Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Todays fitba

I watched the whole match and he was only thing that spoilt it.  ::)

Agreed.

Spurs were fantastic to watch, and very good value for their win. Bale is a great player, but the media spunk off over him is ridiculous. van der Vaart again showed his class, him and Hernandez area easily the signings of the summer. Why Ferguson didn't sign him or sneijder was beyond me at the time and still leaves me utterly perplexed, anyone who'd seen them play for Ajax would tell you they were worth a punt.

VDV is not really a good example as he wasn't ws available at the price Spurs got him. He only became available at that price when his move to Germany, for at least double the value, broke down at the last minute. Real were convinced it would go through and committed in other areas, thus he was punted him to the only place he could go with a couple of hours left in the window. I wasn't convinced about Sneijder until he joined Inter either.

That said, even at double the price VDV would've been better value than the likes of Milner. That says more about the English players market and Man City targets though.

I'm not sure that what Ferguson says is wrong because in the past he very often picked the best of the English/UK market. Out of the players he'd want and people who would sign for Man U I don't think there is too much value value.

Did Gray not even do his annoying chuckle and call him Stevie G?

He saved that for later when he wasn't assaulting someone. I can only presume Zhirkov must not like Phil Collins...

Apparently Carragher has said Stevie G is Liverpool's greatest ever player.

He wasn't even kidding apparently.

Honestly.

Was the Tottiracist playing?

Think he was suspended.

Remember he'll be too young to know about the 70s, or 80s (or probably 90s?)

He's a year older than me MBT and I remember and know fine well what a player Dalglish was. He should think of it this way, take Gerrard out of Liverpool's history and what are you left with? Take Dalglish out of it and what are you left with?  Of course, Dalglish had better players around him but he was the best player in a great team - something Gerrard has never been. It would be interesting to see how Gerrard would have fitted into that side... would he even have got a game ahead of Souness?