Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons Managment Team Moves On - Official

Well what evidence is there that Mark McGhee, for instance, would do better than what we have in the last 5 years?

There isn't, is that a reason to continue with the status quo?  (I don't want McGhee, I just think it's a bit pointless talking about that when we'll never have the answer)

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a bit mixed about this. I think as bobo said, I think he's done a fantastic job and stabilised the club we love after many years of uncertainty and underachievement. He's left the club with solid foundations and I think its better now than during the season. It now gives the club time to make (and I hope they've already sounded out) a suitable replacement. We needed to freshen something up because I think even JC felt he'd taken the club as far as he could. I just hope the board along with Willie Miller make the right choice. WM made the right choice with JC and I hope that they do the same again. Thank you very much Mr Calderwood and Mr Nichol, you have provided me with some of the greatest memories whilst being an Aberdeen fan and done a lot for the club. For that I thank them both and wish them both the best!  :thumbsup:

It now gives the club time to make (and I hope they've already sounded out) a suitable replacement.

I think they probably have someone lined up already.

The speed of events after today's game would suggest this is the case.

I  agree that he has steadied the club and brought back respectability, but, the standard of football has been pretty dire for some time.

I for one won't be shedding any tears over their departure.

I  agree that he has steadied the club and brought back respectability, but, the standard of football has been pretty dire for some time.

Today though we played some lovely stuff, particularly at the start. This frustrates me because we're clearly capable of it, so why aren't we doing it on a more regular basis?

Today though we played some lovely stuff, particularly at the start. This frustrates me because we're clearly capable of it, so why aren't we doing it on a more regular basis?

Maybe the players weren't allowed to do it all the time? 

That in itself was my major thorn if only thorn in JC's tenure. We can and are clearly capable of playing football properly and taking the game to teams, we just didn't do it anywhere enough. Had we done it, I don't think/though can't say for certain obviously, we would have lost those cup games. But thats all a matter of opinion and in the past now. The next week shall be very interesting.

I am sad to see a likeable guy go, but as above standard has been dire for a long while except couple of euro performances. Never seemed able to have a real go at lesser opponents and thet has to lie with the manager.

Also loving the use of " bandwaggoners ". Spot on description. I want to see my team attack week in and week out with ball on deck, when did we last see that? Too many happy to plod along in mediocrity for fear of failure.

p.s seen Wolfsburg won bundesleague, this is what we should aspire to become, bayern etc couldn't stop them so less of the money pish

Ok don't shoot the messenger but apparently there is a very strong rumour going around that William Miller will take over himself and Craig Robertson will be his assistant.

I've never hoped more to be wrong, but only passing it on guys

I am sad to see a likeable guy go, but as above standard has been dire for a long while except couple of euro performances. Never seemed able to have a real go at lesser opponents and thet has to lie with the manager.

Also loving the use of " bandwaggoners ". Spot on description. I want to see my team attack week in and week out with ball on deck, when did we last see that? Too many happy to plod along in mediocrity for fear of failure.

p.s seen Wolfsburg won bundesleague, this is what we should aspire to become, bayern etc couldn't stop them so less of the money pish

So far wide of the mark it's not even funny. If you want a comparison look at AZ in Holland