Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Hibs v Aberdeen (31/10/09)

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reports on mad that one of the aberdeen guys dressed up as sheep set on fire on the train in Fife and taken away in an ambulance badly burned.

Hi again

Jim's just been on the phone.

It was an Aberdeen fan who was set on fire by a Hibs fan apparently. The train was packed with supporters of Dundee, Hibs and Aberdeen, but he said it was a good atmosphere. The Hibs supporter was having a lark about and flicked either a lighted match or cigarette at the Aberdeen supporter and he caught fire. Jim said he was just 2 metres away from him as he was heading in his direction, looking for help. Everyone ran to the next carriage but all the doors and windows were locked with nowhere to go. Everyone crammed in together, then the man fell to the floor. People were throwing beer and other soft drinks over him to try and put out the fire, which they eventually did, thank goodness. Police are now all over the train and taking everyone's name and address before letting them off the train to catch another one home. The casualty is now on the way to hospital, and hopefully will make a good recovery.

I expect there will be a news report in the papers tomorrow.

DBF

throwing beer and soft drinks?????

Alcohol and caramelised sugar on a fire?????

At no point did it ever occur to anyone that stifling the flames with large coat etc would have put it out and potentially prevented further damage being inflicted?

This was a train full of drunken football fans...what the fuck do you expect?

This was a train full of drunken football fans...what the fuck do you expect?

I dont expect every single person to be pissed and I dont expect every single one of said drunken football fans to forget that alcohol is flammable.

Mind you considering the performance of the drunks on the grassmarket a few weeks back whose idea of helping an unconscious bleeding man in the middle of the road was to stand in a circle and scream 'what the fuck do we do' im probably expecting far too much

I dont expect every single person to be pissed and I dont expect every single one of said drunken football fans to forget that alcohol is flammable.

Mind you considering the performance of the drunks on the grassmarket a few weeks back whose idea of helping an unconscious bleeding man in the middle of the road was to stand in a circle and scream 'what the fuck do we do' im probably expecting far too much

Eh? Beer Flamable? Come on now, pure alchohol yes but beer?

Even Sambuca has to be warmed before it will ignite, and even that is just the fumes!!

To top things off we got jumped by a group of about 20 hibs casuals on London Road after the match.  Walking up, chatting to some hibs fan then all of a sudden a swarm of Hibs scum zeroed in on one of my mates who has ended up in hospital with a possible fractured cheek bone.  Not one of us was interested in fighting them yet they thought it fair game to put the boot into a guy lying on the floor. CUNTS.

The ever helpful police were nowhere to be seen till well after the event.  They informed us that 30 Aberdeen Casuals had been herded onto a train north pre-match but until then they hadn't been expecting any trouble so had no units looking out for Hibs and had to call in a load of coppers for overtime.  They also seemed to fail to notice a sizeable group of Hibs fans prancing about outside Middletons pre-match openly looking for "aberdeen".  This all from the same police force that pinned us up against a wall on the Royal Mile a couple of years ago for daring to walk through Edinburgh with Aberdeen scarfs and shirts. CUNTS

Glad to hear he is ok(ish)

cover_Nov%201.jpg

ffs this story just continues to grow legs, now suddenly a firework was involved.  Boy on Dundee Mad who was in the same carriage is saying it was a prank gone wrong and the hibs boys handed themselves over to the police straight away (see link http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=194&fid=100&sty=2&act=1&mid=2124037436 )

Headline News

Football fans blamed after firework stalls train for hours

Train chaos as man set on fire

By Paul Reoch

PASSENGERS on a train travelling from Edinburgh to Aberdeen last night described seeing “something like a horror movie†when a burning man ran past them.

As a result of his injuries, the 24-year-old was taken to the Accident and Emergency unit at Victoria Hospital in Kirkcaldy, where he is being treated for serious burns to his legs and arms.

The man, who was in fancy dress at the time, dressed as a sheep, was believed to be among a group of Aberdeen FC supporters travelling back from the capital following their 2-0 defeat to Hibernian FC.

It’s understood the incident was the result of a prank involving a firework.

A couple from Dundee were travelling back from Edinburgh and saw the man run past them.

The woman said, “It was frightening. Everyone was looking at him — just absolutely stunned that he was on fire.â€

Horror

A woman from Stonehaven commented, “This was like a scene from a horror movie.

“We were in the same coach as him and he was trying to hold on to anyone near him.

“He was dressed as a sheep and his whole costume was on fire.â€

A spokesperson for NHS Fife confirmed that the man was being treated for serious burns at Victoria Hospital in Kirkcaldy.

A woman from Markinch said rail crew were asking passengers if they had first-aid experience.

“I was told he had been playing a prank with a firework and had been accidentally set on fire,†she said.

The Cross Country Edinburgh to Aberdeen train stopped at Kirkcaldy Railway Station to allow ambulance staff to take the man to hospital and British Transport Police to carry out investigations.

Fire-hit

The incident caused chaos on the main east coast line.

Passengers on the National Express London to Aberdeen train, which left Edinburgh at 18.32, were forced to wait just outside Kirkcaldy for two hours before being allowed to continue their journey.

When it eventually reached Kirkcaldy, passengers who’d been on the fire-hit train were picked up.

Scores of passengers had been forced to wait at Kirkcaldy Station while police inquiries took place.

Amongst them were a group of around 30 Aberdeen FC supporters, many of whom declined to comment on the incident.

There were a large number of Aberdeen fans in fancy dress at the Easter Road match.

Many, celebrating Hallowe’en, were dressed as sheep.

British Transport Police are investigating the incident and a spokesman said two people had been detained as a result of their inquiries.

cover_Nov%201.jpg

ffs this story just continues to grow legs, now suddenly a firework was involved.  Boy on Dundee Mad who was in the same carriage is saying it was a prank gone wrong and the hibs boys handed themselves over to the police straight away (see link http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=194&fid=100&sty=2&act=1&mid=2124037436 )

I think I one one of the few people not to see that lad yesterday, in the cold light of day you have to say dressing up in cotton wool which is highly flammable as going to fitba you will be around folk smoking lots of the time. Plus nobody really thinks of the fisk of fire that much as most fibres are treated to be fire retardant. Hopefully he wont be too badly affected by this but by the sounds of it there will be some long term damage.

Feeling quite bad now as I was on the following train and we were singing "woooah your train is on fire" and ring of fire when the people form that train came onto ours.

According to the back page of the Sunday Post Fyvie was being scouted by Arsenal, Man City and Portsmouth yesterday.

Feeling quite bad now as I was on the following train and we were singing "woooah your train is on fire" and ring of fire when the people form that train came onto ours.

According to the back page of the Sunday Post Fyvie was being scouted by Arsenal, Man City and Portsmouth yesterday.

I hope he has a speedy recovery!

Re: Fyvie, was there not a few big names looking at him before Miller managed to sign him on pro terms? Any news on his injury?

sounds fucking horrific. Hope the lad is ok. From Dundee Mad:

Hi Dave

Jim was 2 metres away from the lad, an Aberdeen fan, who I now know was in fancy dress, dressed as a sheep apparently. Jim said his costume was covered all over with cotton wool balls, and they just went up when a Hibs fan larking about, flicked a lighter, and the cotton wool caught alight and spread quickly. The lad was in a panic and started running up the isle, 'a ball of flame', in Jim's words. Jim was out with a group of lads from his work on a hospitality day paid for by the company that built their offices. They were only on the train for 3 or 4 minutes, and couldn't find any seats, so they were walking through the carriages looking for seats when this happened. There was panic, everyone got up from their seats and headed away from this poor man in case he set them on fire as well. Lots of people pulled the communication cord to stop the train, but apparently every place where this was done locks up the train's braking system, and each had to be individually released before the train could be moved to a place for easier access for police and ambulance. The train was stuck for over half an hour before anyone could get on board. Doors and windows were locked, There was not enough air, and folk were choking with the smoke. Jim is home in bed asleep now, he got home after 10.00 p.m. He broke down in tears when he got home, seeing a burning man in front of you is something nobody wants to see. He just repeated this over and over, like he couldn't believe what actually happened, and what he saw. Everyone on the train had to give their name and address to the police, but he may not hear any more about it. I hope the lad will be o.k. but he will have awful memories about it. The Hibs fan gave himself up to police, but Jim didn't think he meant for things to turn out the way they have. He was larking about but it all went horribly wrong. I don't know what will happen to him now?

I think I one one of the few people not to see that lad yesterday, in the cold light of day you have to say dressing up in cotton wool which is highly flammable as going to fitba you will be around folk smoking lots of the time. Plus nobody really thinks of the fisk of fire that much as most fibres are treated to be fire retardant. Hopefully he wont be too badly affected by this but by the sounds of it there will be some long term damage.

really? pretty sure I wouldn't consider being set on fire on the train much of a risk when I set out to the football. You "shouldn't" be encountering smokers in the pub, ground or train, so to say you're around smokers lots of the time is shite in my opinion.

throwing beer and soft drinks?????

Alcohol and caramelised sugar on a fire?????

At no point did it ever occur to anyone that stifling the flames with large coat etc would have put it out and potentially prevented further damage being inflicted?

Christ almighty, if only donstalk's resident fire chief had been there. To expect a trainfull of people to consider the usefullness of the respective liquids before utilising them, and to describe a tin of lager as flammable, is fucking laughable.

http://www.dcthomson.co.uk/MAGS/POST/news1.htm

Train chaos as man set on fire

By Paul Reoch

PASSENGERS on a train travelling from Edinburgh to Aberdeen last night described seeing “something like a horror movie†when a burning man ran past them.

As a result of his injuries, the 24-year-old was taken to the Accident and Emergency unit at Victoria Hospital in Kirkcaldy, where he is being treated for serious burns to his legs and arms.

The man, who was in fancy dress at the time, dressed as a sheep, was believed to be among a group of Aberdeen FC supporters travelling back from the capital following their 2-0 defeat to Hibernian FC.

It’s understood the incident was the result of a prank involving a firework.

A couple from Dundee were travelling back from Edinburgh and saw the man run past them.

The woman said, “It was frightening. Everyone was looking at him — just absolutely stunned that he was on fire.â€

Horror

A woman from Stonehaven commented, “This was like a scene from a horror movie.

“We were in the same coach as him and he was trying to hold on to anyone near him.

“He was dressed as a sheep and his whole costume was on fire.â€

A spokesperson for NHS Fife confirmed that the man was being treated for serious burns at Victoria Hospital in Kirkcaldy.

A woman from Markinch said rail crew were asking passengers if they had first-aid experience.

“I was told he had been playing a prank with a firework and had been accidentally set on fire,†she said.

The Cross Country Edinburgh to Aberdeen train stopped at Kirkcaldy Railway Station to allow ambulance staff to take the man to hospital and British Transport Police to carry out investigations.

Fire-hit

The incident caused chaos on the main east coast line.

Passengers on the National Express London to Aberdeen train, which left Edinburgh at 18.32, were forced to wait just outside Kirkcaldy for two hours before being allowed to continue their journey.

When it eventually reached Kirkcaldy, passengers who’d been on the fire-hit train were picked up.

Scores of passengers had been forced to wait at Kirkcaldy Station while police inquiries took place.

Amongst them were a group of around 30 Aberdeen FC supporters, many of whom declined to comment on the incident.

There were a large number of Aberdeen fans in fancy dress at the Easter Road match.

Many, celebrating Hallowe’en, were dressed as sheep.

British Transport Police are investigating the incident and a spokesman said two people had been detained as a result of their inquiries.

YAS lol, I feel bad for laughing at that but hey yous weren't to know.

and Manc, apparrently the huns and reading were sniffing around him.