Wednesday 19th June 2024

Euro 2024 -  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland v 🇨🇭Switzerland

kick-off 8pm

Todays fitba

2-5 now.

How many points has Liverpool picked up since Dalglish came there? He certainly has turned them around since he was appointed. Still not signed a contract though, with a disagreement about having the final say on transfers being the main sticking point I think. Would be madness if they didn't appoint him on a full-time basis.

Got it on the radio, they said before tHe third that shwarzer was blamless for the first two.

They're talking shite then.

He slide takled for the first instead of diving for it hands first, the second he turned his back and head away from the ball. Both actions of what i believe some call a "scaredy cat".

Was at the game and had the misfortune of sitting amongst the red shite. I'll give them their due, but how any team can lambast united for having a national support. I heard about 4 scouse accents while I was there! They've also adopted the Tim tune of I just can't get enough :( schwarzer was awful last night and hangeland was getting ripped by Suarez. Some cracking finishes though.

Was at the game and had the misfortune of sitting amongst the red shite. I'll give them their due, but how any team can lambast united for having a national support. I heard about 4 scouse accents while I was there! They've also adopted the Tim tune of I just can't get enough :( schwarzer was awful last night and hangeland was getting ripped by Suarez. Some cracking finishes though.

What was the song they were singing about Maxi to the Heartbeat theme tune? Can you post up the words (if you understood them)?  ;D

It was some game and a good advert for the EPL. All 7 goals were really good.

What was the song they were singing about Maxi to the Heartbeat theme tune? Can you post up the words (if you understood them)?  ;D

It was some game and a good advert for the EPL. All 7 goals were really good.

That song is annoyingly catchy, but the song that annoyed me was the Luis Suarez one/I can't get enough....time bastards!  :hammer:

And, yes, I could, but I won't ;)  :wave:

Did anybody hear a potentially dodgy song being sung tonight on the Hearts v Celtic live debacle?

(I know that's not uncommon for a game involving the old firm!)

but this song sounded like "who's the p*** in the blue?" with the missing word being a racist term.

(at the time, Jeffries was on the touchline in a blue trackie sporting a  jimmy calderwood style tan)

a mate and myself thought that's what it sounded like, but we thought the celtic fans wouldn't be that stupid to sing that so was wondering if anyone else heard it? or if anyone can clear up what they were actually singing about?

Did anybody hear a potentially dodgy song being sung tonight on the Hearts v Celtic live debacle?

(I know that's not uncommon for a game involving the old firm!)

Heard about a million of them tbh, don't remember hearing your particular one but I was hardly watching the game.

Looks like despite a possible 4-3 win over Bolton, Blackpool are still going to be favourites to be of the teams going down. Wolves 1-3 up on Sunderland now. Thats Blackpool on 39 along with Birmingham (with a game in hand), and needing to pick up a win (you would have thought) at Old Trafford. Fergie putting out a second string and them having a bad day, along with Blackpool's best day is their only hope.

Harry Redknapp  has revealed that he considered signing Luis Suárez in January but opted against making a bid after being told by scouts that the Uruguayan was not up to the grade.

Redknapp's tantalising disclosure will set Tottenham Hotspur supporters wondering what might have been, as Suárez went on to sign for Liverpool and become a major factor in that club's reinvigoration, while Spurs' attempt to qualify for the Champions League fizzled out largely because of their inability to turn possession into goals.

Suárez will be seeking to show Spurs what they missed on Sunday, as Liverpool meet Redknapp's team at Anfield in a match that could determine which of the sides finishes fifth. Redknapp said he dispatched numerous scouts to watch Suárez at Ajax before Liverpool paid £22.8m for him but was informed that the player was not adept at leading the line and was too similar to Rafael van der Vaart, for whom Spurs were seeking a partner rather than a replacement. Ultimately Spurs made failed offers for others strikers, including Fernando Llorente and Villarreal's Giuseppe Rossi. "We kept looking at [suárez] but people thought he couldn't play up as a striker," said Redknapp.

"They said he's like Rafa [van der Vaart] and you can't have him and Rafa or you'd have two players who want to drop deep, so that was the problem. We were looking for someone to play up front with Rafa. People said he couldn't do that, he drifts and comes deep. But he played up front on his own the other night [against Fulham on Monday] and he was fantastic."

Someone at the Ben Hurs should be getting their jotters for that