Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

McGhee Must Go

I would bet my hoose that if JC was still here with the same players at his disposal that we wouldnae have been horsed 5-1, would probably have been a boring, stifling 0-0 draw though...

Correct.  Also, if JC had played that defence we'd be tearing strips off him for a week.  Duff at centre half and Young at right back?  Give me a fucking break.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feel sorry for McGhee in a way as he has been left with some absolute dross to work with some of whom it was seen fit to give contract extensions to recently. However this does not excuse playing 433 tonight. It was cear on Saturday that the players we have cannot play this system and he should not have used it tonight especially when zander was ruled out.

McGhee can't play anything else. He's a fucking eejit.

Something myself and Sharpie pointed out last night was that this wouldn't have happened under JC. Yes, it probably wouldn't have been fun or interesting and probably down right suicidal (granted this was the latter), but it would not have been a 1-5 defeat at home. I hope to god McGhee gets some support from the board because we fucking need investment and they have been messing about for 2 years now in not replacing Anderson and now if it couldn't be any clearer, IS THAT TIME. You get what you pay for, and to be frank as soon as that lineup was announced we collectively went, oh oh, what the fuck. We need a right back and we need a centre half to play alongside Zander/support him when he's not playing! I'm embarrassed, and grateful I wasn't there.

AFC Board, wake the fuck up.  :hammer:

McGhee was on the radio (last night?) saying he has funding for 3-4 new players.

I heard that, but we have also heard conflicting reports, McGhee said the same amount of money was available at the time of signing and obviously the club had said that our budget wouldn't be affected by Sultana etc...but clearly the club have since altered that statement now. I know we're skint, but surely sometimes they've got to ask themselves, when does the cost of not investing overshadow the cost of investment?

Feel sorry for McGhee in a way as he has been left with some absolute dross to work with some of whom it was seen fit to give contract extensions to recently.

On the flip side of the coin.. if those players hadnt been re-signed we would in all probability been fielding a youth team last night as nae fucker will come to us..

On the flip side of the coin.. if those players hadnt been re-signed we would in all probability been fielding a youth team last night as nae fucker will come to us..

Correct. Calderwood had 'go to men' when he was struggling for signings, unfortunately most of them were shite but they were better than what we had in our youth ranks. McGhee seems to have fuck all.

I need to stop posting until I've calmed down about this or my dislike for McGhee is going to give me a fucking aneurysm.

Have to admit I have been pretty much fed up with the Dons since the middle of last season, when it became apparent - yet again - that we are really not much better than Hibs, Utd, Falkirk, Killie, Hamilton etc.

We were dull to watch and lost every 'make-or-break' type of game we played in.

We only just scraped into Europe - mainly by virtue of no other team being able to pull themselves together for a wee run of results.

Now we look like our Euro adventure is over before the season has begun. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn! Yet another 'make-or-break' type of game completely bottled by the same group of near incompetents that we pay hundreds or even thousands of pounds a week to 'play football'.

McGhee has done precisely nothing since his arrival to give us any reason for confidence in his reign. I have a feeling that he is going to turn out to have been a baaaaaaaad move.

Hope I end up eating my words, but he is looking like a dud (as well as a bit of a fud).

:

There is no denying that defensive line up looked a fucking disaster from the word go.  The problem that McGhee has inherited and further exacerbated is that we have lost a succession of solid defenders over the last few years and failed to replace any of them.  Looking at the bench it is arguable whether we even have 4 defenders capable of playing at 1st division level never mind back ups for when we get inevitable injuries.

I wasn't at the game, thank fuck, but it sounds like it was very much like a number of games over the last 2 years. Poor tactical decisions, horrific individual mistakes and a general lack of ability and belief.  I don't think that after a month in the job McGhee can be blamed about the piss poor ability of our team and the penchant for fucking up.  I did hope however that I would never again see such fucking disasters as Duff at CB and Young at RB again.....oh well.

I was very much of the opinion it was time for JC to go.  Whether in the long run that will turn out to be a foolish view point time will tell.  He however needs financial backing that we just do not have.  Sentanta imploding has had a bigger impact on our finances than I suspect most of us thought it would.  Paying off JC et al who had, in my opinion, been given excessively long contracts at precisely the worst possible time (even without hindsight), has hit us even harder.

McM has alot of work to do over the next 2 weeks.  I don't think I am exaggerating when I say we probably need 3 defenders, never mind anything else.  What is certain is that we cannot go into the SPL season with the squad we have.  It has been systematically stripped over that last 2 years with virtually no one of note brought in to replace those lost.  Most worryingly of all last night was not our defence but the back up on the bench.  Bar Maguire they had the sum total of about 3 appearances for the dons first team.

Mark will have a busy 2 weeks.

If those players were not on their ludicrously long contracts and had been freed instead then maybe MM would have would have had a bit more money to attract some decent players in.

If those players were not on their ludicrously long contracts and had been freed instead then maybe MM would have would have had a bit more money to attract some decent players in.

jimmy must have known he couldn't bring new players in, hence the reason he tried to maintain the squad he had.

You don't know what you've got till it's gone.

Once again, the board show how outrageously short-sighted they are.

WM was blabbing on about how important a good run in Europe would be to the club but absolutely no sign of "speculate to accumulate".

Now we have no European lure to try and get in the better band of targets.

So, unless we start paying fees and offering players better wages, we're going to struggle.

Also, we need to get our players with a year left signed up.

This has all the makings of a terrible year.

I never understood the people who berrated Clark and to a lesser extent Hart. They were good AFC players and we were naive if we thought we'd replace them.

I liked Clark but really questioned whether he was actually a man under all the fairy lights he wore. Hart is a guy we miss like hell and we have not brought in a RB to replace him, well not permanently and McGhee should get one in sharpish.

I liked Clark but really questioned whether he was actually a man under all the fairy lights he wore. Hart is a guy we miss like hell and we have not brought in a RB to replace him, well not permanently and McGhee should get one in sharpish.

To be honest, if it was a choice between Maybury and Hart I'd take Hart every day of the week.

If you're implying that he was a pussy I'm not sure I'd agree. I remember one game against The Hunnery when Hutton binned him. Not a word did Clark say until slightly later in the game then he binned him right back. It was blatant retribution but it was great to see. He made no attempt to play the ball - only Hutton. I think he put himself about more than he's given credit for.

If you're implying that he was a pussy I'm not sure I'd agree. I remember one game against The Hunnery when Hutton binned him. Not a word did Clark say until slightly later in the game then he binned him right back. It was blatant retribution but it was great to see. He made no attempt to play the ball - only Hutton. I think he put himself about more than he's given credit for.

That is the only occasion I saw Clark show a bit of bottle. I quite liked Clark, even though he was a pansy and pretty infuriating at times, but one show of bottle in 8 years or whatever it was isn't really an indicator that he was the next Peter Nicholas...

We haven't replaced Hart, Anderson, McNaughton, Seve, ...I'm sure the list goes on.

As I said we need atleast 2, probably 3 defenders, and that's before we worry about our strike force.

But then we have needed 2 defenders ever since Hart and Anderson left, so I'm not holding my breath.

The one and only time he did it.

Clark is/was a superb tackler, he didn't do it often enough particularly in the middle of the park. He had a shot when he had the notion too but yet again seemed to lack conviction with it. A player I very much liked though.

Total agreement BB btw the way.