Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Hibs v Aberdeen (31/10/09)

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Words can't describe how unlucky we were on Saturday, Hibs struggled badly against 9 men and tbh I didn't think there was any danger we'd have lost that if we'd kept 11 men on the park.

I was feeling quite optimistic at half time although I suspected the ref was going to show a red card at some point, talk about card happy.

I was surprised to hear Ifil got the radio's MOM, I thought Foster was superb and deserved it more.

Lastly, why wasn't Nish booked at the end? I thought running into the crowd after scoring a goal was a bookable offence?  Like I said, the ref had a nightmare.

We never started playing untill we were down to 9 men and knew we HAD to fight, really dissapointed with kerr / mcdonald in the middle did nothing untill we were down to 9 men then they started to try - as too did miller.

Hibs arnt that great, certainly a team we should be beating.

Hopefully fyvie aint out for too long - he was everywhere in saturday again.

Lack of effort is a real fucking problem which really gets my blood boiling. These players are paid well and they don't fucking try. Lee Miller is a repeat offender. If we were losing games despite 110% put in by every player it would be a damn sight less of a bitter pill to swallow than getting beat because the players aren't fucking trying.

The players that can't be arsed should fuck off and let the youngsters in.

For me the main thing to take out of Saturday was as Stoney says the change in the attitudes of McDonald, Kerr and Miller once we went down to 9 men. Kerr had being having a shocker of a game even by his standards, with some dreadful passing giving the ball away on numerous occasions. If MK&M played with even 50% of the effort they did in the last 35mins of that game in a normal game it would be a vast improvement for them.

I would also agree with AllyS that Foster was more deserved of MOTM, not the best player in our team but played to the maximum of his ability for the whole game.

The reason I don't think Ifil deserved it was because the boy can't pass a ball. His distribution is woeful.  Solid in the tackle but needs to learn to stay composed and pick out a red shirt.

Happy enough with Ifill just getting rid of the ball to be honest, amount of goals i have seen us lose over the years gifted by our defence is shocking, same players that let Calderwood down are letting Mcghee down, but at least the guy is doing something about it.

Happy enough with Ifill just getting rid of the ball to be honest, amount of goals i have seen us lose over the years gifted by our defence is shocking, same players that let Calderwood down are letting Mcghee down,

Agreed.

but at least the guy is doing something about it.

What? Seriously.

Happy enough with Ifill just getting rid of the ball to be honest, amount of goals i have seen us lose over the years gifted by our defence is shocking, same players that let Calderwood down are letting Mcghee down, but at least the guy is doing something about it.

I disagree mate, every time he lumps it up the park he's just inviting the oppostion to come back at us.

I appreciate there are times when you simply have to welly it out the park but not when you have time to make a easy 5 yard pass. The longer we have the ball the more chance you have of pulling the opposition out of shape and finding gaps.

Ahh! I thought you meant McGhee was doing something about Kerr, McDonald and Miller and wondered what that was.

More youngsters getting a shot? Fa? Megginson, Smith, Stewart?

or

the boy Grimmer??

Slightly OT but noticed at the weekend Palace (or was it QPR) were trying to get clearance from the EFA to play a lad of 14.

See the incident at the top of London Road was that the lad who was slumped up against the black railings?  I went to ask if he was alright and this copper told me to go away there was nothing to see.  I said there`s no need for that I was just checking on the welfare of a fellow fan.  Maybe because I don`t wear my colours to games anymore he thought I was a normal member of the public being nosey I don`t know.  Didn`t make a big deal out of it from that point in case he arrested me or something stupid like that so walked off.

I`ve always been scared of fellow "supporters" with their acts of thuggery like the above and never feel safe at a tussle. As for the train palava now I know I`m justified in my decision to keep myself to myself when it comes to going to the match.

Many times I`ve thought about never attending another encounter and these sad times really get to me because I feel as though folk are spoiling my experience as I`m not there to help those special people who share the same love for a club whose impact on my exsistence can`t ever be questioned.  I wish people would just grow up and get a life.  It makes me ashamed to be a part of the human race.

Sorry for the rant guys I`m extremely upset because the sport should never be about things like this.

See the incident at the top of London Road was that the lad who was slumped up against the black railings?  I went to ask if he was alright and this copper told me to go away there was nothing to see.  I said there`s no need for that I was just checking on the welfare of a fellow fan.  Maybe because I don`t wear my colours to games anymore he thought I was a normal member of the public being nosey I don`t know.  Didn`t make a big deal out of it from that point in case he arrested me or something stupid like that so walked off.

I`ve always been scared of fellow "supporters" with their acts of thuggery like the above and never feel safe at a tussle. As for the train palava now I know I`m justified in my decision to keep myself to myself when it comes to going to the match.

Many times I`ve thought about never attending another encounter and these sad times really get to me because I feel as though folk are spoiling my experience as I`m not there to help those special people who share the same love for a club whose impact on my exsistence can`t ever be questioned.  I wish people would just grow up and get a life.  It makes me ashamed to be a part of the human race.

Sorry for the rant guys I`m extremely upset because the sport should never be about things like this.

Crikey, you'd never have lasted in the 80's, grow a pair  :o

nicked off mad:

fter e-mailing Hibs and Aberdeen I have received a reply from Hibs... I'm not posting the whole reply as it contains personal details but here's a couple of quotes.

"All available turnstiles were open for pay at the gate following agreement with Aberdeen FC. Despite being offered the opportunity by Hibernian, Aberdeen FC did not want to sell tickets in advance of the game.

A combination of the cash gates plus a late walk-up support resulted in queuing. Stewarding staff processed entry for the Aberdeen support as quickly as possible, and the majority of Aberdeen supporters gained access to the stadium by 3.15pm."

"The Club apologises to you and any supporter that experienced a delay in entering the stadium, and can confirm that future matches versus Aberdeen will be all-ticket for the visiting support."

@tsr - He makes a valid point, it's just a football match, there's no need for fans to be kicking lumps out of each other.  When you hear of a number of guys kicking into some guy on the deck it's a surprise you don't hear of more people dying or ending up in wheelchairs.

@tsr - He makes a valid point, it's just a football match, there's no need for fans to be kicking lumps out of each other.  When you hear of a number of guys kicking into some guy on the deck it's a surprise you don't hear of more people dying or ending up in wheelchairs.

I'm not arguing with your first point, I just think his valid point is overshadowed by whinging like a woman about it. Incidents like this are very rare at Aberdeen games to be feeling worried about it (assuming you were outwith the circle of people it concerned I mean).

I'm not arguing with your first point, I just think his valid point is overshadowed by whinging like a woman about it. Incidents like this are very rare at Aberdeen games to be feeling worried about it (assuming you were outwith the circle of people it concerned I mean).

They are not rare enough.

Yer fortunate dave.

Ive seen knives (charming rangers fans saying hello to me on the castlegate), broken bottles and in one instance a hibs fan getting almost the same treatment my fellow Glasgow red did on saturday.

This apparent rule of 'Scarfers are to be left alone' if it ever existed has been thrown out of the window now. Im not going to be rushing back to easter road anytime soon.