Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Thank you and Goodbye / Calderwood's position untenable

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the worst games I have watched in a long while.

Despite Dunfermline flooding the final third the entire game and killing it as any sort of spectacle we should be good enough to combat those tactics from such a poor side.

So many times we got the ball in their half and the players were all looking at each other wondering what to do with it. It was embarrassing. A terrible pitch, two terrible teams playing terrible football. I'm genuinely stunned by the standard of football I just witnessed.

Can't say any more. Simply ripped asunder.  :

One of the worst games I have watched in a long while.

Despite Dunfermline flooding the final third the entire game and killing it as any sort of spectacle we should be good enough to combat those tactics from such a poor side.

So many times we got the ball in their half and the players were all looking at each other wondering what to do with it. It was embarrassing. A terrible pitch, two terrible teams playing terrible football. I'm genuinely stunned by the standard of football I just witnessed.

Can't say any more. Simply ripped asunder.  :

To be fair on Dunfermline, they kept 2 up front for a lot of the game.

They weren't exactly 10 or 11 men behind the ball tonight, we just played too many long balls to short strikers.

A bit of context here:

Tonight

Aberdeen  0-0 Dunfermline

Dunfermline win 4-2 on penalties

Saturday, 14 March 2009

Dunfermline 0-1(HT 0-1) Partick

Tuesday, 10 March 2009

Livingston 4-2(HT 1-0) Dunfermline

Saturday, 07 March 2009

Dunfermline 1-1(HT 0-0) Aberdeen

Saturday, 28 February 2009

Morton 2-1(HT 1-0) Dunfermline

Saturday, 21 February 2009

Dunfermline 1-2(HT 0-1) Ross County

That was a fucking abortion of a game. 4-4-2, 4-5-1, 4-4-2 Fucks sake JC WTF?

Times like these make me wonder way the fuck i follow aberdeen?

Its not like I get any enjoyment from it. The opposite in fact... also, once you factor in the increased blood pressure its fucking BAD for you!

Not got a good feeling about Saturday now...

Players are fucked.

No Morale.

Management will prob play 10-0-0 to counter Brazil.

Pissed off big style.

Arrrgh.

I defended Calderwood for years, but stopped after our exit to Queen of the South.

Now we've been beaten on our own turf by a first division team that's struggling in it's own league, hasn't won if 5 games and has half its team not even playing tonight.

I believe we were only playing one up front come the end of the game, with Mackie moving back into midfield.

Calderwood would be sacked by any self-respecting club tonight.

Fortunately for him Aberdeen Football Club has no self-respect.

To be fair on Dunfermline, they kept 2 up front for a lot of the game.

They weren't exactly 10 or 11 men behind the ball tonight, we just played too many long balls to short strikers.

Dunfermline were pretty good i thought, clearly picked up that we didnt have a clue what we were doing and turned it to their advantage.  Should have scored from the free header in the first half too.

So who to replace JC then if he does go?

I would be happy with any off the following three

Jim Jeffries

Mark McGhee

Eric Black

Jim Jeffries

What the fuck are you smoking?  His teams, especially at Killie, start fantastically well but hit christmas and die.  I tipped them for relegation this season and most of my mates laughed at me at the start of the campaign.  Now they know what I'm talking about.  Killie haven't won a game THIS YEAR!

Pretty much my thinking, OZ.  I'm not really wanting to have a dig at the guy, but I just feel this defeat mirrors certain previous seasons.  We have to kick on and it isn't going to happen under his management unfortunately.

I don't want him to go cos he's a prick, an arse, I don't even think he is useless. Look at what happened to us when he came here and Dunfermlime when he left.

I just don't think he has the ability to get us any further. If he has any self respect he will see that himself and go.

I was pretty much on the fence but it's a resounding JMG after that  :(

Two chances to put away a bunch of first division cloggers and we couldn't do it. Not good enough and we've blown so many chances to give ourselves a good shot at silverware over the last few seasons that I can't take any more.

The only problem I've got now is that I really don't know who I want in his place.

you can stop that kind of talk now

Look at his record, it speaks for itself.  Excellent manager in my opinion.  Tactically very astute, can spot a player in the lower leagues, excellent record at bringing through youth players, won the 06/07 league cup with kilmarnock FFS.  Fair enough if your against it but i want some reasons GS

I honestly don't know what to say, other than the fact i'm not entirely surprised we bottled it again.  Even if we had got a sneaky winner towards the end, i honestly wouldn't have fely like celebrating it that much, such was my total dejection at how we played tonight.

What hurt me most was that Dunfermline wanted it more than us - if we can't get up for a quarter final with a supposed "easy" semi final waiting for us, then i honestly don't know what we should do.

JC will never recover from this, and rightly so in my opinion.

Fans let down yet again.

Fucking raging.  Only thing is i don't have a clue what we're going to do as the management team are on a long contract and i don't think they can do anything wrong in the eyes of Willie Miller and Stewart Milne.

:hammer:

What the fuck are you smoking?  His teams, especially at Killie, start fantastically well but hit christmas and die.  I tipped them for relegation this season and most of my mates laughed at me at the start of the campaign.  Now they know what I'm talking about.  Killie haven't won a game THIS YEAR!

Fairy snuff they havn't had a great 09 but seriously look at his record, signings ect with no fucking money to spend.  I'd have him in a second

I don't want him to go cos he's a prick, an arse, I don't even think he is useless. Look at what happened to us when he came here and Dunfermlime when he left.

I just don't think he has the ability to get us any further. If he has any self respect he will see that himself and go.

Yeah, again I agree with that.  And I do hope if he has the self respect he'll turn round and walk out of his own accord.

won the 06/07 league cup with kilmarnock FFS.

Eh? Didn't Brazil absolutely pump them in the final that year?

I wouldn't have minded Jeffries at the time Jimmy got the job but Killie have been pretty unconvincing the last couple of seasons and are particularly woeful at the moment.

It was Wright and Mackie up front at the end of the game.

Fair enough thinking that Mackie and Maguire would outrun 37 year old Thomson and 32 year old Wilson and so they should but not one was a ball played that they could actually do this.

Punting it aimlessly upfield so Thomson and Wilson can just jump and head it back. Mackie and Maguire was never going to win anything in the air against these two.

Surely after 50/60/70 minutes, it was realised that this was not working? Maguire on for Duff? And going 4-2-3-1? From what I saw, we were crying out for a big player (i.e Miller or Wright) to come on and win headers and clout the two centre backs about. It was obvious in the last 15 mins of ET that Wright had a positive effect but it was just too little, too late.

That's it for me, his team fails too many times when it should never fail.  Simple as that.  The "high expectations" he spoke about every second week clearly got to him and consequently got to the players.  Whoever is at fault for that - manager or players - is irrelevant. They're not going to sack the players.  Ergo, we need a change at management level.

I'm not calling for the guy to be dunted now, but at the end of the season, even if we get third, he can get to fuck. I do thank him for the good stuff he's done for us, but his bollocks tactics, his bollocks signings (look at the bench tonight) his "high expectations" bollocks has come home to roost I reckon. 

Jimmy on TV now: Devastated, but not as fucking devastated as me, Jimmy, AGAIN.  Familiar story. 

Pretty much sums up my feelings on the matter, been sitting on the fence for a while now regarding JC, but tonight just shows that once again this team doesn't have any bottle to win the make or break games.  We should have coasted this match, but a combination of poor attitude, poor tactical decisions,  lack of bottle , big players totally losing form etc has once more crippled us. We will never get a more straight forward run to a final, and its criminal that we haven't taken advantage of that.

Should by rights be furious about the result/performance/entire match but even more worryingly im not, its more apathy than anything.

After tonight JC's shelf life is rapidly expiring, along with a fair few of the "senior" players at this club.

No more excuses he has to go now while we have a chance of making europe through the league. Hopefully we will get a boost from the new manager coming in to get us into 4th. That said whoever comes in is going to have some right dross to work with most of it signed and kept on by a man that most on here until a few hours ago said was the best thing since sliced bread.

Fairy snuff they havn't had a great 09 but seriously look at his record, signings ect with no fucking money to spend.  I'd have him in a second

Look at every season he's had at Killie. Start well and fade away at Christmas.  he's a joke of a manager living on his press mates. His "big job" was Hearts.  He's a fanny. Fuck that.