Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Lee Miller: Will he stay or will he go?

Aberdeen striker Lee Miller has confirmed he could extend his Dons stay beyond the summer.

The 26-year-old hit-man is out of contract at the end of the season and had been tipped to leave.

However, Miller is enjoying his football at Pittodrie and has not ruled out signing new terms.

Enjoyment

"Yes, I'm enjoying my football just now," he told the Evening Express.

"It's good to do a job at Aberdeen just now but we will have to see what happens.

"I definitely haven't ruled out staying

Info:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11789_5893739,00.html

Views Thoughts? should we show him the door or try and keep him?

if we did show him the door who could step in ?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe he is just being cute here.

Close to transfer window shutting, no sign of his desired move, so better make some noises about staying and keep the fans on board.

Personally speaking I'd be happy enough if he stayed and signed new contract, but club can't afford to be held to ransom.

On his day I reckon he's one of the best forwards in the SPL, unfortunately his day doesn't come along too often.

If McGhee reckons he can get Miller to perform consistently to the level we know he's capable then I'd keep him.

I think we have to be clear about what we are looking for from Miller. He seems pretty effective at holding up play and distributing ball on the deck. He is not terribly effective at directing headers to other strikers though, although he can win ball in the air. He is not a prolific goalscorer and that is the bit that we have to either come to terms with and find a place in the team for it or get rid.

Having watched the way McGhee seems to want us to play (and I am rubbish at this stuff as I'm usually too pissed at games to focus on formations etc) we are lookign for the goals and direct attacking play to come from the angles through the likes of Paton, Aluko, Maguire and Mackie. Similar to what Hibs do with Riordan and Stokes. Very few teams have an out-and-out penalty box striker these days, the forward roles have a different requirement. When Miller is not in the position of winning through balls and holding the ball up then I think we struggle to break down defences that are content to play soak and counter football. For this reason I would keep him but put the expectation onto others to deliver goals.

I definitely haven't ruled out staying

sounds more like he's not wanting to burn bridges!

i personally think we should keep him but i'm not overly convinced that he wants to stay. sound more like he's just waiting for an offer from elsewhere but i'm only going on what i've read in the papers.

good on his day tho and lets be fair we ain't got anyone to replace him with :-\

To be honest, I don't want to see him in an Aberdeen shirt ever again.

I'm fed up of him.  :hammer:

While he was suspended, we were playing some good stuff keeping the ball on the deck, getting a few results, and then he comes back and we start lumping the ball up to him again.  Fair enough, that may be McGhee's fault if that's how we've to play when Miller is on the park, but I'd rather the decision was taken away from him.

Would somebody please take the lazy cunt away from Pittodrie.

To be honest, I don't want to see him in an Aberdeen shirt ever again.

I'm fed up of him.  :hammer:

While he was suspended, we were playing some good stuff keeping the ball on the deck, getting a few results, and then he comes back and we start lumping the ball up to him again.  Fair enough, that may be McGhee's fault if that's how we've to play when Miller is on the park, but I'd rather the decision was taken away from him.

Would somebody please take the lazy cunt away from Pittodrie.

We've had no fit wingers since he came back and I fail to see how you could call our performances against st mirren and killie 'playing some good stuff'

We played well the 2 games against hearts and he was a big factor in that.

I'm sick of people expecting him to be a different type of player. I wish he had the pace to run around like mackie and not therefore be unable to get back to the position we need him in, but he doesn't. He, like all almost every aberdeen player has serious flaws in his game but he plays is a big part for us when the rest of the team are up for doing the leg work and making use of his technical ability.

the pitch sounded in awful condition so maybe that had something to do with the doomed long ball tactics.

stop with the scapegoats people please!

We've had no fit wingers since he came back and I fail to see how you could call our performances against st mirren and killie 'playing some good stuff'

We played well the 2 games against hearts and he was a big factor in that.

I'm sick of people expecting him to be a different type of player. I wish he had the pace to run around like mackie and not therefore be unable to get back to the position we need him in, but he doesn't. He, like all almost every aberdeen player has serious flaws in his game but he plays is a big part for us when the rest of the team are up for doing the leg work and making use of his technical ability.

the pitch sounded in awful condition so maybe that had something to do with the doomed long ball tactics.

stop with the scapegoats people please!

He's hardly a scapegoat when he's been pish all of 2009.  He's the most frustrating player I've seen play for us in a very long time.  He's not trying at all and we are better off without him IMHO.

He is making Mackie look great at the moment.

Aye, Mackie who was shit and getting dogs abuse for a decade until 2 weeks ago.

Miller is shit when the rest are shit because he doesn't win the ball or send it forward. like i say, limited in what he is able to do. when the rest do their job though he can be great at the link up.

I just don't see what we can do without him other than have pacey players with poor passing ability and/or poor ball control up front meaning we boot it long just as often but don't have anyone to flick it on and so can't beat teams unless they play a high line. Yes when the passing's good and our very unfit wingers are on we could try opening teams up but we'd be awful just as often as now because our main problem is lack of determination or passing ability in almost all our players on most days.

I'm not saying Miller isn't as guilty as others in giving up on a game when behind, but i'm saying it matters less if he's like that than say, mcdonald, mulgrew, foster, kerr etc, because by the nature of miller's game. he could be a bystander for 89 minutes but with 1 spark of genius make a goal.

Agree with BB on this one, whilst there have been games where I have genuinely enjoyed Miller's contribution the fact remains he is a striker in a team that often plays 4-5-1 who seems to have no natural goalscoring instinct whatsoever.

ABERDEEN striker Lee Miller will leave the club for Middlesbrough today in a £500,000 move.

Mailsport can reveal the Dons and Scotland hitman will travel south today for a medical.

Riverside manager Gordon Strachan has been a long-time admirer of the player and is delighted to have concluded a deal.

Miller was out of contract in the summer and Dons boss Mark McGhee would have lost him for nothing at the end of the season.

The deal will give the Aberdeen gaffer some funds to strengthen his squad and he could make a move for Kilmarnock hitman Kevin Kyle.

The powerful frontman is unsettled at Rugby Park and McGhee would like to take him to Pittodrie to beef up his attack following Miller's departure.

£500,000?  Can someone please give the lazy bastard a run to the airport today?

Cheers.

From the BBC Gosip Page, Another possible transfer possibly scuppered by hearts. Possibly!!

Aberdeen striker Lee Miller will on Sunday move to Middlesbrough for £500,000 and Dons boss Mark McGhee could use the money to make a move for Kilmarnock's Kevin Kyle. (Sunday Mail)

New Hearts manager Jim Jefferies has refused to quell speculation that he will move for Kilmarnock striker Kevin Kyle. (Sunday Times)

Only problem is that we're not really leaving a lot of time to get someone in.

That's true, but (at the risk of sounding like fatjim) this season has been kind of written off as transitional, and the 500 thousand would help MM shape a squad for next season.

I'm certain we can continue to be hopelessly inconsistent for the remainder of the season without the services of Lee Miller.

I'd take ANY cash offer for Miller, especially if rumours are correct in suggesting that Boro are looking to offer around £500k for him. For someone who frustrates the hell out of the Red Army, doesn't have the most fantastic strikerate this season, and is also out of contract this summer, a £500k bid is something we simply cannot look past.

I just hope that any money we get from the sale of Miller goes straight back into McGhee's warchest, and not onto repaying any debts.