Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Thank you and Goodbye / Calderwood's position untenable

No more excuses he has to go now while we have a chance of making europe through the league. Hopefully we will get a boost from the new manager coming in to get us into 4th. That said whoever comes in is going to have some right dross to work with most of it signed and kept on by a man that most on here until a few hours ago said was the best thing since sliced bread.

Same as Butcher at Inverness then  :-\

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually so angry i'm close to tears. Have to agree with BB and TF. Wasn't a member of either camp, but tonight may have been the final nail in Jimmy's coffin.

What pissed me off the most was the absolute bile poured his way from most of the crowd after he took Aluko off. What did Sone do tonight? Several times he could have played someone through and kept the ball to beat the man again. One of my mates phoned my other mate to tell him Alukos chance at the end was a complete sitter and was hitting the corner flag before it was blocked?

Why did Foster put his pen in exactly the same place as Seve? Why did we play the long ball to Maguire all night when he was clearly getting the better of their players when he had it on the deck?

The players don't deserve the amount of support they had tonight. All stanjds looked pretty full apart from the Merkland.

Think Jimmys position has finally become untenable.

No more excuses he has to go now while we have a chance of making europe through the league. Hopefully we will get a boost from the new manager coming in to get us into 4th. That said whoever comes in is going to have some right dross to work with most of it signed and kept on by a man that most on here until a few hours ago said was the best thing since sliced bread.

You honestly think getting a new manager in now will give us a better chance of getting third?

Really dont know about this. Always have been a supporter of JC EVEN after THAT Semi final last year but cant decide if i'd be glad to see him offski or not.

I wouldnt be surprised if there is a press conference tomorrow at some point to say whats happening managerial wise

Aye, you were right all along Jute! You just knew this moment was gonna happen and some have had a hard on for the possibility. I am certain no-one had the opinion just mentioned about Calderwood, the folk who have wanted rid of him would love to think that. I am sure most were well aware of the inadequacies of Calderwood but yeah, he is god! Dear fucking Christ.

Look at every season he's had at Killie. Start well and fade away at Christmas.  he's a joke of a manager living on his press mates. His "big job" was Hearts.  He's a fanny. Fuck that.

And i reckon at a club with more resources he would do a lot better.  Killie have been consistently punching above their weight since jeffries took over.  Clearly we arn't going to agree on this BB but i will ask you this,  If you had to choose between them, JJ or JC?  

What pissed me off the most was the absolute bile poured his way from most of the crowd after he took Aluko off. What did Sone do tonight? Several times he could have played someone through and kept the ball to beat the man again. One of my mates phoned my other mate to tell him Alukos chance at the end was a complete sitter and was hitting the corner flag before it was blocked?

That pissed me off too, Aluko was shockingly bad tonight and deserved to be hooked.

Christ if we had any sort of squad there's half of tonight's team be facing the axe for the weekend if it was left up to me

And where the fuck were Mackie and Smith when it came to penalties???

Was about to say the same where was Mackie Smith and Wright???? The subs tonight was a fucking joke there was so many players tonight that couldn't care but the buck stops with the manager. Wright should have been on earlier than he was, if he was as good as JC said right at the start of the season when we paid good money for him.  :hammer: :hammer:

One of my mates phoned my other mate to tell him Alukos chance at the end was a complete sitter and was hitting the corner flag before it was blocked?

Can't say it was a 'complete sitter' as such. Took one touch too many and kind of sliced it.

Was going well wide before the defender blocked it.

To be honest i dont know whether to laugh or cry as i have wanted rid of blunderwood all season

But not this way i was so looking forward to taking my 2 sons to the cup final (i know i should not have presumed anything)

I cant get my head around taking aluko off when we were pushing for a goal through a packed penalty box imo he is one player we needed in that situation.

why not swap wright for mackie or at a push smith who did not pass a man all night..

That pissed me off too, Aluko was shockingly bad tonight and deserved to be hooked.

Christ if we had any sort of squad there's half of tonight's team be facing the axe for the weekend if it was left up to me

Presume you didn't make it to the game ED? Was Alukos chance as easy as my mate made it out to be?

a man that most on here until a few hours ago said was the best thing since sliced bread.

Surely you cant honestly believe most people on here thought that?

Until tonight I was very much of the impression that while most weren't calling for his head for the last few months they certainly didn't think he was some god like figure.

Tonight could well prove to be the straw that broke the camels back though...

Actually so angry i'm close to tears. Have to agree with BB and TF. Wasn't a member of either camp, but tonight may have been the final nail in Jimmy's coffin.

Why did Foster put his pen in exactly the same place as Seve? Why did we play the long ball to Maguire all night when he was clearly getting the better of their players when he had it on the deck?

The players don't deserve the amount of support they had tonight. All stanjds looked pretty full apart from the Merkland.

Think Jimmys position has finally become untenable.

Bobo, I said earlier in this thread or the match thread (I can't remember which) that neither Smith nor Aluko received adequate service.  Wingers have to have service, otherwise they're spectators, you must appreciate that?

And who could Aluko have played through tonight? Because neither Mackie nor Maguire were willing to run beyond their markers.  Not only were they not willing to make that run, they also weren't willing to switch runs either. They looked like amateurs up front basically and I wouldn't have been able to pass to them either with a golden foot and a golden ball.  The two of them were fucking at it.

Bobo, I said earlier in this thread or the match thread (I can't remember which) that neither Smith nor Aluko received adequate service.  Wingers have to have service, otherwise they're spectators, you must appreciate that?

And who could Aluko have played through tonight? Because neither Mackie nor Maguire were willing to run beyond their markers.  Not only were they not willing to make that run, they also weren't willing to switch runs either. They looked like amateurs up front basically and I wouldn't have been able to pass to them either with a golden foot and a golden ball.  The two of them were fucking at it.

BB there was definitely one moment where Maguire would have been clean through, Aluko stopped, turned, took the man on then gave it to Mulgrew. I remember because I almost had a seizure.

I agree with your point about service but both of them hardly seemed to be on the wing. Both of them went chasing the ball and did very little when they had it.

And i reckon at a club with more resources he would do a lot better.  Killie have been consistently punching above their weight since jeffries took over.  Clearly we arn't going to agree on this BB but i will ask you this,  If you had to choose between them, JJ or JC?  

What resources?

JJs 'brand' of football is just as fucking horrific as JCs. Have you seen the crowds at Rugby Park?

BB there was definitely one moment where Maguire would have been clean through, Aluko stopped, turned, took the man on then gave it to Mulgrew. I remember because I almost had a seizure.

I agree with your point about service but both of them hardly seemed to be on the wing. Both of them went chasing the ball and did very little when they had it.

One moment in 120 mins?  Come on man.  

JC.  Honest to god, there's actually no competition.  JJ can fuck off. Hellish manager.

What resources?

JJs 'brand' of football is just as fucking horrific as JCs. Have you seen the crowds at Rugby Park?

Well probably at least double the wage bill and some form of transfer budget.  What have the crowds at rugby park got to do with it?

Aberdeen manager Jimmy Calderwood:

"I'm bitterly disappointed, again, we've let our club and our supporters down in a massive game.

"We've just got to wonder why and try to get to the bottom of the problem.

"We've played here wonderfully well against the Old Firm, then Dunfermline come and don't play anywhere near that standard.

"We're not taking out chances at this moment in time, but we should still be good enough to make chances and score them.

"But all credit to Dunfermline, they defended really well and made it difficult for us."

How lonng has he been here, how many results like this and he still doesn't have a clue why it happens or what to do about it

cheerio :wave:

more at: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_cups/7948461.stm

One moment in 120 mins?  Come on man.  

JC.  Honest to god, there's actually no competition.  JJ can fuck off. Hellish manager.

That is the only one I can remember right now. I can't remember much of the game i'm that annoyed.

Listening to an interview with JC and he's saying Sone had told Mark Kerr he was shattered.

I love Aluko to bits Bobby, and i'm glad he is an Aberdeen player. But i'm not going to be one of those spineless cunts in the South Stand who applaud his mis placed passes or runs wher he loses the ball then scream at Mackie or Maguire for not winning headers against Scott Wilson.

Another thing that pissed me off. Every single player running off down the tunnel. Cunts to a man.