Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Stewart Milne

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's the scapegoat when people feel they can't blame the manager for something.

He's also very aware of what the public perception would be if he started throwing money at a football club at a time when he's laying off workers from his construction company.

He's the scapegoat when people feel they can't blame the manager for something.

He's also very aware of what the public perception would be if he started throwing money at a football club at a time when he's laying off workers from his construction company.

This is a football forum, take your realism elsewhere please. MILNE MUST GO EFF EFF ESS!!

There's not exactly a queue of folk looking to buy my motor off me but if I slap a For Sale sign on it then I dare say there would be.

The club is treading water and stale water at that.  It has been during his whole time at the club whilst his business has soared.

I'm pretty shite with my own finances so I couldn't get my head round how a team with a stadium that holds 12000, at £12 a ticket, which wasn't even half filled, could afford to buy players that could to comfortably fucked us in the arse to the tune of 8-1.

But I dare say Milne and his money men can't either because 'investment' isn't a word they'd be interested in using unless it was towards his own empire.

There's not exactly a queue of folk looking to buy my motor off me but if I slap a For Sale sign on it then I dare say there would be.

The club is treading water and stale water at that.  It has been during his whole time at the club whilst his business has soared.

I'm pretty shite with my own finances so I couldn't get my head round how a team with a stadium that holds 12000, at £12 a ticket, which wasn't even half filled, could afford to buy players that could to comfortably fucked us in the arse to the tune of 8-1.

But I dare say Milne and his money men can't either because 'investment' isn't a word they'd be interested in using unless it was towards his own empire.

I can't get my head round how Blackpool, with an average crowd of under 10k, can afford to pay players £8k a week?

People with the sort of cash needed to help us out know we'd be open to talks about takeovers/investment etc, it's hardly "news".

I can't get my head round how Blackpool, with an average crowd of under 10k, can afford to pay players £8k a week?

Television money.

If televison money is the answer to our financial problems then I hope we're angling for a fair share of the new deal.  By that I mean 1/12th unlike the O.F. monopolised deal they had before.

Of course I've got absolutely no faith that this will be the case and we'll be happy to accept the scraps laid out for us.

Would Milne stand for that in his building trade?

Would he fuck.

People with the sort of cash needed to help us out know we'd be open to talks about takeovers/investment etc, it's hardly "news".

Television money.

But the Championship has 24 teams and how much tv money do they get? Just checked £264m for a three year deal.So...

88m a year divided between 24 teams is just over £3.5m a year on average per team. Is this that much compared to what they are paying in wages?

But the Championship has 24 teams and how much tv money do they get? Just checked £264m for a three year deal.So...

88m a year divided between 24 teams is just over £3.5m a year on average per team. Is this that much compared to what they are paying in wages?

Because of where they are playing and what platform they are on (english teams on Sky) their sponsorship revenue will be far greater than ours, and that means from their shirt sponsors to the advertising hoardings round their pitch.  Also, the fact they are working in England where the transfer market is inflated means they also have the possibility of selling their players on for ridiculous fees.  We simply don't have those same opportunities.

Because of where they are playing and what platform they are on (english teams on Sky) their sponsorship revenue will be far greater than ours, and that means from their shirt sponsors to the advertising hoardings round their pitch.  Also, the fact they are working in England where the transfer market is inflated means they also have the possibility of selling their players on for ridiculous fees.  We simply don't have those same opportunities.

Thanks for explaining but isn't what they are spending at the moment unsustainable and when those sources dry up everyone will go bust?

How is it unsustainable and why would those sources dry up?  Unless of course you know something about Coca Cola that we don't.

If bskyb suddenly decide some big cost cutting measures and don't put the games on TV anymore...

Any team that has around 10k crowds and are spending £8k a week on wages is going to be pretty unsustainable. They only have one real source of money that is safe, which is there crowds. Everything else could easily stop.

If bskyb suddenly decide some big cost cutting measures and don't put the games on TV anymore...

Any team that has around 10k crowds and are spending £8k a week on wages is going to be pretty unsustainable. They only have one real source of money that is safe, which is there crowds. Everything else could easily stop.

No, basically.  There is absolutely no reason why "everything else could easily stop".  Sky TV is the main driver for the clubs and their sponsors, it is proven that in times of economic strife (such as now), people will stop going out to pubs/restaurants, stop going to the football, stop going to the theatre but they will not cut their home entertainment expenditure (i.e Sky, cable, video games etc). So while Sky TV thrive, and while the Championship et al thrive on Sky, the money will continue to flow into those leagues. Sorry, Andrew.

You may be right but where are you getting your evidence that people will not cut their home entertainment expenditure?

It has been on many finance programmes recently and in a few finance magazines/literature that we get in work (Asset Management company).  They may be wrong, but I'd doubt it.

All that aside and if I stop drinking Coca Cola as per glasgowdon's advice; How are a team, who play in a country where you can buy beer, a cross country train ticket, a match stub, a room for the night and still have enough left over to fill your mouth with goulash and boobies before you hit the hay or your wallet is even halfway empty; still able to smash your European hopes to death?

Surely to fuck Czech tv aren't paying that much for the rights?

Or are they?  :-\

It has been on many finance programmes recently and in a few finance magazines/literature that we get in work (Asset Management company).  They may be wrong, but I'd doubt it.

It was on the BBC the other day as well, they said people are not cutting back on their entertainment packages as they want to keep up with technology etc...They'd rather sacrifice food and holidays.

I can back that up too. Whilst people have cut back on their after-bill spending, two things that commonly do NOT get cut back on are peoples television subscriptions and peoples broadband connections.

Infact, a recent study by Epitiro highlights that international broadband subscriptions are actually on the rise during the recession. People can go to budget food brands and can find cheaper ways of getting to and from work. But when it comes to the crunch, we're reluctant to give up those luxuries that keep our sanity.

Pool's revenue up by 50%

Success on the pitch has helped Pool's revenue

BLACKPOOL FC upped their revenue to £7.42m for the financial year 2007-8, a recession-defying increase of 50 per cent on the previous 12 months.

That put the Seasiders in the top 10 earners among North West clubs, according to figures released today in the Deloitte Annual Review of Football Finance.

The cash boost from Pool's climb to Championship saw the take 10th spot, with Preston and Burnley just above them.

The figures also reveal the vast gulf between what Premier League teams compared to the the revenue received by Championship clubs and below.

The North West's 22 professional clubs generated revenue of around £790m in 2007/08, 32 per cent of the total £2.5billion revenue generated by the top 92 clubs in that season.

Aberdeen's turnover averaged around the £7m mark for the past 4 or 5 seasons, with the exception of the European run season (£12.5m). Apart from the clubs receiving EPL parachute cash (Newcastle, Sheff Utd etc) or with huge attendances (Leeds, Norwich, Notts Forest etc), Championship and League 1 clubs have similar (or smaller) incomes to us, Hearts, Hibs etc. So why are they more competitive than us? I would assume that it can only be one of two things; they are spending outwith their means, or they are receiving much higher transfer fees from EPL clubs. It's probably a bit of both. 

All that aside and if I stop drinking Coca Cola as per glasgowdon's advice; How are a team, who play in a country where you can buy beer, a cross country train ticket, a match stub, a room for the night and still have enough left over to fill your mouth with goulash and boobies before you hit the hay or your wallet is even halfway empty; still able to smash your European hopes to death?

Surely to fuck Czech tv aren't paying that much for the rights?

Or are they?   :-\

Because it's so cheap to live there that they can pay their players peanuts?  :-\

Er, "If Milne goes, AFC goes"

ok, If Milne stays AFC goes,

replace what players we have with, free transfers when contracts run out, soon we are a div 1 team, and get relegated, repeat until AFC dies.

The ONLY way for AFC to survive is to buy decent players and attract crowds, better product, better club, better players.

Trying to survive on fan base alone will see ANY club die.

It's common sense and to deflect it as "they can't blame the manager so they blame wiggy" is ridiculous nonsense.

Some people need to get with the real world, sadly a lot of them are AFC fans.