Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons Managment Team Moves On - Official

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I may not be JC's biggest fan but I do think that he has done a good job.

I would like to see Eric Black but I'm sure that he said something a couple of years back that he was looking to have considerable experience before thinking of coming to Aberdeen.  What considerable means I've no idea.

Maybe Fergie will want to leave Man United on a high after he defeats Barcelona on Wednesday   :thumbsup:

I've always though about that. This might be the reason why JC is leaving to let Alex Ferguson go out on a high at Man Utd so he can come here.

I think suggestions that this has happened because of the hat or anything else on the net is rather wide of the mark.  By all means, it may not have helped, but he would have gone after last season and the QOTS fiasco if that was the case.  I hate the expression, but if things are to be believed, he "lost the dressing room" some time ago.  There's no way back after that.

Jimmy has done a more than respectable job at Aberdeen. I do think it's gotten a bit stale though and a change of pastures new would be best for both sides. The thought of a new manager and the changes we are about to experience is exciting but knowing our club we'll fuck this up spectacularly.

Just recieved a text saying that Eric black is hot favourite to take over, looking forward to the next few hours/days.

The "Don't Let the Door Hit You..." thread on KKK-Shat is a fucking disgrace. You can't celebrate an achievement by someone that you want to go.

Really winding me up now.

We don't want Mark McGhee.

Looks like he's off, cheers for steadying the ship and giving us some great trips to Europe.  :thumbsup:

Do we know if he's leaving or getting the boot?  Surely the later is going to cost some dosh?

Just got a text from somebody saying he's off to Utrecht!?

Just hope we don't get somebody in that's worse.

Aberdeen Football Club has announced that manager Jimmy Calderwood, along with assistants Jimmy Nicholl and Sandy Clark have left the Pittodrie by mutual consent after five years in charge.

Pittodrie Director of Football Willie Miller commented, "On behalf of everyone at the Club, I would like to thank Jimmy, Jimmy and Sandy for the substantial contribution they have made in stabilising things over the past five years, including of course, qualification again for Europe this afternoon. When they arrived there was a massive rebuilding task required and subsequently we have seen the fruits of their efforts with regular top six finishes in the league and a return to Europe, notably the fantastic run two seasons ago which saw us reach the last thirty-two of the UEFA Cup. While the absence of a domestic trophy continues to be a source of frustration for everyone connected with AFC, the three of them can be proud of what they have achieved and we wish them every success for the future."

Jimmy Calderwood added, "Aberdeen is such a wonderful club and I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here, as indeed have Jimmy and Sandy. However, after five seasons, I feel the time is right for a fresh challenge. I'm moving on with so many happy memories of the Club and the area and I would like to thank the fans for their support as the vast majority have been fantastic. I would also wish Aberdeen Football Club all the very best for the future and I depart knowing my successor will have a solid platform from which to move forward including the return of European football next season."

'Mutual consent' . For the love of fuck.

Oh well, onwards and upwards.  :-\

When I was sent the text that they'd been fired at about half 3 I said then they'll use mutual consent. Willie and JC are pals after all so will be doing him a bit of a favour I suppose.

Possibly a manager who can see how bad mackie and foster really are and who can bring in a couple of half decent players

Craig levein?

Well said but will some of the bandwagoners on here still be saying "we cant get better" or maybe the classic "mackie is the best we have"

How are they going to look forward to having a new manager if they think he cant do better

Well said but will some of the bandwagoners on here still be saying "we cant get better" or maybe the classic "mackie is the best we have"

How are they going to look forward to having a new manager if they think he cant do better

Because the ship is steady and we have all seen what a fuck up AFC have made of replacing Mangers in the past.

None of the names mentioned are getting me excited, although to be fair I was not mega excited when JC was announced but was proved wrong.

I will be delighted if a new man comes in finishes higher up the league and wins a trophy, but all I feel is dread at this time.