Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Lee Miller: Will he stay or will he go?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1748: Two more bits of business - firstly, our friends in Scotland are telling me that Celtic and Middlesbrough have agreed a deal for striker Scott McDonald. More to follow on that one. Secondly, Preston have signed Blackburn Rovers Irish U21 midfielder Keith Treacy for an undisclosed fee, on a two-and-a-half year contract, with an option for a third year.

Still no mention of Miller

Bye lee, you had your moments thought not very many.  Just like to thank dundee utd for giving miller to us and therefore giving us half a million quid.  Hopefully we can get another couple of players in now as well though i'll be happy with what we have so far

I'm VERY pleased with the Miller deal. He's the biggest pain in the ass I've ever seen play up front for Aberdeen (and I've seen more than my fair share of calamities upfront for the Dons). The likes of D'Jaffo, Dadi, Mike, Newell, Hamilton etc were just shit. But Miller was a decent footballer ... when he could be arsed.

Trouble is, he could only be arsed once every 10 or 15 games. Against Rangers at Pittodrie earlier this season, he was truly immense: pulling the Rangers defenders all out of position, and straying marginally offside to the point that it upset the huns defence without the linesman noticing the offside position. But we saw Lazy Lee faaaaaaaaaar too often.

I genuinely hope he does well at Boro, but to be honest I can see him being farmed out to some Div1 side pretty quickly. McDonald will do well down there, but Miller will struggle. To get £500K for him is phenomenal. Even if McGhee only gets a little bit of this money, that'll be a few bob more than I was expecting us to get for a frustrating, ineffective striker who was going to be out of contract in the summer. WGS doing us a wee favour there, I believe.

Now, we've got just under 4 hours to wrap things up. The English leagues have stopped trading now, but I reckon we can still snap up McLean and Paterson in the next 4 hours. And the money from Miller goes a long way to help fund these moves.

Bye bye Lee!

[move]                                                        :wave: :wave: :wave:

:wave:

:wave: :wave: :wave:

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

:wave:          :wave:

:wave:          :wave:

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

:wave: :wave: :wave:[/move]