elsewhere that Langfield will be sold this summer.  Probably bullshit but could we get a decent fee for him?

I would hope so, we managed to get £600k for Miller  :o

Replacing a goalkeeper is quite a hard thing though.

Guest ally s

I think we'd be lucky to get £150k for Langfield.

If that story about selling Langfield is true then I reckon Tuffey from Partick would be worth a punt as a replacement.

Rumours elsewhere that Langfield will be sold this summer.  Probably bullshit but could we get a decent fee for him?

If we were to get even £200k for him it would add around £3.8k a week plus his wage to our budget. I know there would be signing on fees etc.

I'd be happy with Cheltenham's current keeper who I know for sure is out of contract at the end of the season and is only 24.

http://www.ctfc.com/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10434~30204,00.html

Alternatively I'd also be pretty pleased if Fergie gave us this guy on a season long loan

http://www.manutd.com/publish.sps?pagegid={586F3BDA-BAD0-484E-AA1B-C0464DF06DF7}&teamid=435&section=playerProfile&bioid=92163

It's just a pity the best keeper (no not the £18k a week Kasper Schmeichel) in L2 signed a new contract in March

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6009620,00.html

I don't think Heaton will be a United player for much longer. I think they may let him go, 24 years old now and although that's not old for a keeper etc, he's not going to get much of a look in down there.

Yeah suppose. Pity, seemed very composed and that seemed to transfer to confidence in the 'dale defence. If he leaves Utd this summer it will be to the Championship or top half L1 at worst.

• 2 weeks later...

!!!!ALL RUMOURS!!!!

I picked this up on another forum so I don't know how true it is - bare with me though as I am posting this for info only...

Seemingly there is a meeting tonight to discuss Willie Miller and Scott Leitches future. Seemingly Leitch has been terrible on the training ground and has been really getting laid into the young players in particular... It almost led to Fyvie asking for a transfer.

I don't know what Millers future is but the rumour is that Leitch is offski...

supposedly the club are going to be releasing a statement next week regarding WM, Leitch, Meldrum and the list of players leaving.

!!!!ALL RUMOURS!!!!

supposedly the club are going to be releasing a statement next week regarding WM, Leitch, Meldrum and the list of players leaving.

Think its bollocks considering Leitch and Meldrum took the training today as McGhee was away scouting.

Think its bollocks considering Leitch and Meldrum took the training today as McGhee was away scouting.

It's prob bollocks but i don't think that'd necessarily be the reason why.

I have heard repeated reports of a split in the changing room and they aren't too surprising, but how they've manifested over the season is surprising.

Read elsewhere Aluko is very unhappy and McGhee has said he can go. Its a bit disapointing as whilst I feel Aluko's been crap this season I still think him and Pawlett on the wings is potentially where we should be heading.

Read elsewhere Aluko is very unhappy and McGhee has said he can go. Its a bit disapointing as whilst I feel Aluko's been crap this season I still think him and Pawlett on the wings is potentially where we should be heading.

Aye me too, for the only time this season and that was only for 20 odd minutes (2-1 home win against St Johnstone), Aluko and Pawlett destroyed them and gave some cause for optimism. When Pawlett gets fit and Aluko gets his finger out, we could have two real quality young players on the wings.

Aye me too, for the only time this season and that was only for 20 odd minutes (2-1 home win against St Johnstone), Aluko and Pawlett destroyed them and gave some cause for optimism. When Pawlett gets fit and Aluko gets his finger out, we could have two real quality young players on the wings.

totally agree

Aluko 'on his game' is a great player to have. unfortunately, for one reason or another, he hasn't been 'on his game' at all this season. i'd still give him until january to get back 'on his game' before thinking of letting him go/punting him

Aluko IS a quality young player. He's just surrounded by players who couldnae gie a fuck, and a management team who have completely lost all motivational control over the first-team. No wonder he cannae be arsed at the moment. If McGhee can hold onto Aluko, and build his new team around Aluko, Diamond, Fyvie, Pawlett and Paton, there could be reason for optimism next season. Aluko is a player I'd love to see stay at Aberdeen for another season, as I don't think we have seen the best of him yet.

If the Fyvie rumour is true, how much power can one 16 year old have? We were lead to believe his opinion was a contributing factor in the last management team change, now we are hearing this team is going to be broken up on his prompting.

If the Aluko rumour is true, what a difference a year makes.

If both were to be true it would only highlight the shambles we are in. 

Aluko IS a quality young player. He's just surrounded by players who couldnae gie a fuck, and a management team who have completely lost all motivational control over the first-team. No wonder he cannae be arsed at the moment. If McGhee can hold onto Aluko, and build his new team around Aluko, Diamond, Fyvie, Pawlett and Paton, there could be reason for optimism next season. Aluko is a player I'd love to see stay at Aberdeen for another season, as I don't think we have seen the best of him yet.

Hopefully Langfield as well. Aluko seems to have been affected by this season badly, he was so enthusiastic about coming back to Aberdeen permanently and clearly enjoyed his first season back. He's a quality player with bags of potential, he just needs to be coached right. With a rejuvenated Aluko, and a fit Pawlett we should be quite exciting to watch. Hopefully.

Richard Gordon implied on the radio tonight that meetings have taken place this week at Pittodrie to discuss the future of some personnel.

May just be about getting new cleaners in right enough...

Just as well, because the state of the RDS concourse is an absolute disgrace. Those cleaners should be sacked.