Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Family Section?!?! - Thats a Laugh!

Guest AbeerdeenBasedTim

See it seems like a wind up as it is so retarded, but if you were on the wind-up would you use your works email account giving his name and when you google that nae you find him complaining about falling off his bike and hurting his poor wee ribs as he steered into a pot hole to a local newspaper....

:lolabove:

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See it seems like a wind up as it is so retarded, but if you were on the wind-up would you use your works email account giving his name and when you google that nae you find him complaining about falling off his bike and hurting his poor wee ribs as he steered into a pot hole to a local newspaper....

Link please.

Really, fit kind of mong are you to enter the home end?

Just out of curiousity Mizer, when'd you start supporting Aberdeen, and why?  :-\

Off topic again - should the 'anonymous' mods really be sharing private info about users on this site?  Regardless of how much a clueless wank this 'Abeerdeenbasedtim' is  :thumbsup:, I don't agree that his private info should be shared by so-called moderators.

Just out of curiousity Mizer, when'd you start supporting Aberdeen, and why?  :-\

Off topic again - should the 'anonymous' mods really be sharing private info about users on this site?  Regardless of how much a clueless wank this 'Abeerdeenbasedtim' is  :thumbsup:, I don't agree that his private info should be shared by so-called moderators.

since when have mods been anonymous?

In anycase he hasn't exactly posted his name has he?

mizer

Globe Reds Member

Global Moderator

since when have mods been anonymous?

Ah, sorry, not anonymous in the respect that he's an unknown moderator, anonymous in the respect that the person whose info he's sharing doesn't know Mizer personally.  :thumbsup:

In anycase he hasn't exactly posted his name has he?

Aye, but surely he shouldn't be sharing any private info, no matter how little?!?  I could be wrong, but it just seems a bit strange.  He's like that though.  ;)

Guest AbeerdeenBasedTim

This is disappointing that personal details are being passed – I may have to move from my big house in Beildside, I may complain to Stewart the next time I bump into him whilst putting our bins out.

Since secrets are being spilled, did you know Stewartie had to stop wearing his Wig because of his association with freemasonry in the building trade - that's why Aberdeen always raise their game against the Tic.

Also Ferguson only went to Aberdeen because Celtic turned him down, but who needed him anyway, we already had the Big European cup in the cabinet, he could only add that diddy wee cup that UEFA doesn’t even consider significant enough to play any more…………even the CIS Cup has lasted longer than that European consolation cup that only had highlights shown after mid-night on BBC2 it was that insignificant.

BYE!

This is disappointing that personal details are being passed – I may have to move from my big house in Beildside, I may complain to Stewart the next time I bump into him whilst putting our bins out.

Since secrets are being spilled, did you know Stewartie had to stop wearing his Wig because of his association with freemasonry in the building trade - that's why Aberdeen always raise their game against the Tic.

Also Ferguson only went to Aberdeen because Celtic turned him down, but who needed him anyway, we already had the Big European cup in the cabinet, he could only add that diddy wee cup that UEFA doesn’t even consider significant enough to play any more…………even the CIS Cup has lasted longer than that European consolation cup that only had highlights shown after mid-night on BBC2 it was that insignificant.

BYE!

Mizer's gonna find you and rape you.

Clutching at straws now, sort of like Strachan's post-match interview last weekend.

The internet is not anonymous - one would be stupid to think it was. One is covered by publishing laws. If one goes onto an online community such as Donstalk - one expects the users to be able to find out who one is - especially if one doesn't even attempt to cover one's tracks and speak out against the members of the community. One would also expect members of the community to know each other and some to exchange information - others will not be interested by such an exchange of information.

Bollocks.

If someone goes to the trouble of ticking the various little boxes in the sign-up form asking for their email address et al to be kept confidential then I don't think it's much to ask that the mods honour this.

The internet is not anonymous - one would be stupid to think it was. One is covered by publishing laws. If one goes onto an online community such as Donstalk - one expects the users to be able to find out who one is - especially if one doesn't even attempt to cover one's tracks and speak out against the members of the community. One would also expect members of the community to know each other and some to exchange information - others will not be interested by such an exchange of information.

The internet isn't anonymous, I totally agree with that  :thumbsup:, but the point in question is that anyone on here, especially the mods, shouldn't be posting, or sharing, info about other users.  If an individual on this forum wants to go to the bother of finding out who someone is, that's their perogative, but what the f*ck's a mod doing posting info like that above?  That's crossing the line from just having a laugh to being a twa in my opinion.

If for example, Abeerdeenbasedtim comes on and speaks out against the users, so what?  I personally find what he's saying laughable as opposed to offensive, and have no care about who he is, where he's from, or what he's done in the past.  There are those who take this sh*t way too seriously though, and the info Mizer posted above makes it very easy to find out who the guy is.

Those that do think it's okay to post info about users shouldn't remain anonymous beyond the boundaries of their friends.  Don't you think that's rather strange that they choose to do that?  If you're happy to post info about other people then you should be happy to come out of your comfort zone of anonymity*.

Is this guy seriously offending you that you want to know who he is?  :-\

There's a few folks on here that are happy to post anything they like about anyone they want, but choose to remain anonymous to the majority of users.  Says it all for me to be honest.  :thumbsup:

*This is in no way aimed directly at you Jagerdeen  ;).

You were going well until the end.

There's a few folks on here that are happy to post anything they like about anyone they want, but choose to remain anonymous to the majority of users.  Says it all for me to be honest.

I find that most on here that have met up with the other like minded souls because they have chosen not to be anonymous.  They should however remember that not everyone wants to join the merry bunch of revelers and if they did, they'd probably do so by PM or by organising to do so in one of the many matchday threads.

For example I know ???'s name, have seen his webpage, Bebo and Facebook (that JJB gym membership is going to waste).  None of which he granted me and none of which he's posted himself.  No doubt other posters confidential details are doing the rounds too.

It may also be worth mentioning that ??? should practice what he preaches.  Even if so far he's been somewhat wide of the mark.  But I put that down to him being a simple cunt.

For example I know ???'s name, have seen his webpage, Bebo and Facebook (that JJB gym membership is going to waste).  None of which he granted me and none of which he's posted himself.  No doubt other posters confidential details are doing the rounds too.

As I said, some choose to remain anonymous but are happy to go snooping around other folk.  That's really weird, but not surprising.  :thumbsup:

It may also be worth mentioning that ??? should practice what he preaches.  Even if so far he's been somewhat wide of the mark.  But I put that down to him being a simple cunt.

Wide of the mark?  How exactly?  You've lost me here.  :-\

I understand where you two are coming from and I would respect your desire for privacy if I was in the position of being able to access details. However, I have to agree a little with Jager. Anything you do on the internet has to come with a degree of responsibility for your own actions or words. You can bounce around forums/download sites etc with the belief that you are not able to be traced but it's a pretty naive viewpoint. You are pitching yourself into a public community with complex and blurred lines and legal boundaries with regards to privacy and there will always be those who will have an interest in finding out more about you. Its a natural function of your opinions -the stronger they are the more impact they have and this will lead to intrigue as to who you are. If you honestly believe that you can stop this force from bearing down on you then fair play, keep going for it. Otherwise, don't get involved.

I understand where you two are coming from and I would respect your desire for privacy if I was in the position of being able to access details. However, I have to agree a little with Jager. Anything you do on the internet has to come with a degree of responsibility for your own actions or words. You can bounce around forums/download sites etc with the belief that you are not able to be traced but it's a pretty naive viewpoint. You are pitching yourself into a public community with complex and blurred lines and legal boundaries with regards to privacy and there will always be those who will have an interest in finding out more about you. Its a natural function of your opinions -the stronger they are the more impact they have and this will lead to intrigue as to who you are. If you honestly believe that you can stop this force from bearing down on you then fair play, keep going for it. Otherwise, don't get involved.

I agree with Jager/you as well about the points of internet anonymity (I for one have not hidden who I am as I've no need to) but there are those that remain anonymous outwith their boundaries, and they're also the same people who are happy to post info about other users, and I don't think that's right.  The point I made was more to do with moderators posting info, I don't think that's right and it happens regularly.

To use another example other than the one just posted 2-3 posts ago, a regular poster who often refers to me by name in posts sent me a PM when I did the same to them?  That's beyond laughable...

Fair enough Ajja but if people want to know something they can ask.

If they ask and don't get an answer then they should take it there is a reason behind that.  If they want to go snooping then that's up to them but Mods(x2) should really know better and at the very least not go abusing their power by divulging these details that only they have access to one minute and then keeping secrets when it suits them the next (Caroline B).

If it gets out that I'm Stuartie Milne then my days on here are numbered.

I think ST point about you is down to you posting info about him.

I don't know anything about him to post on here?  :-\  I know nothing personal about him so struggle to see what it could have been?

And even if I did, it would only be in response to him posting things about me (which to be fair to him is usually banter which doesn't cross the line into being personal).  :thumbsup:

I'm with cockbreath on this.

They may well keep the mod-secrets to themselves on the board but they sure as fuck pass names, photos, email addresses and such between each other and their mates in the pub after the Google detective work.

Sort of defeats the purpose of usernames doesn't it?

You were found out because you registered for multiple accounts and one with your works email giving your name. If you had stuck with one username it wouldn't have matched I.Ps and it wouldn't have been looked into it  :wave:

You were being discussed in the mods forum due to the manner of your initial post as any nutter fan such as that rabid hun on here a few weeks ago. We made sure you were who you said you were, we wont be posting up your email address, the company you work for etc.

You were found out because you registered for multiple accounts and one with your works email giving your name. If you had stuck with one username it wouldn't have matched I.Ps and it wouldn't have been looked into it  :wave:

You were being discussed in the mods forum due to the manner of your initial post as any nutter fan such as that rabid hun on here a few weeks ago. We made sure you were who you said you were, we wont be posting up your email address, the company you work for etc.

Bullshit and well you know it.

There's another thread started for this:

http://www.thedandies.co.uk/messageboard/index.php?topic=7395.0

No, you registered under 'quotes just like shabba' to rip the piss out of ? ? ? then username shabba from your works email.

Half true.

You seem to have missed out the part where yourself and another mod had a pow-wow, went Googling these details, found photographs, distributed them to various other members on the board and then later confronted me on a street corner.  All of which I'd been keen not to let happen in the gallery thread many moons ago.

You've also missed out the part where you explain how bicycle accidents and newspaper articles is a way of "making sure you were who you said you were"?

Not that I've got any beef with yourself or any of the mods.  Far from it.  But if folk choose the options of anonymity that are granted to them on signing up then you should at least honour that.