Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Todays fitba

He's a year older than me MBT and I remember and know fine well what a player Dalglish was. He should think of it this way, take Gerrard out of Liverpool's history and what are you left with? Take Dalglish out of it and what are you left with?  Of course, Dalglish had better players around him but he was the best player in a great team - something Gerrard has never been. It would be interesting to see how Gerrard would have fitted into that side... would he even have got a game ahead of Souness?

No he wouldn't, maybe ahead of others but not Souness.

Aye, TF, forgot about them. Heighway was a cracking player from what I've seen.

Stewart - what I remember of Sammy Lee is that he was quite a hard working player, good player but not great. Some of the older lads ;) may have more of an insight though.

Also forgot Ronnie Whelan, and he was a cracking player. How good is this:

Aye, TF, forgot about them. Heighway was a cracking player from what I've seen.

Stewart - what I remember of Sammy Lee is that he was quite a hard working player, good player but not great. Some of the older lads ;) may have more of an insight though.

Also forgot Ronnie Whelan, and he was a cracking player.

Decent enough synopsis BB, always mind Lee being something of a sub, like Fairclough (who was really a striker btw) who got the name supersub.

Whelan was a belter of a player!!

Molby must have been around too, no sure if at the same time as Souness right enough.

aye, thought Fairclough was more of a striker.

Molby was great, that guy knew how to play football, the fatter he got the better he got cos his passing had to improve and it was pretty much perfect when he was slim!!  He was part of a cracking Danish side too. Think he was maybe bought just after Souness left.

It was a joke that folk were touting Hughton for the sack a few weeks ago. He seems to suffer in that a lot of folk don't remember him as a player (very good full back with Spurs and Eire) i.e. played outwith the EPL era therefore he's not a "glamour" manager.  Seems to be a very well respected coach and by the looks of things a good manager too. Good on him, seems to be the guy getting the best out of Joey Barton too which is a fair achievement I'd say.

It was a joke that folk were touting Hughton for the sack a few weeks ago. He seems to suffer in that a lot of folk don't remember him as a player (very good full back with Spurs and Eire) i.e. played outwith the EPL era therefore he's not a "glamour" manager.  Seems to be a very well respected coach and by the looks of things a good manager too. Good on him, seems to be the guy getting the best out of Joey Barton too which is a fair achievement I'd say.

+1

Couldn't believe it last mid week when i was down south and got the text saying Sky sports were reporting betting suspended on him being next manager to get the bullet in EPL. Think he has done a fantastic job since taking over at St James with very little money (in EPL terms ) to spend.

I couldn't believe Hughton was being touted as the next manager to get the pop. It was truly ridiculous. I actually think he's a very good manager, and done very well with a tight budget (in comparison to other teams around them).

Edit: I've just read what BigAl wrote, my thoughts exactly! :thumbsup:

;D

Tyrant will be enjoying it, looks as though the place is rocking.

Correct, sir.  :thumbsup:

Love or hate the scousers that's how you support and get behind a team!

The place is packed. EVERY cunt sings. EVERY cunt cheers EVERY home player when the line ups are read out. Despite Liverpool being on one of the worst runs of form in (my) living memory the support is so passionate. When Lucus' name was read out I naturally expected boos because that's what I would have heard at Pittodrie but nope. Another huge roar. Was quite an eye-opener as to how shite Dons (and probably Scottish in general) fans really are. Of course years of watching utter shite hasn't helped I guess.

If it wasn't such a long drive I'd be tempted to put my name on the waiting list for a season ticket at Anfield after this weekend. Haven't had such a good matchday experience in a long fucking time.

Gerrard a close second for man of the match behind Torres. Pinging pin point passes around accurately and dicating midfield play.

I didn't see any elbow from him after two minutes? ??? I thought even Carragher was superb today. Reina did well too. But the man who impressed me the most was young Kelly filling in for Johnson at right-back. Didn't look out of his depth and wasn't scared to try and go past players and he did cause Chelsea problems.

Carlo fucked up by dropping Drogba though.

Not sure that I see the big deal with Carra saying that Gerrard was the greatest? He’s certainly one of them and I read nothing more into it than a team mate complimenting another that he plays along side.

Bit unfair saying you would  have expected a Scottish Crowd to boo Lucus in the same position.  It's like saying we as Aberdeen fans would boo a players name in a game against Celtic.  Would never happen.

Talking of Scottish crowds was impressed by the wee pocket of a couple of hundred Tims on Saturday (all be it ignoring their pathetic banners, typos included).  Jumping around like you would see a Bundesliga support and looked and sounded quite impressive, although again a record beating score line probably isn't the best situation to assess the quality of their support

Not sure that I see the big deal with Carra saying that Gerrard was the greatest? He’s certainly one of them and I read nothing more into it than a team mate complimenting another that he plays along side.

Yes, one "of", not "the". Not even nearly. Not really making a big deal so much as being pretty certain he's wrong.