Here comes the rumour mill

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew it was a bad idea to sing Grassi's name on Satuday  :doh:

Ha Ha! At Cheltenham I can remember joining in, in giving Kayode Odejayi a standing ovation at the last home game of the season 2005 with the collective thought being "Thank Christ this'll be the last we see of this useless lump". Only to find out John Ward had been moved by the reception he was given and had awarded the obvious fans favourite a new contract  :hammer:.

We did manage to punt him to Barnsley 2 years later for £200k, so it wasn't all bad.

"These come from a close connection at AFC:

Jamie Langfield, possible move to English Championship

Darren Mackie, Possible move –2 Scottish clubs interested

Sone Aluko, Gillingham and Peterborough both interested

Gary McDonald, Released

Mark Kerr, Released

Steve MacLean, Loan end

Paul Marshall, Released

Stuart Nelson, 1 year deal

Stuart Duff, 1 year deal

Davide Grassi, 2 year deal

New signings:

Adam Virgo, currently in discussions over 2 year deal

Paul Caddis, initial loan from Celtic(player considering)

Kevin Kyle having second thoughts.

Steven Smith of Rangers been offered 2 year deal

Possible swap deal with Kilmarnock, Maguire for goalkeeper Bell."

stolen from 606

Not sure about some of that, Kyle for Maguire seem a very bad piece of business for me. I'd rather Aluko didn't go, and who the hell is this keeper 'Bell'? I'd be very concerned if we got rid of Langfield without getting anybody suitable in as a replacement.

Cammy Bell has been keeping Alan Combe out of the Killie team.

Seen him a couple of times and has looked ok

Any time I've seen him he's been as much of a bomb scare without the shot stopping ability of Langfield.

Virgo has had a horrible inevitability about it since the moment he was released. If Aluko would move to league 1/2 then he's a fuckin nut job.

Hmm, not sure what to make of these rumours. Obviously couldnt' give a fuck about the 3 bell ends, but I'd like to see Aluko stay 1 more season. He was so gash this season for one reason or another, he owes us another season. If he goes to league 1 or 2, I can only think its for money, because not much will happen to him down there, he'll get torn apart surely? Too lightweight.

Can't say the people we're linked with are particularly inspiring either.

Aluko would probably do alright in L1. L1 seems to be a bit of an anomaly of a league where footballing ability appears to rule rather than the physicality of the Championship and L2.

Virgo I suppose would offer options in CF, RB and CB so I suppose on a free got to be worth a look.

Well considering smith is reported to be on the verge of signing with an English team, Preston perhaps, I'm inclined to believe every word of that rumour is complete and utter shite.

so just as you would expect really...

Mikey Hart is being released by them, I'd take him back in a..eh... Hartbeat.

I'll get my coat.

Any time I've seen him he's been as much of a bomb scare without the shot stopping ability of Langfield.

Virgo has had a horrible inevitability about it since the moment he was released. If Aluko would move to league 1/2 then he's a fuckin nut job.

FANTASTIC shot stopper and still young, would be more than a replacement for langfield. That'd be good business in my view.

Aberdeen midfielder Gary McDonald has done a U-turn by admitting he is prepared to stay on at Pittodrie.

[Pray] Please don't be true. Pleeeeeassee!!!!! [/pray]

Clearly no cunt has come in with the huge pay increase that he expects and he's grudgingly had to admit that he might have nowhere else to go. Fuck off to anywhere that's not here.  :hammer:

[Pray] Please don't be true. Pleeeeeassee!!!!! [/pray]

Clearly no cunt has come in with the huge pay increase that he expects and he's grudgingly had to admit that he might have nowhere else to go. Fuck off to anywhere that's not here.  :hammer:

I hope McGhee has more sense than that.

Linked with Rory McArdle (defender) from Rochdale in some of the papers today.

Full name Rory Alexander McArdle

Date of birth May 1, 1987 (1987-05-01) (age 23)

Place of birth Sheffield, England

Height 6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)

Playing position Defender

147 appearances for Rochdale, 5 goals.

17 appearances for u-21 Northern Ireland, 1 goal