Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

:wave: Seve, infact that is too polite for my thoughts on him, as as I've said numerous times before since December 2007... Seve GTF!

I don't want the Captain of Aberdeen FC to make derogatory comments about his team mates (especially when Clark showed he had balls for once!)

I certainly don't want the Captain of AFC to lie (and that's what video of incident confirms ) in support of other teams players, nor be someone who gives interviews to the weegie press in defence of same said opposition players.

Severin isn't, and never has been, Captain quality imo. He is not a leader, and I think his best years as a footballer are in the past.

I will never forgive him for December 2007, and wouldn't be sad to see him leave

What the hell is this about??  ???;D

He's past it, has been for about two seasons now. The job Kerr does in midfield is something he can only dream of. He gets by at the back but if it wasn't for suspensions and injuries to the three centre halfs and the fact he's captain he would've been stuck on the bench most of this season.

He's not a vocal captain whatsoever when you compare him to Anderson the difference is unbelievable. Anderson led by example in his performances and also showed great passion for the team and club as a whole.

Oh and Hello to the locals on here, nae been on for quite a while!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A devil's advocate could suggest that Anderson didn't give a toss either as he fucked off as well.

hehe quite, but to be fair, Anderson left us at the top of his game and certainly played for the jersey everytime he put it on. Seve is probably at the bottom or there abouts and shows very little passion whilst playing for us. Whilst I admit every player is different in how they vent/show their emotions, but I know seve didn't used to like this.

I'd rather be reading that Seve is hoping to persuade the club to offer him a new deal than the other way. The climate has changed markedly and guys like Seve should be delighted to be offered a deal rather than believing he can carve out something more lucrative elsewhere. If he stays then fair enough we can get a decent CB for a season or two, if he goes then we will have a wage to offer to someone else. I'm indifferent.

I'd rather be reading that Seve is hoping to persuade the club to offer him a new deal than the other way. The climate has changed markedly and guys like Seve should be delighted to be offered a deal rather than believing he can carve out something more lucrative elsewhere. If he stays then fair enough we can get a decent CB for a season or two, if he goes then we will have a wage to offer to someone else. I'm indifferent.

I think this is what annoys me most about him. Whether or not he's being illadvised by his agent I don't know. But does he really think he can do better profile wise and financially than at Aberdeen given the financial climate? Not player is bigger than the club. He does fine at CB with Zander, however, I would like Kerr or Zander (preferably Kerr) to be made Captain. Its not what I want to be hearing from my club's captain and sends out the wrong messages.

I think this is what annoys me most about him. Whether or not he's being illadvised by his agent I don't know. But does he really think he can do better profile wise and financially than at Aberdeen given the financial climate? Not player is bigger than the club. He does fine at CB with Zander, however, I would like Kerr or Zander (preferably Kerr) to be made Captain. Its not what I want to be hearing from my club's captain and sends out the wrong messages.

Unfortunately its indicative of the pull than Aberdeen FC has in the market place. Most of these guys (Miller, Seve, Smith et al) are at Aberdeen for purely selfish reasons and are never going to come out and wax lyrical about there position at the club. Added to that Calderwood sends similar messages so sets a poor example. Like it or not, Aberdeen is just a stepping stone to something better for these guys, an opportunity to give yourself a foot up to a better financial package. Seve will probably secure a role somewhere for a season and earn a better wage only to end up touring lower league sides in England or bounce back up to Kilmarnock, Hibs or UTD. He'd be better of sticking it out at Pittodrie but who can blame him for seeking a pay out. As you say, it would be nice to here him talk with some enthusiasm or at least some class and perspective.

Unfortunately its indicative of the pull than Aberdeen FC has in the market place. Most of these guys (Miller, Seve, Smith et al) are at Aberdeen for purely selfish reasons and are never going to come out and wax lyrical about there position at the club. Added to that Calderwood sends similar messages so sets a poor example. Like it or not, Aberdeen is just a stepping stone to something better for these guys, an opportunity to give yourself a foot up to a better financial package. Seve will probably secure a role somewhere for a season and earn a better wage only to end up touring lower league sides in England or bounce back up to Kilmarnock, Hibs or UTD. He'd be better of sticking it out at Pittodrie but who can blame him for seeking a pay out. As you say, it would be nice to here him talk with some enthusiasm or at least some class and perspective.

I'm under no illusions that the players you stated would ever come out with such things (well only after they've signed obviously) but i'm sick of hearing about it. Just comes across as an arse. I also know, and I am quite happy for the club to be a stepping stone, because I think that is really the future for the club. As long as that means that we get players with enough potential and make the step up for the to be able to make the next step.

I'm under no illusions that the players you stated would ever come out with such things (well only after they've signed obviously) but i'm sick of hearing about it. Just comes across as an arse. I also know, and I am quite happy for the club to be a stepping stone, because I think that is really the future for the club. As long as that means that we get players with enough potential and make the step up for the to be able to make the next step.

Agreed, our future is all about players proving themselves and moving on to better things but I'd rather it was with young players at the bottom of the curve so we can benefit from their developmental years and cash in on them at their peak. With guys like Seve and Smith we are getting them near the top of the curve and milking them for a while only to lose them for free to a sub-standard side who pay more moneyin wages. Its the only way that JC appears to be able to operate, he is quite good at picking up players who have already done their developing but are stuck in some way. He talks them around and gets a short term gain from them but they are almost always inherently flawed as players for some reason. They also almost always involve a large salary in terms of our pay scale.

Trust you to find an image like that Mizer ;)

Severin’s first target is to get Dons to Europe

several english clubs have shown interest in captain

By Michael Gannon

Published: 18/04/2009

FUTURE TENSE: Scott Severin will take his time in deciding where his future lies

More Pictures

Aberdeen captain Scott Severin may be heading for the Pittodrie exit but he is determined to leave behind a legacy of European football for next season.

Severin has not signed the contract offered before Christmas and, although he has said he has yet to make up his mind, it now looks certain he will depart. The 30-year-old’s agent Darren Jackson has received inquiries from a number of clubs in the English Championship and League 1.

Championship side Burnley are at the head of the queue, with Clarets manager Owen Coyle, the former St Johnstone manager, a long-time admirer.

Severin’s immediate target is securing a Europa League place for next season, starting with today’s SPL trip to champions Celtic.

He said: “The aim for us is always top six first and then go for Europe.

“Everyone saw what last season’s European run meant to the club and we want to be part of it again. It means a lot to the club in terms of finances and it can have a knock-on effect for player contracts and so on. It is a great tournament to play in.

“If you look at our record, we have done quite well at this stage of the season against the sides around us.

“Hopefully, we can take our form into the last five games this year. Hearts have a five-point lead but we can cut it back. That has to be the target. We still have to play them as well as the Old Firm, so anything can happen.

“Dundee United had an 11-point lead at one stage last season and we managed to finish above them, so we have to believe we are capable this time.

“The pressure is off us going to Celtic. It is all on them because there is just a one-point gap at the top. We have caused Celtic problems this season and, hopefully, we can give them a good game again.â€

European qualification or a more lucrative move south?

Severin said: “The easiest thing would have been to sign the new contract but I am 30 now and this could be the biggest decision of my career, so I will take as long as is necessary.

“I have spent 10 years in the SPL, five at Hearts and now five at Aberdeen, and there are times when you feel it is a bit boring and you fancy a new challenge.

“I will talk it all through with my family.â€

Surely that is only if they do not get promoted. Because there is no way in hell he is anywhere good/quick enough for the EPL anymore. Maybe 4 years ago, but not now.

Guest ally s

Sorry Seve but if you were going to make move of any consequence you would have done it before your legs departed the scene.

Read in one paper today Burnley are set to make an approach for Severin  :wave:

St Mirren are reportedly interested in signing Lee Mair  :wave:

Read in one paper today Burnley are set to make an approach for Severin  :wave:

St Mirren are reportedly interested in signing Lee Mair  :wave:

Was it the sensationalist "Severin bored and wants to move"?

Main gist of it he is 30 and wants to play outwith the SPl like Barry Nic and Anderson

Guest ally s

Was it the sensationalist "Severin bored and wants to move"?

No.  It was the "Aberdeen are fuckin skinto and can't afford to offer him a better deal".

Sooner him and Smith leave the better.

I'm bored with the pair of them.

The only reasons why I am slightly hopeful of Seve staying is, is that he's good cover at the back and he is one of the few players with experience. But I am bored to tears with his constant bleating in the press, lack of leadership and constant lack of composure.