Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Thank you and Goodbye / Calderwood's position untenable

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is the only one I can remember right now. I can't remember much of the game i'm that annoyed.

Listening to an interview with JC and he's saying Sone had told Mark Kerr he was shattered.

I love Aluko to bits Bobby, and i'm glad he is an Aberdeen player. But i'm not going to be one of those spineless cunts in the South Stand who applaud his mis placed passes or runs wher he loses the ball then scream at Mackie or Maguire for not winning headers against Scott Wilson.

Another thing that pissed me off. Every single player running off down the tunnel. Cunts to a man.

Yeah and Im not going to be one of those spineless Aberdeen fans who blame a young boy for all their ills just cos they think he may be superman at one point.

Yeah and Im not going to be one of those spineless Aberdeen fans who blame a young boy for all their ills just cos they think he may be superman at one point.

I'm not 'balming' him. Theres only so many times we can say "he's young, he'll learn". Tonight we played terribly against inferior opposition. He was by no means the worst player tonight, but he wasn't even being double marked. Himself, along with plenty others seem to find it hard to motivate themselves against the weaker teams.

I'm not 'balming' him. Theres only so many times we can say "he's young, he'll learn". Tonight we played terribly against inferior opposition. He was by no means the worst player tonight, but he wasn't even being double marked. Himself, along with plenty others seem to find it hard to motivate themselves against the weaker teams.

Correct. And the spastics couldn't even find him with their passes.  How else is the boy supposed to get the fucking ball if his team mates can't fucking find him with their "passes"?  He's playing on the wing, he comes inside and doesn't get the ball he gets hammered for leaving his position, damned if he does and damned if he doesnt.

Not been on either side of the fence but tonight was one time too many for me!

JC couldnt get his tactics right if he had bough them from Jade Goodys corners shop in mint flavour !!

His choice of subs tonight had me almost sacked as was working but had game on in the bar (fair enough Considine for Mair as Mair pulled something) but cmon, taking Bebo off and bringing on Duff ?? The game at that point was calling out for Tommy Wright to come on

Severin needs to go at the end of season too, Lee Wilkies father is staying at the hotel I work in and his words to me were "Seve is turning into a poor mans Barry Ferguson" sums him up really just now

Still too angry to even think straight about what im typing but enoughs enough

whoever said apathy was spot on, couldn't give a toss as result was predictable. No bottle again on what was a "big" game night against 2nd class opposition. Couldn't believe JC survived Queens Park, then QOS, but this has to have been the final shot as this mob will win nothing under him and no more proof is required.

p.s do you think if Mowbray gets punted we could offer him a huge pay cut to move north, or take Yogi. I'd like to see some football for a change.

Correct. And the spastics couldn't even find him with their passes.  How else is the boy supposed to get the fucking ball if his team mates can't fucking find him with their "passes"?  He's playing on the wing, he comes inside and doesn't get the ball he gets hammered for leaving his position, damned if he does and damned if he doesnt.

The service obviously wasn't great, but it wasn't like he never had the ball at all. When he did he was poor, but like I said he wasn't the worst.

It was Wright and Mackie up front at the end of the game.

Tonight was a disgrace, but lets not the facts wrong.

From what I saw, Mackie dropped back and to the right.. either by design or just because no-one knew wtf they were doing by the end.

Regardless of the supposed tactics, We had Diamond playing up front as often as he was back, Aluko and Smith switching sides, Foster playing further forward than our winger half the time and no noticeable shape to the team.

I think 4-5-1 or 4-4-2 were mostly just theoretical, where the reality was we were disorganised, lacking shape, leadership or game-plan.

I've typed about six posts and deleted every single one of them as I just can't put my feelings about tonight in to words right now. I'll compose my thoughts in the morning.  >:(

Was about to say something similar.

Don't really know what to say at the minute so will see how I am feeling tomorrow.

Can't see me going to another game this season though. Will go along for the pub banter and stay there.

I'm so angry/hurt/frustrated I'm actually not feeling well. That's the first time I've ever had to pop headache pills after watching a football match - I actually thought I was going to have a fit during that game.

End of the road for Calderwood - I just can't wait to see how the shambles of a club handles the situation. Whatever they do (or, heaven help us, DON'T do), a fucking car crash is imminent.

The only right way out of this so the club keeps whats left of its name is for JC to leave on his own terms

Someone posted somewhere about who would replace him ??

Lets get Hughes in from Falkirk and watch football the way it should be and in a way that would suit some of the players we have

or take Yogi. I'd like to see some football for a change.

Lets get Hughes in from Falkirk and watch football the way it should be and in a way that would suit some of the players we have

Hughes speakes more shit than JC!!!

I would like to think that Aberdeen wouldn't be looking for someone who is managing a side second bottom of the SPL.

Why would you want to see spell-binding football not seen since the Brazil team of the 70's when it gets you no further/worse off than where Aberdeen are currently sitting?

JC won't walk and he won't be sacked.

The service obviously wasn't great, but it wasn't like he never had the ball at all. When he did he was poor, but like I said he wasn't the worst.

So why pick him out then?  I don't understand that.  Jamie Smith got as shit service as Sone did, but did less, in my opinion, why not hammer him?  He's a more experienced player who should deliver more regularly, no?

p.s do you think if Mowbray gets punted we could offer him a huge pay cut to move north, or take Yogi. I'd like to see some football for a change.

Look where the good football got them mate.  Sorry to buck the trend here, and I am as gutted/angry/despondent/bewildered as all the other posters tonight, but while setbacks like this are unbearably painfull - the name of the game for football clubs these days is survival.  With Jimmy Calderwood at the helm we'll survive, ocassional highs punctuated with terrible lows, padded out by weeks and weeks of mediocrity inbetween.

Taking in a new manager may ease the pain for an (undoubtedly growing) number of disgruntled dons fans, but will certainly not guarantee any improvement of the product on the pitch, or indeed the prospects of winning any silverware.  Maybe now is the time for a change, but there's a good chance we'll be no better off for it.

No matter how often this shite happens, it doesn't get any easier does it.  :(

Hughes speakes more shit than JC!!!

I would like to think that Aberdeen wouldn't be looking for someone who is managing a side second bottom of the SPL.

Why would you want to see spell-binding football not seen since the Brazil team of the 70's when it gets you no further/worse off than where Aberdeen are currently sitting?

JC won't walk and he won't be sacked.

The difference is we allegedly have better players than at Falkirk and would be a step up for Hughes, how many folk have thought time and time again " he knows whats supposed to happen and speaks his mind pity our manager isnt like that" ??

The difference is we allegedly have better players than at Falkirk and would be a step up for Hughes, how many folk have thought time and time again " he knows whats supposed to happen and speaks his mind pity our manager isnt like that" ??

Not me anyway. I think he spouts more piss than JC on a regular basis.

If you were wanting someone to speak their mind, then look no further than Craig Levein -

:thumbsup:

Look where the good football got them mate.  Sorry to buck the trend here, and I am as gutted/angry/despondent/bewildered as all the other posters tonight, but while setbacks like this are unbearably painfull - the name of the game for football clubs these days is survival.  With Jimmy Calderwood at the helm we'll survive, ocassional highs punctuated with terrible lows, padded out by weeks and weeks of mediocrity inbetween.

Taking in a new manager may ease the pain for an (undoubtedly growing) number of disgruntled dons fans, but will certainly not guarantee any improvement of the product on the pitch, or indeed the prospects of winning any silverware.  Maybe now is the time for a change, but there's a good chance we'll be no better off for it.

No matter how often this shite happens, it doesn't get any easier does it.  :(

All very true CTS, and I am certainly not one looking for John Hughes as manager dear christ.  And your points re JC are true, we know where we'll be with him, but eventually you have to say "what's the point?" There has to be progress, ye know?  And in the last two seasons, is there any progress?  I don't think there is.  Tonight had a horrific anti climax-but terrible inevitability about it.  Blame the players all you want, but the manager is the same against Queens Park, Queen of the South and now Dunfermline, not to mention the DU debacle last season.  That is a fucking hideous set of results by anyone's standards.  He clearly can't motivate them, so we should maybe motivate him out the door, no?

All very true CTS, and I am certainly not one looking for John Hughes as manager dear christ.  And your points re JC are true, we know where we'll be with him, but eventually you have to say "what's the point?" There has to be progress, ye know?  And in the last two seasons, is there any progress?  I don't think there is.  Tonight had a horrific anti climax-but terrible inevitability about it.  Blame the players all you want, but the manager is the same against Queens Park, Queen of the South and now Dunfermline, not to mention the DU debacle last season.  That is a fucking hideous set of results by anyone's standards.  He clearly can't motivate them, so we should maybe motivate him out the door, no?

Perhaps the most disappointing thing about it is that there was an inevitability over the result tonight.

Whilst it's not my wish to see him go, I agree that as a consequence of tonights result he probably will.  I think the Board may be forced into a decision, if not tomorrow, then certainly at the end of the season.

I would just advise the JMG ers to prepare themselves for further disappointment when they find out who the next manager will be.  We're not in a position to atract top class managers.

Whoever it is will no doubt be a 'clueless buffoon'  before he gets a chance to find his feet.