Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Another chance for the rich and wannabe's of the Granite City to schmooze in style... why do the club never organise socials that are more inclusive to most fans. It's always swanky tuxedo formals - totally out of touch with the majority of the fan base. >:D

http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/clubNewsDetail/0,,10284~1614699,00.html

They should have held it at the darts in a few weeks :thumbsup:

• 4 months later...
Totally out of touch with the majority of the fan base. >:D

Wish I had that sort of money, two cracking speakers.

£125 a head?

Doesn't seem that steep to me.

You'll easily spend that in town on a Leo Sayer.

Pub lunch, few pints, cheeky punt at the bookies, chip supper, strippers, onto the shorts, nightclub, kebab, taxi hame.

£125 a head?

Doesn't seem that steep to me.

You'll easily spend that in town on a Leo Sayer.

Pub lunch, few pints, cheeky punt at the bookies, chip supper, strippers, onto the shorts, nightclub, kebab, taxi hame.

Aye if you leave out the trip to the bookies and strippers!

£125 is fairly good value for money for this sort of thing, considering its a fundraiser too.  ???

What are AFC supposed to organise that is inclusive for the majority of the fan base? A ruck at the Douglas Hotel car park?

I got a freebie invite to this last year but couldn't make it, hopefully this year too.  :thumbsup:

Aye if you leave out the trip to the bookies and strippers!

Even still, you're talking close to a ton.

You'll be getting a 3 course meal and get to listen to two high profile football men entertaining you for an evening.  I'm surprised it's only 125 quid, in fact, how much cheaper do you honestly think you could pull that off for?

Damned if they do, damned if they don't if you ask me.

£125 is fairly good value for money for this sort of thing, considering its a fundraiser too.  ???

What are AFC supposed to organise that is inclusive for the majority of the fan base? A ruck at the Douglas Hotel car park?

I got a freebie invite to this last year but couldn't make it, hopefully this year too.  :thumbsup:

:lolabove:

Even still, you're talking close to a ton.

You'll be getting a 3 course meal and get to listen to two high profile football men entertaining you for an evening.  I'm surprised it's only 125 quid, in fact, how much cheaper do you honestly think you could pull that off for?

Damned if they do, damned if they don't if you ask me.

I don't have a problem with how much they are charging, I have a problem with me funding it.

Once you add on drinks, strippers, bookies and a kebab on to the price of the evening it'll be well over £200!

:lolabove:

That or a sponsored run.

Guest fatshaft

:clap:

I'm nae saying they shouldn't have this event altogether - just that they could do other things as well. It doesn't have to be either or. Something like a race night or something along those lines - maybe just once or twice a year. Maybe they could put on a Christmas party for folks kids, or a poker tournament, a ceilidh, a rave night? There's plenty things they could do! Might nae make as much in fundraising but would help improve relations with the fans. They wouldn't need to hire expensive guest speakers or anything like that. Something cheap and cheerful with the booze flowing. The club shouldn't just be about making money for itself. It should also give something back for the time and money the community spend on them.

When the club and fans seem more separated than ever, things should be done to make the club part of the community.

Pretty fair point. Club do need to more to engage with the supporters.