Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Won't stop me scratching my head at such a U-turn by so many.

I was utterly convinced we started notching up wins last season when he wasn't on the park whilst Touzani, a player who hardly ever got a game, reminded us what a decent midfielder looked like.

If he wants to stay, fine.

If he wants a wage increase he can do one.

Now that makes me feel better.  ;)

Is he offski? ;)

Seriously though, would be a big loss considering his experience. Not been his biggest fan for the past two seasons, but as BB said, the though of a lineup without him seems a bit scary. We'd be really lightweight.

We are pretty lightweight anyway - he hasn't performed as player or captain for a long time - money better re-allocated.

:wave: Seve, infact that is too polite for my thoughts on him, as as I've said numerous times before since December 2007... Seve GTF!

I don't want the Captain of Aberdeen FC to make derogatory comments about his team mates (especially when Clark showed he had balls for once!)

I certainly don't want the Captain of AFC to lie (and that's what video of incident confirms ) in support of other teams players, nor be someone who gives interviews to the weegie press in defence of same said opposition players.

Severin isn't, and never has been, Captain quality imo. He is not a leader, and I think his best years as a footballer are in the past.

I will never forgive him for December 2007, and wouldn't be sad to see him leave

Just to set the record straight, we all want to keep the highest earner who we've largely been slagging off for the best part of 2 years for being a shite player and a worse captain?

I don't. Good fucking riddance I'd say.

:thumbsup:

He's not a defender and he's pretty poor in mid these days an' a'.

As for as a captain. Meh (as my kids would say).

• 3 months later...

Haha jog on Seve  :wave:  What a fud. Does he not realise that the world is in a financial downturn or something? No-one will want an aging ex-scotland midfielder on a big wage. Oh and Seve. Don't try and hold our club to ransom  :hammer:

Would be the first time he's done anything resembling a run this season.

Skipper Severin could stay with Aberdeen FC

European football key for Aberdeen FC star

By Charlie Allan :wave:

Published: 17/04/2009

ABERDEEN FC skipper Scot Severin has admitted qualifying for Europe could persuade him to stay at Pittodrie.

Severin, who has yet to agree to sign the new contract offered to him by Aberdeen FC, confirmed English clubs are now on his trail.

But the 30-year-old offered hope to the Dons by confirming his final decision could be swayed in their favour if the club qualify for next season’s Europa League.

The Aberdeen FC club captain said: “If we did make Europe it would go a long way to making my mind up.

“There’s still enough time to sign a new contract and I hope that can happen.â€

PICK up today’s Evening Express for the full story and your free bet on tomorrow’s Celtic v Aberdeen FC match.

Skipper Severin could stay with Aberdeen FC

European football key for Aberdeen FC star

By Charlie Allan Wave

Published: 17/04/2009

ABERDEEN FC skipper Scot Severin has admitted he's running out of options but to stay at Pittodrie.

Severin, who has yet to agree to sign the new contract offered to him by Aberdeen FC, confirmed a League Two club and several BSP clubs are now on his trail.

But the 30-year-old offered hope to the Dons by confirming his final decision could be swayed in their favour by the lack of money being offered in England.

The Aberdeen FC club captain said: “No bumper pay days from English clubs would go a long way to making my mind up.

“There’s still enough time to sign a new contract and I'm praying Aberdeen re-istate their previous offerâ€

PICK up today’s Evening Express for the full story and your free bet on tomorrow’s Celtic v Aberdeen FC match.

Let's get this right, if the Blue Square

Premiership and league 2 is where the competition is for his signature and he is considering it, he should just leave now. Now THAT a lack of ambition, or maybe a simple lack of interest in a very good player who's legs are away or a short centre half that can pass a bit.

Let's get this right, if the Blue Square

Premiership and league 2 is where the competition is for his signature and he is considering it, he should just leave now. Now THAT a lack of ambition, or maybe a simple lack of interest in a very good player who's legs are away or a short centre half that can pass a bit.

Sorry TF I edited it  ;D. The original is in Kowalski's post. I just thought mine was more accurate ;).

Jesus christ.  This is our fucking CAPTAIN.

"We should be hearing stuff like. "I love playing for Aberdeen The town is great and the club and everything in it is like a football mecca.  If a bigger offer came in from england I would of course have to consider it, but my main choice would be to stay at Aberdeen and fight tooth and nail for the club , especially with a wonderful chance to be in Europe again."

These interview's have upheld my suspicions.

Fuck off to england now, stop holding us to ransom and get your wage for Bridlington north end,you are not even HALF the captain Anderson was and you clearly dont give a toss about us you pathetic washed up jambo.

"We should be hearing stuff like. "I love playing for Aberdeen The town is great and the club and everything in it is like a football mecca.  If a bigger offer came in from england I would of course have to consider it, but my main choice would be to stay at Aberdeen and fight tooth and nail for the club , especially with a wonderful chance to be in Europe again."

Fuck off to england now, stop holding us to ransom and get your wage for Bridlington north end,you are not even HALF the captain Anderson was and you clearly dont give a toss about us you pathetic washed up jambo.

All very true I'm afraid.

Wonder if he'd have had it so easy at Boston Utd ???

Couldn't have put it better myself.