Ex-Dons on the move

Aye, Michie was tipped for some BIG things. Basically he was the most prolific striker our youth side had seen since a young Scott Booth graced the Balgownie pitches. He and Mackie were apparently the most devastating partnership in the U18s league.

And now look at him ... cannae do a shite cos he's so crap!

And fit about O'Donoghue?! I actually thought he was pretty good. The only thing that let him down was he was about 3ft high and weighed about 11kgs. But he was a pretty good footballer ... a comfortable defensive midfielder.

Maybe he looked good because he was playing in the latter-Skovahl/early-Paterson days, and in those days everyone whose name wasn't Heikkinen was shite.

Guest paranoidandroid

Michie did well early on at Peterhead and Montrose after leaving the Dons, but think I remember reading

somehwere that he was now a fireman or something

Aye, Michie was tipped for some BIG things. Basically he was the most prolific striker our youth side had seen since a young Scott Booth graced the Balgownie pitches. He and Mackie were apparently the most devastating partnership in the U18s league.

And now look at him ... cannae do a shite cos he's so crap!

And fit about O'Donoghue?! I actually thought he was pretty good. The only thing that let him down was he was about 3ft high and weighed about 11kgs. But he was a pretty good footballer ... a comfortable defensive midfielder.

Maybe he looked good because he was playing in the latter-Skovahl/early-Paterson days, and in those days everyone whose name wasn't Heikkinen was shite.

He did look ok in the glimpses we got of him when Ebbe was manager... but, I then saw him turn out for Cumbernauld United and he was nothing special. Utd werent even in the top division of the juniors either.

Allegedly like the weed too much...

nae surprised at macauley, to be honest. didn't look like he could find his arse with both hands whenever i saw him play.

michie at locos. good signing for the team, i'd say. he'll do alright there - although he's going to have to raise his game. they play some decent stuff at harlaw park, ye ken.

I thought Peterhead were going full-time this year?

I was thinking that as well. Maybe they just couldn't afford to pay him full time wages as well as the rest of the squad. I reckon McAuley would do well for a Clyde/St Johnstone/Dunfermline type team, as he seemed to have a decent amount of talent, but just not enough to ever be a first team regular here.