Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Thank you and Goodbye / Calderwood's position untenable

Hughes speakes more shit than JC!!!

I would like to think that Aberdeen wouldn't be looking for someone who is managing a side second bottom of the SPL.

Why would you want to see spell-binding football not seen since the Brazil team of the 70's when it gets you no further/worse off than where Aberdeen are currently sitting?

JC won't walk and he won't be sacked.

Can't even remotely agree. Hughes appears to me to be a straight talking but very honest guy. Whether he talks pish or not isn't the issue, it's whether he could do anything with the squad he would have.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where were all you people after the game? I headed to outside the Main Stand hoping for a protest about JC. Only a "Jimmy GTF" for about 30 seconds though.

I used to be quite like JC before today. However now with 5 cup embarrassments, just of the top of my head, since he has been here is just a joke.

Well this is all hypothetical isn't it?

Judging from Falkirk, I think I'll stick with JC over JH.

Of course it's hypothetical, and I'm not saying Hughes is the man. I do think, however, on paper at least, he would have a better squad of players with us than he currently has.

Aye, you were right all along Jute! You just knew this moment was gonna happen and some have had a hard on for the possibility. I am certain no-one had the opinion just mentioned about Calderwood, the folk who have wanted rid of him would love to think that. I am sure most were well aware of the inadequacies of Calderwood but yeah, he is god! Dear fucking Christ.

I did not want to be right I want Aberdeen to win every week and would have loved to have been wrong about Calderwood and there were even times where I thought I was but sadly in the end what I feared about him was proved correct.

As for the comment about some folk on the board if that was not true why was it that anyone who posted an alternative point to the JC is great view was without fail ridiculed and attacked?

Of course it's hypothetical, and I'm not saying Hughes is the man. I do think, however, on paper at least, he would have a better squad of players with us than he currently has.

Of course he would have a better squad of players but as I said earlier, that if the time has come for the Board to take action (which I don't think they will), I would hope that they would look at someone who isn't currently at the helm of a team, even if that team is playing the best football that will ever be seen, that is languishing at the bottom of the table.  

As for the comment about some folk on the board if that was not true why was it that anyone who posted an alternative point to the JC is great view was without fail ridiculed and attacked?

Bollocks. As has been noted a vast number of times, most sensible fans are somewhere in between the supposed JMG/JIG camps. It just happens that a number of posters on this site are willing to question JMGers on their views.

After tonight, there are going to be a fair number of fans veering towards the supposed JMG camp (myself included, if not now then at the end of the season.) However, I think it's fucking pathetic that people will now crawl out to vindicate themselves - "Look at me, I was right all along!!"

I can't be bothered scrolling back but someone said we are not in a position to attract a top manager.

So what do we do? Sit back and accept our lot? No ambition, accept we can never push forward?

Like where it's the managers job to motivate the players on the field, it's the directors job to convince prospective managers we have an ambitous club worth considering coming to.

Every result like tonights, against lower opposition, means we have less and less chance of attracting players or managers. You have to try and stop the rot somewhere.

Pretty much sums up my feelings on the matter, been sitting on the fence for a while now regarding JC, but tonight just shows that once again this team doesn't have any bottle to win the make or break games.  We should have coasted this match, but a combination of poor attitude, poor tactical decisions,  lack of bottle , big players totally losing form etc has once more crippled us. We will never get a more straight forward run to a final, and its criminal that we haven't taken advantage of that.

Should by rights be furious about the result/performance/entire match but even more worryingly im not, its more apathy than anything.

After tonight JC's shelf life is rapidly expiring, along with a fair few of the "senior" players at this club.

Totally concur

I think the word that sums this all up is apathy. Yes I'm gutted that we're out, but in all honesty I have this gut feeling that even if we'd made it through tonight we'd have screwed it up against Falkirk. No disrespect to any of the teams we've faced & to Falkirk, but could you honestly ask for a more favourable route to a final??

And I hate to pose more negative thoughts here guys, but you're all talking of finishing 3rd/4th. Our next 2 games are away to Hibs (where we have an amazing ability to chuck leads) and away to Motherwell- both of these teams are tucked right behind us. Next up is ICT who you may have noticed are fighting for their lives & picking up points..... and right after that a wee trip to Parkhead. Not sure about anyone else, but I'm not overly confident we're gonna be in the right part of the league to worry about Europe come the split.

[i refuse to use the phrase "top six" as this is seen as some sort of achievement if it is "won"]

Do I think JC has had his time? YES! Tonight was the last straw. Sometimes you've just gotta go route one & get a big guy up there- and play either Mackie or Maguire off of Wright hoping to use their pace for flick ons. Smith was bloody awful- continually trying to beat a player too many! Just seemed to me that when Wright did eventually come on it was for the wrong uy. Aluko is the only player we have capable of getting to the byeline & getting a ball over.

Don't think there is any chance Calderwood will go before the season ends, but I'm hopeful that we'll have a fresh face in for next season. I could just about handle the level of pish he spouts in the press & hios Rangers love-ins if he succeeded in his role.... and by that I don't mean pushing for the league & a cup win every season or so. In 5 seasons, we've qualified for Europe once & I've lost count of the cup embarassments.

This bafoon was talking himself up recently & linking himself with jobs here & there. Do us a favour Jimmy & get tae.... please!

I have said it before but one of the biggest problems at the club is that Seve is club captain.

No drive, no motivation and no willingness to roll up his sleeves when the going gets tough.

Total wage thief who should have been out on his ear a long, long time ago.

I have said it before but one of the biggest problems at the club is that Seve is club captain.

No drive, no motivation and no willingness to roll up his sleeves when the going gets tough.

Total wage thief who should have been out on his ear a long, long time ago.

totally agree, let him go in the summer and free up the £3k plus a week he's on,

also get rid of young, foster,considine, calderwood,sandy clark, j nicholl, and possibly smith(just to free up the money) as you could get a better plaer for the wages he's on

Ok, new day, sun is splitting the sky down here, but despite it the hurt is even greater this morning than it was last night.

Just couldn't bring myself to come on here last night or the pills might have been taken.

As so many have said previously there was a real sense of inevitability about it all last night, if not pre match, then certainly by the time we got to half time having created the square root of fuck all.

My hopes of Europa League football are all but extinguished, as just can't us making it via league position, I'm not even that confident we'll actually make top six yet.

I've defended JC many many times, but same as others feel that last night was just one embarassment too many, and it is probably time up for him. Not sure that the time is right now, but a big call is required at season end.

Going to be a long day ::)

Most who made their opinions known on Calderwood did it in such a way that fully merited ridicule. The thing is, the longer you say it the more chance there is of it coming true and the utter fucking self righteousness when we lost under Calderwood was nothing short of moronic. As I said a couple of weeks back I really wonder why some folk bother going, they contribute very little but negativity and are conspicuously quiet when we succeed at anything. Results change things though and the mounting history of needless cup defeats has definitely swayed me, I'm fairly certain we have a reasonable wee group of players but there is clearly something amiss with the mentality of a team that does this with such established regularity. The manager is het for that. But with football managers I guess the longer you say a manager should go, the bigger your chances of being proved right as most get the bullet. I am fucking gutted, totally fucking miserable but not because JC has pished on his chips but because the team I support is out of the cup to fucking muppets and my team seem not to have given a fuck.  JC like the players is only temporary. Good managers will want to come to us.

Most who made their opinions known on Calderwood did it in such a way that fully merited ridicule. The thing is, the longer you say it the more chance there is of it coming true and the utter fucking self righteousness when we lost unde Calderwood was nothing short of moronic. As I said a couple of weeks back I really wonder why some folk bother going, they contribute very little but negativity and are conspicuously quiet when we succeed at anything. Results change things though and the mounting history of needless cup defeats has definitely swayed me, I'm fairly certain we have a reasonable wee group of players but there is clearly something amiss with the mentality of a team that does this with such established regularity. The manager is het for that. But with football managers I guess the longer you say a manager should go, the bigger your chances of being proved right as most get the bullet. I am fucking gutted, totally fucking miserable but not because JC has pished on his chips but because the team I support is out of the cup to fucking muppets and my team seem not to have given a fuck.  JC like the players is only temporary, like the players. Good managers will want to come to us.

:thumbsup:

Good post TF

Most who made their opinions known on Calderwood did it in such a way that fully merited ridicule. The thing is, the longer you say it the more chance there is of it coming true and the utter fucking self righteousness when we lost unde Calderwood was nothing short of moronic. As I said a couple of weeks back I really wonder why some folk bother going, they contribute very little but negativity and are conspicuously quiet when we succeed at anything. Results change things though and the mounting history of needless cup defeats has definitely swayed me, I'm fairly certain we have a reasonable wee group of players but there is clearly something amiss with the mentality of a team that does this with such established regularity. The manager is het for that. But with football managers I guess the longer you say a manager should go, the bigger your chances of being proved right as most get the bullet. I am fucking gutted, totally fucking miserable but not because JC has pished on his chips but because the team I support is out of the cup to fucking muppets and my team seem not to have given a fuck.  JC like the players is only temporary, like the players. Good managers will want to come to us.

Agree. I didn't want to post last night because I was full of the rage. I think earlier on in the season (probably post Killie I think it was) I thought he should be given at least till the end of the season. Now I think that he has to go then. I wasn't a jmg or jig guy but now I think he has no choice but to go.  The thing is, I know he won't "I owe it to the fans to stay etc...." I'm fucking raging still. Said this on MAD the other week, I think JN would be an ideal manager. It is his time to step up to the plate, but I don't know if some fans will take to him either  :-\

Big deep breath.

I said at the start of the season he needed to win something, he wont now so I do think his time is probably up. However, in my opinion, he can walk away with our thanks in that he steadied the ship.

One of my biggest fears about JC leaving is the ability of our board to pick an adequate replacement. Judging on past performance, JC aside, we''ll end up as relegation fodder within 18 months.

I hat eto say it but better the devil you know?

So why pick him out then?  I don't understand that.  Jamie Smith got as shit service as Sone did, but did less, in my opinion, why not hammer him?  He's a more experienced player who should deliver more regularly, no?

I picked him out because I was led to believe he had missed a sitter. Having spoken to my old man this morning he told me that it wasn't as clear cut as I had been told but he should have hit the target. I also said he wasn't the worst player out on the pitch.

As you said Smith was terrible last nihgt. But we had an inability to hit the ball within 30 yards of goal against (which I only noticed last night) a fucking midget in goals. From 60 minutes onwards it probably should have been shoot on sight. But as they say, hindsights a wonderful thing.

Couldn't bring myself to post last night after so reflection (and watching the game again) i have realised -

How much we rely on Lee Miller, i thought he was having a good year but didn't realise just how much of a hole there was without him.

I genuinely don't blame the players for poor passing, aluko for that finish etc etc - it was the pitch, sky showed that the ball bobbled every time someone went to kick the ball, shocking - simply unable to play the football needed to get aluko/maguire/smith/mackie into the game.  What's not acceptable was Jimmy not realising this and keeping our only other target man (wright) on the bench until 15mins to go.

Why take off maguire/aluko?  Yeh they weren't playing particularly well but how many others were?  At home with half hour left i'd expect a defender or one of the 2 defensive midfielders to be sacrificed not guys who can turn a game regardless of how poor they may have played.

How little i care about the cup!  Yeh its'a good day out but tbh we put far too much onus on it, these days it's pretty worthless other than another way into europe.  Can someone tell me the stastics from those entered into Europe via the cup in the last 5/10 yrs and their records in europe?

Whether we want a change, deem a change required, expect a change or demand a change - it can't happen to the end of the season so we have to get behind the management and players to try get into to europe to give the incoming management team a decent wedge to rebuild.

I have never been part of the 'Jimmy must go' Brigade, until now.

For him to stand in that dugout last night, and watch us punt endless amounts of high passes to Mackie and McGuire, who didn't win a single high ball the whole night, without making a change early enough to make a difference was an absoloute disgrace.

We could all see that the pitch would not allow passing on the ground - I accept that. So we had to play a lot of high balls. But the only forward player we had available last night who could win the high balls and bring the other striker/midfielders into play was Tommy Wright, and Calderwood gives him the last 15 out of 120 minutes to do something. Tommy won lots of high balls in that time, and was available in the box for Smith and Aluko to cross the ball in for him. Well you'd think he would leave both wingers on to provide him some service, but no. He takes Aluko off and not Mackie - there is just no excuse for that. Aluko was clearly still full of running, and Mackie had done NOTHING the whole game. Incredible.

Wright should. have been on with at least 20 mins of normal time to go, and I'm positive we would have got a gola and won the match.

Couldn't bring myself to post last night after so reflection (and watching the game again) i have realised -

How much we rely on Lee Miller, i thought he was having a good year but didn't realise just how much of a hole there was without him.

I genuinely don't blame the players for poor passing, aluko for that finish etc etc - it was the pitch, sky showed that the ball bobbled every time someone went to kick the ball, shocking - simply unable to play the football needed to get aluko/maguire/smith/mackie into the game.  What's not acceptable was Jimmy not realising this and keeping our only other target man (wright) on the bench until 15mins to go.

Why take off maguire/aluko?  Yeh they weren't playing particularly well but how many others were?  At home with half hour left i'd expect a defender or one of the 2 defensive midfielders to be sacrificed not guys who can turn a game regardless of how poor they may have played.

How little i care about the cup!  Yeh its'a good day out but tbh we put far too much onus on it, these days it's pretty worthless other than another way into europe.  Can someone tell me the stastics from those entered into Europe via the cup in the last 5/10 yrs and their records in europe?

Whether we want a change, deem a change required, expect a change or demand a change - it can't happen to the end of the season so we have to get behind the management and players to try get into to europe to give the incoming management team a decent wedge to rebuild.

He was knackered.

I have never been part of the 'Jimmy must go' Brigade, until now.

For him to stand in that dugout last night, and watch us punt endless amounts of high passes to Mackie and McGuire, who didn't win a single high ball the whole night, without making a change early enough to make a difference was an absoloute disgrace.

We could all see that the pitch would not allow passing on the ground - I accept that. So we had to play a lot of high balls. But the only forward player we had available last night who could win the high balls and bring the other striker/midfielders into play was Tommy Wright, and Calderwood gives him the last 15 out of 120 minutes to do something. Tommy won lots of high balls in that time, and was available in the box for Smith and Aluko to cross the ball in for him. Well you'd think he would leave both wingers on to provide him some service, but no. He takes Aluko off and not Mackie - there is just no excuse for that. Aluko was clearly still full of running, and Mackie had done NOTHING the whole game. Incredible.

Wright should. have been on with at least 20 mins of normal time to go, and I'm positive we would have got a gola and won the match.

Wright should have started.